Arbroath v Queens Park

The way we move the ball going forward is outrageously good at times. We absolutely nailed the game plan in those horrid conditions and in the end, it was a stroll in the park. That front 3 of Murray, Thomas and Savoury is the best attacking trio in the league. They link the play between each other so well, it’s a joy to watch. Making sure we make the playoffs has to be the aim still but to be one point off top at Christmas is undeniably exciting 

Arbroath were utterly stinking

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sounds like a description of QP's last three wins. God forbid it gets to their head.

Top of the league for two hours and you're already so rattled you're going into our threads to try convince yourself you're not worried about us.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

You were decent in the match I've just watched.  You beat an extremely poor  team.

Congratulations,  but don't go overboard. 

Well, I would be going overboard if that was my team.

Their first season in the Championship and they’ve just destroyed an, admittedly atrocious, Arbroath team away from home, playing excellent, fast paced attacking football.

Very few teams have done that to us, home or away for years… even this season.

Well played QP, I hope you win the league… and have to play Premiership football in your ludicrously inadequate stadium.

5 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

Rattled

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Top of the league for two hours and you're already so rattled you're going into our threads to try convince yourself you're not worried about us.

Thank you.

Keep up the good form lads, wouldn't want the battering you'll get at Dens next month to be meaningless. Might just nick the good Dee Simon Murray while we're at it, maybe he'd fancy a shot at actually winning the league!

Seriously though, enjoy your night lads. We will too.

Have seen similar sized clubs to Dundee attempt this sort of patter before. Yer Clyde and yer Airdrie types. Only reason for them existing is crowd wanking and racism. Meanwhile, the proper big boys just quietly go away from home and routinely take four and five off their opponents. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Have seen similar sized clubs to Dundee attempt this sort of patter before. Yer Clyde and yer Airdrie types. Only reason for them existing is crowd wanking and racism. Meanwhile, the proper big boys just quietly go away from home and routinely take four and five off their opponents. 

Get back to me when you start beating teams you're actually competing with. Until then, it's just a vapid and soulless version of Arbroath's enjoyable run last season for the enjoyment of basically nobody.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Well played QP, I hope you win the league… and have to play Premiership football in your ludicrously inadequate stadium.

A quick check of the SPFL Bronze Standard for stadia shows…minimum of 500 covered spaces…that’s it. Christ, two 3,300 capacity white elephants dragging us down, and now it’s come to this.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sounds like a description of QP's last three wins. God forbid it gets to their head.

Six in a row actually. It’s almost like our style of play makes other teams look poor. 

We were superb last night. Understandable that Lichties were disappointed but the match stats will help with some perspective. Both teams deserve great credit for making a very decent game in what was an atrocious evening of weather. I’m singling out Simon Murray for his improvement in leading the team. Looks very much like some wise ex-striker has got him making runs from the right place at the right time. Offsides we’re a trade mark for him last season but his goal last night was a masterclass in making an opportunity from nothing and finishing with composure. Moreover, yet again, when he left the game our dynamism up front waned and Arbroath had their best spell of the game in the last 15. Only downside was the defence, battling to the end, deserved a shutout last night but fair play to Arbroath’s subs for wanting their moment of glory.

For the first time last night, I’ve conceded to myself that we are a very good footballing team. Time will tell if we have the depth of character to do something special this season. 

Always a pleasure visiting Arbroath. Black & White Army were in top form last night and the rapport between players and fans is great to see. All in all, couldn’t have been much better last night. Despite the weather. 

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

10 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Another point - QPs game tonight was a masterclass in how to play with and against a strong wind - Kept it on the ground, fast, incisive  attack. All 4 goals were slick passing moves, no crosses or aimless punts.

This is something not accustomed to a DC team.