Celtic - Livi - 21/12/22

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

Can't see this going well.  At least I won't be tempted to watch it on Hesgoal as it's now gone.

As I will be at the game suffering, I’ll spread my optimism by telling you there should be a stream on BuffStreams, you’re welcome! 

Hamilton starts in goals and we've no chance, Ivan is decent enough though, but still can't see us getting anything, combination of this being our first league game back after the break, and Celtic playing at home, and them gubbing us in our last match too.

Martindale saying he will play 4-3-3 with wingers, which sounds like Bahamboula-Anderson-Nouble in the front 3 is adventurous, but as he also said, doesn't matter what formation you play against Celtic you'll find yourself pushed back into a low block defending your goal. So we'll see how this goes. As usually, nothing expected so anything on the positive result side will be a bonus.

Honestly not sure what to expect, Aberdeen held Celtic back for 90% of their game in a low block. Aberdeen aren't as good at setting up a low block as we are. There's every chance we can do something here if Nouble is on his game. 

Also, realistically this could end up 6-0 and we lose, but I don't think any of us are expecting any less. It's a free hit, just don't tank our GD and we're good. In saying that I think we have the best defensive record in the league outside the OF. 

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly not sure what to expect, Aberdeen held Celtic back for 90% of their game in a low block. Aberdeen aren't as good at setting up a low block as we are. There's every chance we can do something here if Nouble is on his game. 

Also, realistically this could end up 6-0 and we lose, but I don't think any of us are expecting any less. It's a free hit, just don't tank our GD and we're good. In saying that I think we have the best defensive record in the league outside the OF. 

Also got to factor in VAR decisions, so far we've had a penalty given to us in our last 3 games from VAR checks. Here's hoping that continues.

I'm imagining it's this(?):

Ivan

Devlin-Obileye-Fitzwater-Longridge

St. Kelly-Se. Kelly-Penrice

Omeonga-Anderson-Montano

4-3-3 and fits what Martindale said but with wingers who can make more of a defensive impact? No doubt Celtic's game plan is set up to nullify Nouble and we've thrown a spanner in the works with pace down the wing rather than Nouble dragging it up the park and holding off defenders. Nouble will come on 45-60 mins in if it's 0-0 and try get us something. 

I've learned not to doubt Martindale though, there'll be a reason for this

Edited by ATLIS

Celtic away is a fixture you plan for getting 0 points from and following this there's three matches with little rest time between them. So leaving Pittman and Nouble out the starting line up tonight makes sense.

22 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Celtic away is a fixture you plan for getting 0 points from and following this there's three matches with little rest time between them. So leaving Pittman and Nouble out the starting line up tonight makes sense.

I think this is spot on. Celtic have won over 20 domestic trophies over the past 11 seasons, which is very dominant, and now have such a big financial advantage their dominance will probably become almost absolute in domestic football.

I’d expect to see more teams look to other fixtures as opportunities to get points and use the games vs Celtic as an opportunity to rotate their squad and rest key players as getting any points vs Celtic is highly unlikely.