Celtic - Livi - 21/12/22

I'm completely guessing here but Isma was probably signed as an experienced striker happy to act as back up and he's maybe on a low wage given he came from Bangladesh. What we're seeing now probably is not far off the peak level he can get to. It might seem underwhelming but if we consider the performances of who he replaced in the squad - Jack Hamilton - he's probably not any worse. I think Isma could score in home matches against lower half of the table sides, if chances are being laid on for him he'd probably be a solid enough finisher. His lack of mobility means he can't create anything for himself, though, so he's a bit useless in matches where we're playing more defensively.

11 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The half time chat on sportsound is why has Ange hasn’t left yet? 

Why ? It's the proverbial no brainer. As Europe has shown he's simply not good enough for anything more strenuous than walking over teams with a fraction of his budget.  He'd be a fool to leave and he's nobody's fool.

I'd echo the chat above about Isma. There's been a few games at home when his link up play has been decent, and he's 3rd/4th choice striker at a club that plays one up front so the budgets probably not hit that much in keeping him. Martindale tried bolstering the squad in January with loan signings, which didn't work, so it makes sense to sign a player who's ours. Over time it's the sort of role a youth player will take

Onto the game - shite first half, decent second half. Martindale had an eye on the upcoming fixtures, both in terms of starting line up and subs. Interesting to see Longridge preferred to Boyes at LB/LCB as well 

6 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd echo the chat above about Isma. There's been a few games at home when his link up play has been decent, and he's 3rd/4th choice striker at a club that plays one up front so the budgets probably not hit that much in keeping him. Martindale tried bolstering the squad in January with loan signings, which didn't work, so it makes sense to sign a player who's ours. Over time it's the sort of role a youth player will take

Onto the game - shite first half, decent second half. Martindale had an eye on the upcoming fixtures, both in terms of starting line up and subs. Interesting to see Longridge preferred to Boyes at LB/LCB as well 

I don't think there's anything surprising about Longridge starting at LCB. Martindale is a big fan of Jacko and his versatility. Also, playing a natural LB there allowed them to cover Montano going forward without having to change their game too much

Twitter full of Celtic das claiming conspiracy about the offside call last night.

Do these c***s ever take the night off fs. Not only was Abada clearly interfering with play from an offside position  but they won the game anyway. Who has enough time in their lives to give a f**k?

Claiming conspiracy when theyve won about 70% of trophies on offer over the last decade is beyond hilariously stupid 

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Why ? It's the proverbial no brainer. As Europe has shown he's simply not good enough for anything more strenuous than walking over teams with a fraction of his budget.  He'd be a fool to leave and he's nobody's fool.

https://www.scie.org.uk/dementia/living-with-dementia/difficult-situations/repetition.asp#:~:text=Some reasons why a person,information and an emotional need.

Apparently there are certain half-wits among the 'Celtic support' who equate criticism of their club and it's employees as being indicative of suffering from an incurable degenerative disease that causes untold suffering and heartbreak for the victims and their families. Very classy and, considering the many decent ex-celts who have succumbed to this horrible illness, very strange .....

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Starting to think we are no longer the underdogs against Livingston 

🤣 Very good.

Martindale will have the Sevco fans accusing him of being a Celtic fan now, taking a point off them at Ibrox and losing 2 games to Celtic. But Celtic fans will still be saying he's a Sevco fan for not taking all 3pts, conceding the equaliser in ET.*

*I'm joking but sadly there'll be some that paranoid actually thinking that.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Apparently there are certain half-wits among the 'Celtic support' who equate criticism of their club and it's employees as being indicative of suffering from an incurable degenerative disease that causes untold suffering and heartbreak for the victims and their families. Very classy and, considering the many decent ex-celts who have succumbed to this horrible illness, very strange .....

I believe it was the constant repetition they were hinting at. If you click the link it highlights it.

Albeit a crap comparison, your crap and repetitive posts will attract crap responses.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

😂😂

200.gif

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Twitter full of Celtic das claiming conspiracy about the offside call last night.

Do these c***s ever take the night off fs. Not only was Abada clearly interfering with play from an offside position  but they won the game anyway. Who has enough time in their lives to give a f**k?

Claiming conspiracy when theyve won about 70% of trophies on offer over the last decade is beyond hilariously stupid 

Dear Jacky1990, twitter is full of Partick Thistle gammons backing Jeremy Clarkson. See how I just did that?!?

37 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Dear Jacky1990, twitter is full of Partick Thistle gammons backing Jeremy Clarkson. See how I just did that?!?

Trying to divert conversation when a section of your fanbase get called out for being moonhowling weirdos?

Yip, see it.

11 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

70% isn't enough M8, maybe you should check the rule it's got feck all to do with Abada being in a off-side position.

On 21/12/2022 at 21:09, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He also lost 22 league games across his last 2 seasons in the J League so it’s probably still a novelty for him managing such a dominant team domestically. 

I see you repeating this as if it somehow really matters. The J-League is a much more competitive league than ours so perfectly plausible he would lose more games than in Scotland however that win % is somewhat akin to what Brendan Rodgers had at Liverpool and bear in mind he was just but a slip away from winning the Premier League so any manager coming up here from a more competitive league barring the likes of Guardiola and Klopp is likely to find managing such a domestically dominant team a novelty. I’m sure Tuchel and Poch found that out when they went to PSG

To Celtic fans all that matters is how he does he here and the big fella is doing just fine. 

Edited by Jinky67

On 22/12/2022 at 22:56, Jinky67 said:

I see you repeating this as if it somehow really matters. The J-League is a much more competitive league than ours so perfectly plausible he would lose more games than in Scotland however that win % is somewhat akin to what Brendan Rodgers had at Liverpool and bear in mind he was just but a slip away from winning the Premier League so any manager coming up here from a more competitive league barring the likes of Guardiola and Klopp is likely to find managing such a domestically dominant team a novelty. I’m sure Tuchel and Poch found that out when they went to PSG

To Celtic fans all that matters is how he does he here and the big fella is doing just fine. 

Not sure about your response mate, all I was saying is I don’t think he’d be overly keen to leave. He’s 57 so probably winding down career wise and has a relatively pressure free job that he’ll be well compensated for.

I’m not 100% sure but I also don’t think he’s had offers from elsewhere either - but I could be wrong.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not sure about your response mate, all I was saying is I don’t think he’d be overly keen to leave. He’s 57 so probably winding down career wise and has a relatively pressure free job that he’ll be well compensated for.

I’m not 100% sure but I also don’t think he’s had offers from elsewhere either - but I could be wrong.

No you have laboured the point in 2 or 3 of your posts about him loosing 22 games in 2 seasons. It’s pretty clear the allusion you are trying to make and it has the square root of f**k all to do with his age.

And if you think Celtic is a relatively pressure free job then clearly you don’t pay much attention. The pressure to win pretty much every game domestically is massive and to not just win but win well.

Edited by Jinky67

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No you have laboured the point in 2 or 3 of your posts about him loosing 22 games in 2 seasons. It’s pretty clear the allusion you are trying to make and it has the square root of f**k all to do with his age.

And if you think Celtic is a relatively pressure free job then clearly you don’t pay much attention. The pressure to win pretty much every game domestically is massive and to not just win but win well.

Allusion- good use of your vocabulary mate. Not so sure about the F word though.

Have a good Christmas.