St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And there was me thinking that the Dons and Saints were old pals, exchanging good players and managers between us and generally looking after each other's backs and now we're taking punches below the belt from our old Buddies...

Hardly below the belt. Just telling the truth. 
You have won as many major trophies as our wee team has in the last 2 decades. 

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Hardly below the belt. Just telling the truth. 
You have won as many major trophies as our wee team has in the last 2 decades. 

My first match was on March 3rd 1984 when the Saints visited Pittodrie, and as I walked into the Beach End (I'm sure the away fans were in the Paddock) my nine year old breath was taken away by the vast green pitch and the supporters gathering pitchside in expectation.

Both teams looked magnificent, and the team colours complemented each other, Dons in all red and the Saints bedecked in a super-cool black and white stripes (see below) with black shorts.

The Dons won 2-0 with goals from Strachan and Hewitt; however, both teams left an impression on me that day, which was bolstered when I learned later that Fergie also managed the Saints before heading North.

Well if the Dons don't win trophies then I'm just glad someone else does other then Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee. Unfortunately, that's where I am now with Scottish football. It's us against them...

football_shirt_73045_1_369x492x1.jpg.12f15902f4635a266e845f442307c5ef.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Do you? Where you are is in a league that has nothing much between any of the teams bar the top two who are out of sight. The bigger budgets and supports of Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs don’t seem to translate into much of anything. In fact, I’d go as far as to say Livingston and Motherwell, or St Johnstone and Dundee United away are equally troubling fixtures for St Mirren than Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. Wafer thin difference between any of us. 

Aye, I’d agree with most of that.
Caveat that slightly by saying I’d be happy to play you at Pittodrie any time.  

Your record there is very poor? 

Over time the budgets of the bigger clubs show quite clearly.

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

Furthermore, Hibs have won 10 major honours, Hearts have won 16, Aberdeen have won 17 (domestic). St Mirren, for example, have won 4, and no non-city club has won more than 5.

The issue is that in any one season Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen's budget advantage over the other Premiership clubs isn't enough to just slap them aside. A well-coached and tough-to-beat smaller Premiership club will always have a swing at making Europe.

2 hours ago, Lola montez said:

On another topic, I noticed the Aberdeen no 3 McKenzie had huge rips in his socks at the back, doesn’t have particularly huge calves so does anyone know what this is all about, do Aberdeen have a mouse/ moth problem or does McKenzie need his nails trimmed?

He nearly needed a pair of suspenders to keep them up.

21 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And there was me thinking that the Dons and Saints were old pals, exchanging good players and managers between us and generally looking after each other's backs and now we're taking punches below the belt from our old Buddies...

We’ve moved on to Hibs.

Ripping holes in your socks to improve circulation. Remember when players were slapping wee things across their noses to improve breathing… must be the latest short-term fad.

How long until there’s a rumour St Mirren are in financial trouble because our players are burning through socks at a rate of fifty pairs a week?

Mind you, Aberdeen will be burning through them at a hundred pairs a week - bigger club, bigger budget, bigger support, more socks. I think that’s how it works.

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ripping holes in your socks to improve circulation. Remember when players were slapping wee things across their noses to improve breathing… must be the latest short-term fad.

How long until there’s a rumour St Mirren are in financial trouble because our players are burning through socks at a rate of fifty pairs a week?

Mind you, Aberdeen will be burning through them at a hundred pairs a week - bigger club, bigger budget, bigger support, more socks. I think that’s how it works.

they don’t burn them they cut them with scissors 🤪