St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

Oh what fun, it is to f**k the Dons on Christmas Eve. 

Only 3 more sleeps til we get to welcome back………….. the player of the World Cup Keanu Baccus . The last time he was on a field competitively he was up against Messi so Aberdeen shouldn’t cause anything near the danger he coped with. 

Great home record against poor away record so can’t see anything but a bore draw. 

5 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Our sole purpose in Scottish football seems to be to make both arse cheeks look good, so goodness knows what’ll happen here. 

Goodwin left in Paisley when the bus comes back would be a great result for me. 

As loved as he will always be, wouldn’t replace Robbo with Goody so please take him back to your big stadium and wages etc.

Understand why Goodwin went to Aberdeen big club big wages and a decent kitty for transfers.  However you just know odds would go against him  if results don't meet expectations.  I see from AFC forum many want Goodwin out already.  We can't say Jim did not know what he was going to after all he talked McGrath out of signing for Aberdeen in favour of heading south.  Love Goodwin he is our legend but have to say Robinson for me is a better manager our home record is excellent while our away record is the opposite horrendous but I'm confident Robinson will sort that out.  We are only 4 point behind Aberdeen with two games in hand though it has to be said away games to Hearts and Motherwell.  Aberdeen should be favourites here however we have swept away both Celtic and Rangers so I'm going for a narrow Saints win.   12.30 kick off is shite for us travelling fans so I'm not sure if I will make the trip the fact its on Alba at 6pm at the moment is appealing but I just know the old heart strings will be pulled to attend the game. 

I’d be amazed if Goodwin employed his usual ultra-defensive tactic at any point in this game regardless of the scoreline. It will see him hounded out for good.

Watching the past 2 Aberdeen games were probably no surprise to any Saints fans. Worst thing we ever did under Goodwin was lead 4-1 at half time at Fir Park, as soon as the second half kicked off you could see we were getting extra time/penalties at best and so it transpired. A shambles. Although he did a good job overall, he’s not missed. 

9 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Worst thing we ever did under Goodwin was lead 4-1 at half time at Fir Park, as soon as the second half kicked off you could see we were getting extra time/penalties at best and so it transpired. A shambles. Although he did a good job overall, he’s not missed. 

Oh, of course, I remember that game but never associated with Goodwin but, as we Dons now know, it's got his tactical nous written all over it...

So he doesn't learn from his mistakes then, similar to his gaffer, Dave C...

Goodwin is going to have to produce a miracle from somewhere before I can even listen to one of his interviews again. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

21 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I’d be amazed if Goodwin employed his usual ultra-defensive tactic at any point in this game regardless of the scoreline. It will see him hounded out for good.

Watching the past 2 Aberdeen games were probably no surprise to any Saints fans. Worst thing we ever did under Goodwin was lead 4-1 at half time at Fir Park, as soon as the second half kicked off you could see we were getting extra time/penalties at best and so it transpired. A shambles. Although he did a good job overall, he’s not missed. 

His usual ultra-defensive tactic? I don’t think you’ve watched much of Aberdeen.