St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

P.S. Declan Gallagher is miles better than any of the shite that currently inhabits your defence.

He was emptied as he could not cope with the play it out from the back style our chairman seems to insist we adopt.

He’ll be fine in a Robinson team.

This does make the signing of Anthony Stewart a tad baffling, as he’s even less comfortable with the ball at his feet - and that incident on Saturday had always been coming.

11 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

aberdeen fans are still living in the 80s

for those who weren’t born they had a no bad team then,deserve the stars on their strip more than the team they donated the points to the other night

Oh FFS, that tired old cliche?! 🤡

Stop talking utter shite & regurgitating bollocks like that. 

No Dons fans I know are living in the 80’s FFS - we know where we are now & what we are. 

A substantial amount of the support weren’t even born in the 80’s 😆

Late contender for worst post of the year award. 

37 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

we know where we are now & what we are. 

Do you? Where you are is in a league that has nothing much between any of the teams bar the top two who are out of sight. The bigger budgets and supports of Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs don’t seem to translate into much of anything. In fact, I’d go as far as to say Livingston and Motherwell, or St Johnstone and Dundee United away are equally troubling fixtures for St Mirren than Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. Wafer thin difference between any of us. 

38 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Do you? Where you are is in a league that has nothing much between any of the teams bar the top two who are out of sight. The bigger budgets and supports of Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs don’t seem to translate into much of anything. In fact, I’d go as far as to say Livingston and Motherwell, or St Johnstone and Dundee United away are equally troubling fixtures for St Mirren than Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. Wafer thin difference between any of us. 

We qualified for Europe 8 seasons in a row, including 4 runners-up on the trot before the insistence on replacing pragmatism with 'entertaining football' came from the top.

I think Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs budgets would probably always see them top half if there wasn't that level of expectation to ask guys on 2-3k a week to do things many of them simply aren't really capable of doing on a consistent basis.

Robinson will just get Curtis Main to be Curtis Main, and that can be effective enough in this league.

Edited by tarapoa

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

We qualified for Europe 8 seasons in a row, including 4 runners-up on the trot before the insistence on replacing pragmatism with 'entertaining football' came from the top.

I think Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs budgets would probably always see them top half if there wasn't that level of expectation to ask guys on 2-3k a week to do things many of them simply aren't really capable of doing on a consistent basis.

Robinson will just get Curtis Main to be Curtis Main, and that can be effective enough in this league.

Ignoring the second back handed compliment in as many posts, I agree with your assessment here.

I thought the same when Aberdeen got rid of Jimmy Calderwood to replace him with Mark McGhee. It was almost a certainty that Aberdeen would be worse under whoever took over when McInnes left.

Aberdeen aren't the only club guilty of moving fairly successful managers on in the hope the next guy will take them to another level. More often than not it's the wrong direction that they move in.

On another topic, I noticed the Aberdeen no 3 McKenzie had huge rips in his socks at the back, doesn’t have particularly huge calves so does anyone know what this is all about, do Aberdeen have a mouse/ moth problem or does McKenzie need his nails trimmed?

6 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

On another topic, I noticed the Aberdeen no 3 McKenzie had huge rips in his socks at the back, doesn’t have particularly huge calves so does anyone know what this is all about, do Aberdeen have a mouse/ moth problem or does McKenzie need his nails trimmed?

Actually seen a few players doing this - absolutely no idea why 

9 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Tanser and Erhahon had it too. It's a new fad, apparently it helps with circulation. Sounds like a lot of pish to me. A pair of socks with those holes cut in them would last a 2 or 3 games at most.

55 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Something something... Holes at the back, Aberdeen's defence... I'm tired so just put the pieces together yourselves.

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Were the Famous not saved from a relegation playoff as Falkirk could not be promoted?

Perennial underachievers despite vast sums spent on them.

Milne voting to keep the 10-2 vote along with Celtic will forever be remembered.

Ahh a ‘living in the 80s’ away from completing the ‘we just beat Aberdeen’ bingo. 

Hard luck. 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Were the Famous not saved from a relegation playoff as Falkirk could not be promoted?

Milne voting to keep the 10-2 vote along with Celtic will forever be remembered.

And there was me thinking that the Dons and Saints were old pals, exchanging good players and managers between us and generally looking after each other's backs and now we're taking punches below the belt from our old Buddies...

14 minutes ago, Molotov said:

To be fair a couple of relegation playoffs being the worst we've done in 119 years isn't bad when you look at the Edinburgh, Dundee and Paisley yoyo clubs.