Hamilton Academical thread

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Zanatta certainly has delusions of grandeur,  he thinks he 10x the player he is.  If he's under contract tho you may find him difficult to get rid.  He'll go round everyone thinking they'll fall head over heals for him only to look around and see no offers in the championship,  at that point when reality hits he only has the option to stick around. 

Zanattas pish always has been always will be but our fans love him because he went on a 6 month purple patch, fraudulent footballer who’s been nicking a living… when the going gets tough he hides, there’s a reason we binned him and he not getting a game for Hamilton….. sorry for the rant just seeing his name triggers me 

Zanatta plays well in a winning team. He was excellent for us last season until it became abundantly clear that he was our only attacking threat and teams doubled up on him. It was always a ludicrous decision to take him on for a relegation battle. 

If he'd been in this season's Airdrie team, with multiple other attacking options to pick up the slack when he inevitably has an off day, he'd have 15 goals and assists, easily. 

The problem for him will always be finding a club that has room for that kind of luxury. He should definitely be looking for a top half side, even if it's in the division (or two) below. He's not suited for a scrap in the slightest, and he should know that better than anyone by now. 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Easton is the other. I assume McGinn, One, Forsyth etc. all signed atleast 2 year deals when they signed their professional contracts at the start of the season but we shall need to wait and see.

Hoping Zanatta has delusions of grandeur and sees himself above L1 or has a relegation break clause.

I’m sure we’ll get a retained list at some point next week (maybe). Genuinely out of everyone out of contract the only ones I could see being willing to stay in league 1 would be Redfern, Owens, maybe Mimnaugh and Michael Doyle (if the club would be willing to keep him around).

McGinn would've gone pro in 2021 so could be out of contract. He, One and Forsyth are probably the most likely* to attract interest, too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the club pushing for them to leave. I agree that I have no expectations of anyone other than the academy graduates sticking around. 

*assuming Fulton's already away

Brutal end to a brutal season but no complaints really as the two worst teams in the league went down. Sadly for accies fans football is the least of our worries. Lots of work to be done to remove the parasites that claim to be our board. Rankin is clearly not the answer. However, despite overseeing some of the most baffling football "management" I have witnessed in over 40 years of following our mob, I dont see how anyone could succed under this regime. Using lots of sweary words here would be more than justified to express my contempt for McGoofy and his band of total........     nah il try and be bigger than that! Now wheres that bucket and spade 😪

On 21/05/2023 at 18:44, RRFC_Liam said:

Zanattas pish always has been always will be but our fans love him because he went on a 6 month purple patch, fraudulent footballer who’s been nicking a living… when the going gets tough he hides, there’s a reason we binned him and he not getting a game for Hamilton….. sorry for the rant just seeing his name triggers me 

I’m not a huge fan of him, but if it wasn’t for Dario Zanatta then we’d almost certainly have just finished a season trying to get out of League One. Also, the fans definitely don’t love him 

Edited by McGuigan1978

I don't really want to go into moments on Saturday as that's a bit of a waste of time, but I thought Zanatta was the wrong sub when Smith went off injured. All we had to do was graft and show discipline for 10 minutes and Zanatta doesn't offer that while it's all that Stephenson offers. Even Morgan might have been a better option. 

Well deserved for the youngsters. I've really enjoyed watching them this season, and most who featured tonight will be eligible for the u18s next season (including Oné and Forsyth), although a few are bound to be poached/leave. Of the few ineligible, I'd promote Newbury and hope that he comes on physically and McGinn's obviously been involved plenty. 

Well done to the boys, looked like a team playing for each other with passion and belief. Some real prospects and hope they stay with us going forward. Not made it along to an unders game before due to work, not living in Hamilton etc. but glad we made the effort tonight. Decent numbers turned out too. 

Watched quite a few of their games and tonight was an average performance but we got the job done despite The Well getting two penalties which puzzled nearly everyone.

Loads of Scouts at these games and sadly McGowan will probably try to punt any he can to make up for the drastic shortfall in income.

I expect to see quite a few of these guys in the first team next season.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Thought the penalty awards were soft to say the least and the ref was poor throughout. Can see why a regular would feel the performance was average last night but felt we were always in control and managed the game well (which the first team couldnt do for the last 10 mins on Sat)

Noticed a few club reps in the stand, to be expected given the season the team has had. Sadly feel you are right that cashing in for the junkie hotel will be Mcgowans plan.

Noticed Ronnie and Dougie were sat together tonight. Dougie becoming a regular in recent weeks, no doubt keeping an eye on boys he knows well but wish he was planning to return. Should never have been allowed to leave and could have got much more out of the first team this year.

8 hours ago, Beckford said:

Thought the penalty awards were soft to say the least and the ref was poor throughout. Can see why a regular would feel the performance was average last night but felt we were always in control and managed the game well (which the first team couldnt do for the last 10 mins on Sat)

Noticed a few club reps in the stand, to be expected given the season the team has had. Sadly feel you are right that cashing in for the junkie hotel will be Mcgowans plan.

Noticed Ronnie and Dougie were sat together tonight. Dougie becoming a regular in recent weeks, no doubt keeping an eye on boys he knows well but wish he was planning to return. Should never have been allowed to leave and could have got much more out of the first team this year.

Every game I have watched Imrie is always there as I think he was in charge of most of them at under 15/16 level.

The one who gotaway.com

10 hours ago, Beckford said:

Imrie can GTF for finding the protest a few games ago highly amusing.

56 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Imrie can GTF for finding the protest a few games ago highly amusing.

Cant say i noticed that Todd, but would be anoyed and suprised tbh if he was laughing at the protest. Would have been a fairly uncomfortable situation for him but given who he was sittting next to that day, if you dance with the devil and all that.  still think he was a great servant and would have loved to have seen him get the managers role. If he pinches a load of the boys from last night however, i would agree with you, he can GTF lol

1 hour ago, Beckford said:

Cant say i noticed that Todd, but would be anoyed and suprised tbh if he was laughing at the protest. Would have been a fairly uncomfortable situation for him but given who he was sittting next to that day, if you dance with the devil and all that.  still think he was a great servant and would have loved to have seen him get the managers role. If he pinches a load of the boys from last night however, i would agree with you, he can GTF lol

I also noticed that Imrie was laughing at fans during the protest against Alloa.

47 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I also noticed that Imrie was laughing at fans during the protest against Alloa.

Thats gutting right enough then. Guess i was too busy giving it tight to his hosts at the time to notice this.