Albion Rovers vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

I have the fear about this one, Rovers shouldn't be bottom of the league from what I saw at the Rock last time out. Sons supporters will be there in decent numbers too.

Mon the Sons 

I missed the home game but Rovers looked better than their current position back in August. I'm not bothered by our performance, a win will make me happy.

It would be nice to show our true ability vs Albion at some point this season after 2 below par performances this season. Think I'll make it along on Saturday and then be heading straight to my gig afterwards. If we play with the confidence we've had recently then we should have enough. The pitch could be a bit of a leveller depending on its condition though.

Aron Lynas out tomorrow is a bit of a blow. He's been absolutely superb this season. Hopefully he's fit for the Stirling Albion game next week.

Leaves Faz with a bit of a dilemma too. Will he chuck Edin Lynch in for a first start since April against Charlie Reilly? Will he move Carsy to right-back and bring Ryan McGeever in? 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aron Lynas out tomorrow is a bit of a blow. He's been absolutely superb this season. Hopefully he's fit for the Stirling Albion game next week.

Leaves Faz with a bit of a dilemma too. Will he chuck Edin Lynch in for a first start since April against Charlie Reilly? Will he move Carsy to right-back and bring Ryan McGeever in? 

Lynch seems the logical solution there.

24 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’d say McNiff and Wylde down the left are the definite weak links.

I genuinely have no idea where all this stuff about McNiff being a weak link has come from. He’s been as solid as the rest of the defence this season and his height at the back and from set pieces is a real asset. I feel like because he isn’t a quick overlapping full back people think he’s bad. I think he suits the way we play perfectly. Can anyone actually provide any evidence of him turning in consistently poor performances? I remember him having a howler for one goal (against maybe Forfar at home?) and having a poor performance away at Stirling when the entire team were dreadful but other than that I’m struggling to remember anything that would mark him out as a weak link in the squad. 

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I genuinely have no idea where all this stuff about McNiff being a weak link has come from. He’s been as solid as the rest of the defence this season and his height at the back and from set pieces is a real asset. I feel like because he isn’t a quick overlapping full back people think he’s bad. I think he suits the way we play perfectly. Can anyone actually provide any evidence of him turning in consistently poor performances? I remember him having a howler for one goal (against maybe Forfar at home?) and having a poor performance away at Stirling when the entire team were dreadful but other than that I’m struggling to remember anything that would mark him out as a weak link in the squad. 

Looked solid enough defensively, but uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and doesn’t offer any attacking threat.

We should approach the game with enthusiasm but also caution.AR are a decent side and we should not be cocky as they will punish us.Lynas being out is a blow and i would imagine Lynch will come in.Didnt mcgeever play RB at some point in his career?Could be an option at a push might be wrong though.

We really need Byrne back and another striker to give us options as right now any more injuries will leave us really exposed.RE: Mcniff ..he has been solid this year for the most part but his lack of pace if exploited is an obvious achilles heel.This hasnt happened very often this year and lets hope its not the case today.Looking forward to the game today.

50 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Looked solid enough defensively, but uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and doesn’t offer any attacking threat.

I think he looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Buchanan does (who 9 times out of 10 just blooters it up the park) and in terms of being an attacking threat - he’s not there to make marauding runs up the line and he provides plenty of threat from set pieces. If we had two full backs bombing up the park we’d be badly exposed at the back IMO. I just feel a lot of the criticism or singling out as being a weak link is hugely unfair on one of the guys who has been a consistently good performer for us since he signed.