Dunfermline v Falkirk

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Unless you have x-ray vision to see through the keeper neither you nor anyone else can all it with any certainty. The keeper doesn't react when it's given which isn't a great sign for you claim that it's "clear"

That's a very good argument to say it shouldn't have been given.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The first goal clearly isnt over the line. Doesnt surprise me tbh, sums up our luck this season.

Deserved win and league title for Dunfermline though, fair play. We just havent been consistent enough 

Second paragraph is dross. The title isn’t won yet and we have been very consistent.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

52 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, I know the angle in the net looks like it might not have been over but the replay from the wide angle makes it look like (admittedly through a tangle of legs) that the keeper carried it back over the line. He didn't protest too much.

The net rippled.

🙄

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Can’t find the story just now but loved how when McPake first turned up at East End to see about the job he spotted a young lad running round the pitch the whole time. This was weeks before preseason. The young man introduced himself as Matty Todd and explained that last season wasn’t good enough fitness-wise and that he was determined to improve himself and the team this year. 

It’s a great story. I love how Todd (or any of the players) had no idea a potential new manager was kicking about. He was just knocking his pan in before preseason even started. It has really shown this season, his core strength and agility has been amazing, I think a lot of opposition players are surprised by it as he just looks like a skinny wee guy that you could easily nudge off the ball. Proven himself as a real athlete this season and is a huge part of our squad. 

9 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Its just the distance of the fans then I think. Even the NW didnt sound very good. Only when you scored.

Be honest, how good was the sound at the goals? I was thinking that if Falkirk scored, the ‘yas’ was going to be incredible. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

If the Falkirk fans are getting testy now, just wait until they find out the ref supports a Fife team. Really get that sense of injustice fueled! 

Don’t know about the ref but the main stand linesman is/was definitely a Rovers fan!

On 04/03/2023 at 22:40, Newbornbairn said:

Dunfermline are getting spanked on Tuesday, that's a racing certainty fact. How do I know?

In 2010 when Flynn missed from 1 yard out at Killie to see us relegated, I was there.

When we went to Cowdenbeath and got beat, I was there.

When we went to Hampden and were 3-0 up at half time but got beat 3-4, I was there.

When we went to Hampden and lost to a joke late goal in the Scottish Cup Final, I was there.

When we went to Killie and just needed a draw to go up but got humped, I was there.

When we had Dundee Utd at home in the play offs but lost, I was there.

But on Tuesday night, I'm working and won't be there.

So COYB and get it right up these Fife fannies.

Interesting theory that. 

Ended up you being there or not didn't make a difference. Simply a case of Falkirk being shite.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

There was once a Scott Wilson header that barely crossed the six yard line never mind the goal line. Our players laughed but happily accepted the goal. Can’t remember who we were playing?

What season was that? Can’t remember that one!

The fact it wasn’t a goal has made that victory so much better. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

There was once a Scott Wilson header that barely crossed the six yard line never mind the goal line. Our players laughed but happily accepted the goal. Can’t remember who we were playing?

The only time I can think of a dubious line decision going our way was in a league game against Livingston, McPake was playing for them. I remember that specifically because Callum Elliot had a dive and McPake ran up the pitch to tell him to wrap it in. Think we won 1-0.

Edit - https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First Team&D=2008-12-30&ID=442

Dave McKay played aswell. 

Edited by Grant228

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The only time I can think of a dubious line decision going our way was in a league game against Livingston, McPake was playing for them. I remember that specifically because Callum Elliot had a dive and McPake ran up the pitch to tell him to wrap it in. Think we won 1-0.

Edit - https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First Team&D=2008-12-30&ID=442

Dave McKay played aswell. 

Was going to say that it was against someone with no fans.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought you were going to say the Livi one around 2006 when Hunt and Burchill scored to keep us up. 

That was glorious, I think officially hunt didn’t score as it was given the burchill touch had already crossed the line, turned out hunt had just about punched it in from about 3 yards out.

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I haven't read any of the thread since before the game started as I can't be arsed reading the inevitable vitriol.

The better team won the game and the best team is going to win the league. McPake will know that nothing fancy is required now and Dunfermline will do what they've done all season and win it in a canter.

As far as we are concerned, we were absolutely shite last night. Once again we've choked in a big game and essentially made things easy for Dunfermline. I think the keeper did ok, Mackie was all right, Rowe was ok when anyone bothered to give him the ball and Henderson and Burrell weren't completely disastrous when they came on. The rest were minging. I expressed my concerns on young Max being a starter given the occasion, crowd and the fact that he'd be up against better players and it seems I was right. The man who really got on my tits though was Donaldson. It may be he's playing as he does on the manager's instruction, but he looks like he's out for a gentle stroll rather than playing football. He has always been one that slows the play but this seems to becoming a notable feature. He consistently ignored Rowe in acres of space when an attack was on and either turned and gave it to Mackie or straight to the opposition. He's a good player and should be comfortable at this level but I think he's slowly turning in to a liability.

He has had a great season but The worst player for me was McCann. First touch was awful, out muscled and rarely offered any forward support as he usually does. His lack of size worries me v Ayr

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has had a great season but The worst player for me was McCann. First touch was awful, out muscled and rarely offered any forward support as he usually does. His lack of size worries me v Ayr

Agreed. I remember one instance in the first half where he intercepted a pass but took a poor touch and lost the ball. He had acres to run into and we would have had a decent position going forward. He's not been quite at it in the last 3 or 4 games but let's just hope it's a blip because he's a big asset when he's on his game.  

You have to actually have shots on target for these kind of ropey decisions to go in your favour. Falkirk mustered 2(?) shots, one of which was on target. Not going to force refs into decisions or win many penalties when you’re that toothless.