Accies vs Raith, 2/1/23…

31 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We're maybe playing at Dictionaries a wee bit, but I think you're getting towards cohesion, or effectiveness. The team we've got, to a degree, functions. We have a defence, and a midfield, and forwards. They all do their jobs well... sometimes. Very, very rarely do they all do their jobs well together. 

Taking the Suzie Dent stuff out of it, I agree with you. The forwards in particular are all basically the same archetype. Frederiksen might be different, but frankly it doesn't appear to be remotely relevant. 

I'd be really interested to hear from Ian Murray on what he thinks he needs. If you gave him two free picks, not of realistic/available players, but just if he could get two players tomorrow, what 'profile' would be want? Where does he see the biggest potential improvements? You'd have to assume one would be a big hold up striker, but I'd be intrigued what his second choice would be, and whether he'd stick with the same system or use someone different to find a whole new set up for the rest of the team to fit into. We still feel a bit square pegs and round holes with our 4-2-3-1 that has one inverted winger and basically three number 10s with nominally different starting positions. 

Aye, I'd agree with that. This team would absolutely kill for John Baird, or to a lesser degree Mark Stewart or Graham Weir. Someone who will consistently make the run in behind the full back, and play off of the percentage ball.

It bugs me thar our goal of the season is likely going to be hard to judge, because we have skillful players who can score screamers - but for me the balance of a dominant team lies in being able to overwhelm a defence such that the goal ends up being a tap in at the backpost.

We've barely any, if any at all, of those kind of finishes.

Good shot from Scott Martin, excellent back heel volley from One brilliantly saved....and that was it. Lewis Smith a bit better than usual and I'd have kept him on. Winter really poor when he came on. McGinn looks a prospect. Clutching at straws, we're dugmeat. Well done Arbroath, superb result. A part time club that can sign a QPR player. We sign shite like Michael Doyle. They actually played "Help" over the tannoy as we left. So many c***s at this club. 

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Good shot from Scott Martin, excellent back heel volley from One brilliantly saved....and that was it. Lewis Smith a bit better than usual and I'd have kept him on. Winter really poor when he came on. McGinn looks a prospect. Clutching at straws, we're dugmeat. Well done Arbroath, superb result. A part time club that can sign a QPR player. We sign shite like Michael Doyle. They actually played "Help" over the tannoy as we left. So many c***s at this club. 

Shhhhh, don’t criticise your board. They might shut you down as they attempted that shite with us. 

5 hours ago, renton said:

Someone who will consistently make the run in behind the full back, and play off of the percentage ball.

Which, coincidently, is exactly what Mitchell was doing at Bo’ness last season. This season, at Bonnyrigg, he’s playing a bit more conventionally toward the wing, but he’s fast as a thief and well able to hare after those weighted lumps forward, unlike our current crop of forwards, perhaps excluding Connolly.

A post I put to one of McGowan 's go-betweens in The Boardroom which sums up the feeling of our fanbase.

Arbroath sign three players,score 4 goals to win at Dundee.

Accies: hee-haw, Barney Mcgraw.

Haven't scored a League GOAL in two months.

One home win all season- via a penalty against 10 men who deserved a point.

Last 13 League  games: Won 1, Drew 1, Lost ELEVEN.

We are the laughing stock of Scottish Football on and off the field  and in all my years(since 1976-77 season), I have never seen the Accies support so deflated,sickened and  depressed.

It was ever better during the seven years without a home ground.That is how low the morale is among our supporters at the moment.

I have never witnessed as many people leave a game when we are ONE goal behind as today That says it all as they knew we could play till January next year and not score.

Where is Vertanen,Ngandu and Tiehi ?Has Tiehi been recalled as rumoured at the game?

Never mind SEVEN points needed to catch firstly Arbroath.That team won't even score SEVEN goals the rest of the season if not changed.

Totally scunnered com

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Which, coincidently, is exactly what Mitchell was doing at Bo’ness last season. This season, at Bonnyrigg, he’s playing a bit more conventionally toward the wing, but he’s fast as a thief and well able to hare after those weighted lumps forward, unlike our current crop of forwards, perhaps excluding Connolly.

Out of interest, do Bo'ness put up highlights?

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Not Bo’ness, I believe, but, there were several highlights available during that season…including Mitchell getting taken out by the keepers foot. Hard to find links anymore…East Shire and Spartans are the only prolific ones…

Mitchell gets a boot to the head at 1:25, #16…ends up MotM.

Lowland League Semi-Final, Mitchell in blue #9 now, goal at 5:50, but highlights very Shire heavy.

Lowland League Final, white #9 and very little to see other than positioning.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

If you were asking about knowing how Mitchell played, there are a couple of very meticulous Bo’ness fans who were quite willing to report details on matches.

Just now, TxRover said:

Not Bo’ness, I believe, but, there were several highlights available during that season…including Mitchell getting taken out by the keepers foot. Hard to find links anymore…East Shire and Spartans are the only prolific ones…

Mitchell gets a boot to the head at 1:25, #16…ends up MotM.

Lowland League Semi-Final, Mitchell in blue #9 now, goal at 5:50, but highlights very Shire heavy.

Lowland League Final, white #9 and very little to see other than positioning.

Just checking on your expertise in the matter, as such.

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Just checking on your expertise in the matter, as such.

Limited to discussion with third party fans of Bo’ness and some limited videos…never pretended otherwise, despite what some seem to think. Just like to hear things like “frightening pace” and see a video that shows the boy can surely run fast.

7 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

A post I put to one of McGowan 's go-betweens in The Boardroom which sums up the feeling of our fanbase.

Arbroath sign three players,score 4 goals to win at Dundee.

Accies: hee-haw, Barney Mcgraw.

Haven't scored a League GOAL in two months.

One home win all season- via a penalty against 10 men who deserved a point.

Last 13 League  games: Won 1, Drew 1, Lost ELEVEN.

We are the laughing stock of Scottish Football on and off the field  and in all my years(since 1976-77 season), I have never seen the Accies support so deflated,sickened and  depressed.

It was ever better during the seven years without a home ground.That is how low the morale is among our supporters at the moment.

I have never witnessed as many people leave a game when we are ONE goal behind as today That says it all as they knew we could play till January next year and not score.

Where is Vertanen,Ngandu and Tiehi ?Has Tiehi been recalled as rumoured at the game?

Never mind SEVEN points needed to catch firstly Arbroath.That team won't even score SEVEN goals the rest of the season if not changed.

Totally scunnered com

Virtanen was sitting behind me alongside two other no-shows in Redfern (who I sympathise with) and Hamilton (who I don't). No sign of Tiehi with them and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he leaves which is a shame as he's actually alright. Ngandu, I'm only surprised he hasn't already been released as he's 100% away. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Virtanen was sitting behind me alongside two other no-shows in Redfern (who I sympathise with) and Hamilton (who I don't). No sign of Tiehi with them and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he leaves which is a shame as he's actually alright. Ngandu, I'm only surprised he hasn't already been released as he's 100% away. 

Was it Teihi who scored against us in November? He did look half decent, and turned O'Riordan well for the equaliser.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Read elsewhere Virtanen has an Achilles injury so will be out for a bit. Good of the club to keep us in the loop.

Yeah I’m done with Jamie Hamilton as well now. When he reaches the lofty heights of signing for a Ross County or St Mirren in a few years I hope he’ll be proud of how he has influenced his career panning out.

Great to get a victory in the league again even if by the slenderest of margins against what looks like a doomed Accies side.

Its Rovers though, so I’m still looking at the points difference between us and 9th place.

A06F2373-22FE-4B9A-AE5E-F2143CE8B214.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I see the current go-between is "doing a McGowan" on Facebook  by threatening to ban fans and trying to create a divide between what he says are "real supporters" and the rest.

Jesus weeps again at the state of our club.

At this point, is the best possible result a flaming crash into League Two, a shakeout at the top, and then a slow rebuild? Or is there any hope of slowing/stopping the decline?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At this point, is the best possible result a flaming crash into League Two, a shakeout at the top, and then a slow rebuild? Or is there any hope of slowing/stopping the decline?

With the likes of mcgowan, a flaming crash in to non existence is highly likely. Absolute vermin (mcgowan etc, not the fans)