Hearts v Hibs

The first step to beating Hibs is to keep all 11 men on the pitch. This may be challenging as I do think we've got away with it recently (eg Cochrane against Killie).

I also thought Hibs looked tasty against Celtic for bits. However this is the most confident I've been in a while 

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

Hibees talking about diving when they have Boyle on the books and they seem to play against 10 men a lot of the time, irony.

Aye, that is quite spectacularly laughable.

Hearts have had 7 pens this year, mainly for handball, plus two the two presumably undeniable-even-to-Hibs-fans ones against Celtic. I don't think we've had a single particularly contentious decision for a penalty, have we?

4 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Aye, that is quite spectacularly laughable.

Hearts have had 7 pens this year, mainly for handball, plus two the two presumably undeniable-even-to-Hibs-fans ones against Celtic. I don't think we've had a single particularly contentious decision for a penalty, have we?

In all comps it's 9 in 27 games. 4 for handball v RFS, Motherwell, Killie and St Johnstone (a); 4 for the clearest fouls you'll see v Zurich, St Johnstone (h) and Celtic x2, and one soft one v Dundee United last weekend. None were as soft as the second one given against us the other night.

Mentioning this will definitely jinx him, but it's nice to have someone who reliably slots them away for the first time since Hartley. We'd have missed at least 3 or 4 of those in recent seasons and it would've cost us points.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

In all comps it's 9 in 27 games. 4 for handball v RFS, Motherwell, Killie and St Johnstone (a); 4 for the clearest fouls you'll see v Zurich, St Johnstone (h) and Celtic x2, and one soft one v Dundee United last weekend. None were as soft as the second one given against us the other night.

Mentioning this will definitely jinx him, but it's nice to have someone who reliably slots them away for the first time since Hartley. We'd have missed at least 3 or 4 of those in recent seasons and it would've cost us points.

Man, this is a spectacularly boring post, even for a jamboid fud..........😂

14 hours ago, Empty It said:

Was Holt not already shown his red before Porteous started his hard man act?

Judging by the way Porto shit his pants when Snow White’s grumpy pal approached him, I would say there was only one player “acting” hard that day.

The only thing I'm concerned about here is the "dark arts" that the Hearts players will be trying. You know what I mean, surrounding the ref, going down easy, being "clever" if you like. Its the only thing that could level the playing field. Man for man, you'd struggle to find a Hearts player who would make it into our team, but that doesn't mean we can just waltz down there and collect 3 points.  We've seen before its the biggest game of the season for them while its just another game for us, so we need to show a bit of that enthusiasm if its going to be as simple a 3 points for us as most people are expecting.

20 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

I am hoping for a 90th minute Porto dive to win a penalty. Hibs 1-0 and headsgone on this thread. 

He's over the points threshold and suspended, so the only place he would be diving is from the "upper tier" of the roseburn stand to celebrate.

The build up to a run of the mill derby is always the same. If we are a bit better than Hibs (which is usually the case over the years), you start to get a bit confident. The issue seems to come when we are a lot better than them. That is when I worry that a shock could be on the cards. At the moment we are better than them player for player over every position except goalkeeper in my opinion. Despite coming out of our injury plagued European two fixtures a week early phase of the season in fourth or fifth place, we have now got back to where we would have expected, had we not had those exertions and fixtures. We are not so far ahead in third, nor in front of Hibs that we will be overconfident though. So that is a good thing for my own superstitions.

I know it irritates some Hibs fans, but Craig Levein was not wrong when he casually described beating Hibs as the natural order of his times at the club. Since the mid eighties it has been that way. Hibs have their flourishes when they have a decent team, like when they had McGinn, McGeouch and Allan in midfield, and they have a bit of a mini run over us, but we always just seem to end those and then go on longer ones ourselves. Currently, I think this one is us as favourites, because we are the home team and we have better players. Could easily still lose it though, if we do not stand up to the fight that Hibs will try to make it early doors. 

Need Clancy to see through their cheating though, and not let them get our players sent off. Hibs do quite well against ten men.

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Man, this is a spectacularly boring post, even for a jamboid fud..........😂

Sorry you didn't find it entertaining when I shat on your argument in a single paragraph, but let me help you out on your terminology here.

Boring fud: someone who posts on every other Hearts thread to bring us the most pathetic grievances he can muster, from counting up the relative number of penalty awards in the Scottish Premiership to complaining about Robbie Neilson overstating the capacity of Tynecastle by 200 seats. Basically the human embodiment of Hibs.net.

Everyone else on this thread talking about watching out for the other team's antics was having a laugh btw.

42 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Sorry you didn't find it entertaining when I shat on your argument in a single paragraph, but let me help you out on your terminology here.

Boring fud: someone who posts on every other Hearts thread to bring us the most pathetic grievances he can muster, from counting up the relative number of penalty awards in the Scottish Premiership to complaining about Robbie Neilson overstating the capacity of Tynecastle by 200 seats. Basically the human embodiment of Hibs.net.

Everyone else on this thread talking about watching out for the other team's antics was having a laugh btw.

DC92 going for the most tedious post twice in one page.............and promising he is not being triggered at all - minterrific stuff 🤭

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX