Insecurity FC v The Champions (2nd January 2023)

Both are stonewall pens imo. Starfelt makes a ridiculous decision to slide in and the result is Sakala loses his footing. Sakala doesn’t deliberately stand on Starfelt which would be impossible at that speed so he’s fouled.

The Goldson one is what we have seen all season which is an inability to be consistent with decision making. It’s a nonsense decision.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Both are stonewall pens imo. Starfelt makes a ridiculous decision to slide in and the result is Sakala loses his footing. Sakala doesn’t deliberately stand on Starfelt which would be impossible at that speed so he’s fouled.

The Goldson one is what we have seen all season which is an inability to be consistent with decision making. It’s a nonsense decision.

Meanwhile chez Jinky...

hqdefault.jpg

That's right my wee Henrika, if celtic don't win a game then it's the referees fault.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Meanwhile chez Jinky...

hqdefault.jpg

That's right my wee Henrika, if celtic don't win a game then it's the referees fault.

It’s the palpable hurt from you after your team don’t win a game that I find amusing. 

:lol: <~~~~~~ see? 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Mental that people are claiming that the Starfelt/Sakala incident was anything but a stonewaller. The Goldson handball is also a pen for me.

Agree  Sakala incident is a penalty but wouldn’t personally call it a ‘stonewaller’ given its a relatively unique situation.

As for the Goldson incident I don’t blame Beaton at all for missing it in real time but Collum is a moron and thought to  be one one by most players, managers and fans alike for about 2 decades now. He needs binned to the seaside leagues. 

When its explained as eloquently as in this snippet,  you have to wonder if the celtic fans do have a point.

It's a New Year, but same old Cheating

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:12 pm

I don’t think any Celtic supporter was expecting a straight forward football match on Monday afternoon. I certainly believed that with the match officials appointed, it was an absolute certainty that there would be contentious decisions, and we would be on the wrong end of those decisions, I doubt any Bookie in the country would have given you odds on anything different happening.

I’ve said right from the introduction of VAR that it could only succeed with honest people operating the system, I think inside the refereeing fraternity in Scotland there is a distinct lack of honesty. Once the officials were announced you knew we were up against it, John Beaton needs no introduction to the Celtic Support, the same can be said of Willie Collum, I know the reason behind Beaton’s decision making, but Collum is a strange one, I suppose the easy explanation is career advancement, if you don’t toe the party line, you don’t get the big games, and thus the big money.

Of course these pair of “CHEATS” have bosses, step forward Ian Maxwell and Crawford Allan, can you remember them standing beside you on the Jungle at the old Celtic Park, No? well, I’m exactly the same, I’m pretty sure they would be flying their scarf at a different ground, one in Govan. The very fact that they appointed Beaton as match official says it all, it’s like saying, we’re in charge, and there is nothing you can do about it, I’m pretty certain Michael Nicholson will have been on the phone this morning telling them something different.

The two major talking points were the penalty awarded against us, and the one denied to us. I thought at first Starfelt had mistimed his tackle, but on seeing a replay, I think Sakala kicks Starfelt, so no penalty. The Goldson handball looked a stonewall penalty, but not given. You have to ask, why didn’t Collum tell Beaton to go to the monitor on both occasions? Just exactly what are the rules? We have been asking for many years, for match officials to come out and explain contentious decisions, why do they stubbornly refuse? The essence of any Refereeing Department should be Transparency, Honesty, and Accountability, we have none of those in Scotland.

I’ve been of the opinion since they reduced our allocation that we should have said that’s not acceptable, I get there are some supporters who think different, let me tell you this, it’s not a nice experience, it’s bearable if you win, but the whole experience in general is definitely poisonous, and nowhere near as wholesome as the atmosphere at Celtic Park.

On 02/01/2023 at 18:26, bennett said:

It's a conspiracy to stop celtic winning games.

20 hours ago, bennett said:

Here we go again...

55 minutes ago, bennett said:

celtic never won a game so this rumble on and on for the next few weeks. 

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

if celtic don't win a game then it's the referees fault.

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

When its explained as eloquently as in this snippet,  you have to wonder if the celtic fans do have a point

The absolute state of this c**t, have a day off.

I genuinely think people over the age of 50 don't understand what a foul is. They have their version of the laws in their head from generations ago and that's how they see the game.

Every week at every ground around the country you'll hear some seething old goon going on about how "he won the baw" and "it's his first tackle of the game" (and therefor it can't possibly be a booking). 

2 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I genuinely think people over the age of 50 don't understand what a foul is. They have their version of the laws in their head from generations ago and that's how they see the game.

Every week at every ground around the country you'll hear some seething old goon going on about how "he won the baw" and "it's his first tackle of the game" (and therefor it can't possibly be a booking). 

Conversely, you have younger people who wrongly think that every instance of contact equates to a foul. Often, players fall over when an opponent arrives in the same postcode, with little or no contact made, such as a tap on the back or shoulder, yet our inept officials fall for it time and time again.

Football is a contact sport and while I understand that the modern day interpretation of the rules is designed to protect skilful players and encourage attacking, inventive play, it has the opposite effect, with players throwing themselves to the ground as if shot when somebody brushes past them.

It is possible to eradicate the sort of leg-breaker of a tackle that was allowed 50 years ago without going too far in the opposite direction and over-sanitising the game by making it contact-free. 

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have been watching football for over 60 years.

This is quite a Da response Joey tbh.

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Sakala makes contact with Starfelt.

I get why you think its not a penalty but perhaps looking at it a bit too simplistically. Starfelt has dived in and missed the ball completely and now has no control really of where he is going and slides past where the player is attempting to put his foot. Its something that doesn’t really happen much however and there is a degree of subjectiveness to it.

22 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

"How is that not a red? He was the last man!" 

4 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Conversely, you have younger people who wrongly think that every instance of contact equates to a foul. Often, players fall over when an opponent arrives in the same postcode, with little or no contact made, such as a tap on the back or shoulder, yet our inept officials fall for it time and time again.

Football is a contact sport and while I understand that the modern day interpretation of the rules is designed to protect skilful players and encourage attacking, inventive play, it has the opposite effect, with players throwing themselves to the ground as if shot when somebody brushes past them.

It is possible to eradicate the sort of leg-breaker of a tackle that was allowed 50 years ago without going too far in the opposite direction and over-sanitising the game by making it contact-free. 

That's all fair enough but I personally prefer the version of the game where the likes of Marco Van Basten don't have to retire at 27.

They are working towards this. The World Cup and the last season and a half of The Barclays (except minimal contact divers Arsenal) is proof of it.