Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

27 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

This is a bit of a piss take. I know plenty fans (myself included) who felt it was an insult to ask us to queue outside in the pissing rain for 30 mins to get the voucher, and so didn't. Dumbarton should be operating an honest jar policy for the rearranged fixture. That would be common sense.

Setting aside what’s fair and what’s not,  the club genuinely doesn’t have a pot to piss in. They’re quite simply not going to host an event where hundreds of punters get to pay what they want. 

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

Screenshot_20230412-122225.thumb.jpg.ea075352434ec44932684b10874340ed.jpg

I think we're just hoping everyone has just forgot about all the issues last night from reading that

Unless we can clinch the title there next week, I won't be bothering to make this trip. Three times now I've been on a supporters bus for a game that's still not been played, they can ram it. 

36 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Unless we can clinch the title there next week, I won't be bothering to make this trip. Three times now I've been on a supporters bus for a game that's still not been played, they can ram it. 

Have you tried having a right good greet about it?

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

There’s not a sons fan that’s not pissed off with the situation, Our pitch and our groundsman will undoubtably bear the brunt of the anger.

that being said, some of the Stirling fans have proper lost the plot. Points deductions, police investigations, homophobic abuse to name just a few of the bonkers comments we are all waking up to this morning!

Didn't you know mate?  Getting hysterical and running screaming to the press and the polis is the new normal at Stirling.  They have great ideas too, like a boycott that  could leave our  players battling for a league title with a no show support.  It's like having a whole batch of Marjorie Taylor Greenes at your back.

Unfortunately the worst of people often seem to have the loudest voices.

Every club has their fair share of nutters and they seem to often reside on Facebook and twitter.

I don't judge any club on the worst of their support.

With the weather currently looking fine, I'm wondering what freak event is coming this time.

Localised tornado?

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Every club has their fair share of nutters and they seem to often reside on Facebook and twitter.

With the weather currently looking fine, I'm wondering what freak event is coming this time.

Localised tornado?

Tidal wave

4 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Localised tornado?

I'll have a tenner on the stadium being struck by lightning, knocking out the power.

34 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Localised tornado?

its-aliens-meme.jpeg

Edited by BallochSonsFan

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Didn't @Jan Vojáčeksay Maclean is out for 6 weeks? Or are we getting our Macleans/Mcleans confused?

He is 4-6 weeks apparently. Gemms' career is also over unfortunately, he won't play again because of his injury. I believe Thommo may be pulling a few pissers here.

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He is 4-6 weeks apparently. Gemms' career is also over unfortunately, he won't play again because of his injury. I believe Thommo may be pulling a few pissers here.

FFs I'm too trusting, keep getting taken in :(

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

Localised tornado?

Pitch scorched - too dry and hard to play on.

Although I do like ‘tidal wave’ as an alternative.

15 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I think the biggest relief about the whole situation is that it's Stirling Albion we've been playing. Imagine if this had happened to Elgin (when most of their players are based up there) or even someone like Forfar, Stranraer or Annan who have a fair few local players.

That's why something has to be done longer term to sort the pitch. We could have Buckie and Peterhead in our league next season. It would be horrific having them travelling down only for a call-off with an hour or so until kick off.

Once or even twice a season is understandable. But that's six call offs we've had? Four against Stirling, and one each against Stenny and Forfar.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think the biggest relief about the whole situation is that it's Stirling Albion we've been playing. Imagine if this had happened to Elgin (when most of their players are based up there) or even someone like Forfar, Stranraer or Annan who have a fair few local players.

That's why something has to be done longer term to sort the pitch. We could have Buckie and Peterhead in our league next season. It would be horrific having them travelling down only for a call-off with an hour or so until kick off.

Once or even twice a season is understandable. But that's six call offs we've had? Four against Stirling, and one each against Stenny and Forfar.

You need to astro it