Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

You need to astro it 

I've seen this posted a fair bit from our own fans. And I'm sure we would if there was a spare £500k or so kicking around. After this season's shambles it's something we'd do over the summer.

But we had to use our managers' fund (which supporters pay into) to add two players to our squad in January - without whom we wouldn't be able to field a team. So I'm not thinking there's £500 kicking around, let alone half a million.

You might think DFC are a shambles because of the pitch. But that doesn't even scratch the surface. Truth be told it's a bit of a miracle there's still a competitive football club there - clicky.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

2 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Unfortunately the worst of people often seem to have the loudest voices.

Every club has their fair share of nutters and they seem to often reside on Facebook and twitter.

I don't judge any club on the worst of their support.

With the weather currently looking fine, I'm wondering what freak event is coming this time.

Localised tornado?

Isn't the rock an extinct volcano...?

9 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

It's a shame Dungfarton can't take some of the dung from their name and use it to fertilise their pitch! The place is an absolute midden!

#amarite

Shouldn't you be out selling the Big Issue?

Edited by WC Boggs
add

2 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Your name essentially equates to 'Toilet Toilet'. Fitting, really, as that's where you patter belongs. 

If you use the phrase "dungfarton" then you have no right to slag other people's patter.

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

I do like to shit on the homeless slagging somebody else's hoose.

I'll just leave this to hang like the stale fart it is.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

If you use the phrase "dungfarton" then you have no right to slag other people's patter.

Mate, come back to me once you've been christened 'The Banter Decanter' amongst your peers.

43 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I'll just leave this to hang like the stale fart it is.

Mate, come back to me once you've been christened 'The Banter Decanter' amongst your peers.

Coming from a man who uses Barry Ferguson in his name that's hilarious.  There's an immediate two word association with that name, bankrupt and fud.   You really did take the Sons knocking you out of the cup hard.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've seen this posted a fair bit from our own fans. And I'm sure we would if there was a spare £500k or so kicking around. After this season's shambles it's something we'd do over the summer.

But we had to use our managers' fund (which supporters pay into) to add two players to our squad in January - without whom we wouldn't be able to field a team. So I'm not thinking there's £500 kicking around, let alone half a million.

You might think DFC are a shambles because of the pitch. But that doesn't even scratch the surface. Truth be told it's a bit of a miracle there's still a competitive football club there - clicky.

https://www.glsed.co.uk/blog/smart-finance/how-to-gain-revenue-from-an-artificial-sports-pitch

Helpful article,  although English 

There must be funding options north of the border

1 minute ago, Binos said:

https://www.glsed.co.uk/blog/smart-finance/how-to-gain-revenue-from-an-artificial-sports-pitch

Helpful article,  although English 

There must be funding options north of the border

There are a few issues there. Starting with our ownership model. Our owners want to bulldoze the stadium. So it would be difficult to get a grant on a site that, if the owners get their way, won't be there in five years.

Now. A stadium move is fantasy of course. Everyone knows that. But if sportscotland were to allocate funding and had a load of grant applications to pick from, then I don't think there's a hope in hell of us getting one.

West Dunbartonshire Council are skint and have a major budget gap. They've just agreed to relay the (knackered) community astro at Dumbarton East Station at a cost of £300k, and there are other Astros at all three local schools and Argyll Park in Alexandria. So I don't see them being able to find it either. Especially for a private facility.

I've no doubt that there might be grants available for a percentage of the cost if we agreed to a community package.  But we're coming from a base of nothing here. The club has no funds. The club has owners who have not put a single penny in, and replaced owners who had also not put a single penny in.

I think we missed the boat when it came to Astros a decade or so ago, when there were more funding packages available and the economy nationally wasn't in such a dire state. I don't particularly like them, but I think they make a lot of sense for clubs like us. And it would be a good way of getting more kids involved. It's council owned (I think?) but I look at Clydebank's Holm Park fairly enviously these days.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

There are a few issues there. Starting with our ownership model. Our owners want to bulldoze the stadium. So it would be difficult to get a grant on a site that, if the owners get their way, won't be there in five years.

Now. A stadium move is fantasy of course. Everyone knows that. But if sportscotland were to allocate funding and had a load of grant applications to pick from, then I don't think there's a hope in hell of us getting one.

West Dunbartonshire Council are skint and have a major budget gap. They've just agreed to relay the (knackered) community astro at Dumbarton East Station at a cost of £300k, and there are other Astros at all three local schools and Argyll Park in Alexandria. So I don't see them being able to find it either. Especially for a private facility.

I've no doubt that there might be grants available for a percentage of the cost if we agreed to a community package.  But we're coming from a base of nothing here. The club has no funds. The club has owners who have not put a single penny in, and replaced owners who had also not put a single penny in.

I think we missed the boat when it came to Astros a decade or so ago, when there were more funding packages available and the economy nationally wasn't in such a dire state. I don't particularly like them, but I think they make a lot of sense for clubs like us. And it would be a good way of getting more kids involved. It's council owned (I think?) but I look at Clydebank's Holm Park fairly enviously these days.

There's only one way to find out 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/scottish-fa-grassroots-pitch-facilities-fund/

7 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Unless we can clinch the title there next week, I won't be bothering to make this trip. Three times now I've been on a supporters bus for a game that's still not been played, they can ram it. 

My feelings too Stewart’s. Although I vowed last night I’d never return there, it would be sweet to turn them over.