Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

Just now, jsavage said:

Apart from that, really enjoyed the commentary. Knowledgeable, professional yet still the air of fans with microphones

I agree, it was good. Just bizarre that the most obvious important potential outcome was staring them in the face. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I thought that was weak as piss from us. Last chance saloon and some guys looked like they couldn't be arsed. Orsi the only guy who seemed to be playing like a title was on the line. Season over for us now. 

Sums up Farrell. Has to go for a win; happy with a draw (Edinburgh City, but not as bad). Loser mentality.

My takeaways:

- The ref gave a lot of soft fouls and the one blatantly obvious one (McNiff's handball for a penalty) he doesn't give.
- McLean has to score that header (the second one).
- We look knackered. Will be ever be fresh? How are we going to cope with the playoffs? Just can't see it.
- Despite looking knackered, there was no urgency to get the win. Looked like proper end-of-season stuff from us.

How quickly into Farrell's post-match will we hear "if you'd asked every Dumbarton fan pre-season, they'd have bitten your hand off for second place"?

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not entirely sure what your issue was? Bar the stream crashing for everyone for 20 odd mins of the first half it worked fine. To get a stream you’d have to pay for it.

Surprised at those fairly muted celebrations from Stirling there, it’s not mathematically sealed but come on.

They were extremely quiet all night. I assume there was a few hundred of them through? 

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

They were extremely quiet all night. I assume there was a few hundred of them through? 

The stream audio seemed to have a compressor on it which meant when the crowd got louder the stream got quieter, which killed the vibe a bit.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not entirely sure what your issue was? Bar the stream crashing for everyone for 20 odd mins of the first half it worked fine. To get a stream you’d have to pay for it.

Surprised at those fairly muted celebrations from Stirling there, it’s not mathematically sealed but come on.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really odd. Could understand Young telling the players not to celebrate, but weird for the fans not to be giving it yaldi.

1 minute ago, Sawkye said:

As a season ticket holder we use to get games. So lve missed out .so simple. There's the issue 

Aye, during covid. The club isn’t even allowed to stream games to viewers in the UK anymore unless it’s midweek, it’s not their fault you bought a season ticket and couldn’t attend a game.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Petty things that get on my nerves, but folk confusing mathemics with arithmetic. 

Do they not teach English at school these days? 

Thanks for being that guy, so it didn't have to be me!

ETA I managed to get that in before you could correct the typo! Superb irony! 😜

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

As a season ticket holder we use to get games. So lve missed out .so simple. There's the issue 

That was during Covid and hasn’t been a thing for ages. you bought a season ticket but couldn’t attend is hardly the clubs fault. The club has a lot to answer for, but you being away on your jolly’s therefore missing a game is hardly one of them.