Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Looked Like a penalty to me.

Almost there.

They really gave it everything. Dumbarton seemed happy with a draw and couldn't understand why.

Gotta love the traffic getting out this place.

You didn't pay the three pounds? 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Parking was actually free this evening.

Indeed and it was chocker as a result. Thankfully I wisely parked elsewhere as it would take all night getting out of the club carpark.

The 2nd half wasn't quite as good a quality as the first, though both keepers were tested multiple times. Dumbarton fan favourite Gregg Wylde had 4 involvements in the 2nd half; 2 misplaced passes, a dribble which ended in a misplaced pass and a corner which he shanked straight out for a GK. He was subbed for Ally Love around the 70 minute mark and though Love was only on the pitch 20 minutes and didn't make much contribution, he harried, covered defensively and punted the ball forward to the strikers multiple times, which is far more than Wylde achieved in 70 minutes. Not only does he use the ball poorly when he gets a rare touch, but he doesn't even go looking for it. Heart of a mouse as I've said time and again. Hopefully not one of those being offered a new deal.

The game fell a bit flat towards the end with both sides looking knackered. Referee seemed to lose the plot for 5 or 10 minutes midway through the 2nd period and made some questionable calls. Fairly muted from the decent sized Albion support, which was odd given the chances of us overtaking them are about as likely as me pumping Margot Robbie.

We looked knackered towards the end and I imagine we'll be taking the "easy does it" approach to the next 3 matches to avoid injuries before the playoffs.

Kalvin Orsi or Peter Grant probably my man of the match. Really hope we offer Grant a deal for next season as he's unflappable, vocal with the others and has a great knack of being in the right place when he has to be.

When you're in the last chance saloon(we weren't really, it was over weeks ago) and choose to shoot away from the low sun, why didn't we launch balls at the Stirling defence and goalie and try to capitalise on them struggling to see the ball in the first half hour? It was difficult trying to see in the stand so must've been worse on the pitch.

Barring a complete Stirling collapse I agree it's over.  Dumbarton had to win that one and I wasn't getting the vodka out until they didn't. 

Just get your act together and join us upstairs. You gave us a real contest nobody else did. and we might need the rest the next time the pitch jacks it.  The very best of luck to you.

I'd rather be a Dumbarton fan next season as we chase a title with a record points total as opposed to a Stirling fan watching their team get relegated. Winning games aye, but usually struggling to win them in the league below. If the squad remains the same, they will get found out next season. Just my opinion.

Mon the Sons 

So nice of Dumbarton to basically hand us the title after their first half display. Time wasting at 0-0, when yous need to win 😂 obviously Farrell realised that maybe that shouldn’t have been the game plan, which kicked yous into gear a bit. But not enough to get past the best centre half in the league. A stroll in the park for super Paul McLean tonight.

Genuinely felt like Farrell was more concerned about losing the league tonight, rather than trying to win the game. What a diddy. 

11 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

We looked knackered towards the end and I imagine we'll be taking the "easy does it" approach to the next 3 matches to avoid injuries before the playoffs.

It'll be an achievement if we can pull that off. Especially since we can't really change the starting 11 much to rest guys. All I ask this year is that we don't lose it in the first-leg of the semi, which I'd suspect is exactly what Farrell will be thinking, too.

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

I'd rather be a Dumbarton fan next season as we chase a title with a record points total as opposed to a Stirling fan watching their team get relegated. Winning games aye, but usually struggling to win them in the league below. If the squad remains the same, they will get found out next season. Just my opinion.

Mon the Sons 

Enjoy League 2 freak show. 

3 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Mon the Sons 

Best of luck with that loser 

1 minute ago, DCismyhero said:

So nice of Dumbarton to basically hand us the title after their first half display. Time wasting at 0-0, when yous need to win 😂 obviously Farrell realised that maybe that shouldn’t have been the game plan, which kicked yous into gear a bit. But not enough to get past the best centre half in the league. A stroll in the park for super Paul McLean tonight.

Genuinely felt like Farrell was more concerned about losing the league tonight, rather than trying to win the game. What a diddy. 

I was surprised McLean stayed on after his first booking, particularly when he pulled Byrne back when he was furthest up and otherwise clean through, but the ref bafflingly didn't blow for a foul when he blew for loads of others.

2 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

That was nothing. You should've seen the second leg of last year's playoff. 4-1 down from the first leg and we played like we were defending a one goal lead, but without the effort. More like defending a one goal lead in a totally meaningless end-of-season game.

5 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Mon the Sons 

Some folk thought that when we went down from the Championship and look where we are now. Most also probably thought Edinburgh City would be cannon fodder in L1 and they've comfortably stayed up. I get your point, but I'd take being another league away from the Lowland League.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That was nothing. You should've seen the second leg of last year's playoff. 4-1 down from the first leg and we played like we were defending a one goal lead, but without the effort. More like defending a one goal lead in a totally meaningless end-of-season game.

That Edinburgh City game was a disgrace.

8 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Mon the Sons 

That comes across a wee bit like sour grapes mate