Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

All joking aside I'm disappointed that there has been no statement from the club apologising for the avoidable inconvenience and out of pocket expense which a lot of people experienced yesterday. 

In the circumstances radio silence is a very poor look indeed.

As I said last night, the club were liking comments on the facebook which blamed the ref and said there was little the club could do. They're tone fucking deaf.

Another aspect not yet being considered here is that we've done our best to piss off and motivate our closest rivals at a crunch time in the season. Pissing folk about like that is only going to fire them up.

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Highly unlikely. They have Forfar at home on the Tuesday before and Elgin at home the Tuesday after.

The 28th is free. They play Elgin on the 4th of April. So it's the 28th or the 11th of April or later.

3 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Highly unlikely. They have Forfar at home on the Tuesday before and Elgin at home the Tuesday after.

This is false. There is no game scheduled for the 28th. However, this is the date of Scotland vs. Spain - so doubt it’ll be re-scheduled for then. 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Albion have put out a statement saying they'll be writing to the SPFL about it.

I'm not wholly sure what the point of that is, other than for the SPFL to tell us to get our act together. But it doesn't reflect particularly well that they've put a statement out before we have. A simple few paragraphs apologising and explaining the sequence of events last night, and everyone would've moved on.

Albion’s statement reads like a bit of a box-ticker to make clear they’re in no way culpable for last night’s cock-up. Which is fair enough, as the fault lies entirely with the absolute clowns charged with running our club. 

29 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Albion’s statement reads like a bit of a box-ticker to make clear they’re in no way culpable for last night’s cock-up. Which is fair enough, as the fault lies entirely with the absolute clowns charged with running our club. 

The Stirling statement is accurate and to the point.  But above all it actually exists.  Meanwhile down the Castle Road....

Tumbleweed.webp

Still absolutely hee haw from the club in terms of a statement but they have taken my suggestion on board and reduced entry to a tenner for the rearranged fixture. At least it’s something but it doesn’t come close to covering the expenses of those who travelled. I’d still like an official apology and a statement explaining why we’ve allowed this to happen twice now and what we’re going to do to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Outwith the supporters it would be nice to offer an official apology to Stirling Albion FC as well, it can’t be cheap oragnising travel for a squad of players and all their staff.

Oh wait, they actually have apologised on the Facebook post. No idea why they haven’t done that on Twitter.

Also looks like they’ve edited the original FB post announcing the game was off to add an apology. I’m sure it wasn’t like that at the time?

Edited by FifeSons

Next Tuesday it is. Fair play to Dumbarton for reducing the entry. the weather forecast still isn’t looking great into next week.

If any of the decision makers at Dumbarton are looking at this thread, goan just call the game off in the afternoon if it’s doubtful so I don’t have to find out the games off in the Stags Head again 😂

Edited by Snoddyisabino

They really don't get why people are angry. They just think folk are annoyed a game of football was called off, rather than being annoyed at the terrible handling of it. Lower entry is the bare minimum I expected after Tuesdays shambles, I had hoped that an explanation, apology and solution for going forward would be forthcoming but I'll admit it was a feint hope. 

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Still absolutely hee haw from the club in terms of a statement but they have taken my suggestion on board and reduced entry to a tenner for the rearranged fixture. At least it’s something but it doesn’t come close to covering the expenses of those who travelled. I’d still like an official apology and a statement explaining why we’ve allowed this to happen twice now and what we’re going to do to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Outwith the supporters it would be nice to offer an official apology to Stirling Albion FC as well, it can’t be cheap oragnising travel for a squad of players and all their staff.

If you mean the match taking place then the short answer to your question is that if there is any sort of firm to hard frost then the game is fucked because no matter how bright and sunny a day it is, the infamous strip of doom will do for it.  And before anyone mentions the covers apparently they are 'damaged'.  If though you mean having the sense to call an early inspection, well, now, that's erm...let me get back to you.  

9 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

If you mean the match taking place then the short answer to your question is that if there is any sort of firm to hard frost then the game is fucked because no matter how bright and sunny a day it is, the infamous strip of doom will do for it.  And before anyone mentions the covers apparently they are 'damaged'.  If though you mean having the sense to call an early inspection, well, now, that's erm...let me get back to you.  

I mean organising an inspection at a reasonable time.

I  get it that on both occasions Dumbarton FC really wanted to get this game played and out of the way. I get it that they wanted to give the sun every chance to have an effect and get the game on.  There has to be a realistic understanding of where the desire to get the game on. has to be balanced with a feasible time limit for the sun to achieve that though.

Crossing your fingers and leaving it to the ref on arrival, then wanting him to cop the blame for a call off is not on.  The ref's area of responsibility is to ensure the pitch is fully playable on arrival, end of. 

Dumbarton FC's responsibility is to travelling fans of both clubs.  They failed in that responsibility to both groups of fans twice and embarrassed their own fans to boot.  What's done can't be undone, but silence is failing all fans again.  None of them deserve that, so man up officials and apologise all round.

On 08/03/2023 at 18:28, BinoBalls said:

I’m guessing the fact there was also a (perceived) poorly communicated late postponement the previous time hasn’t helped our board’s patience. 

Hopefully Dumbarton get a proper system in place to have someone competent check the turf well before kick off in future, and that’ll be in the end of it without this escalating into a comedy feud between the clubs. 

A person, with eyes,  attending some time before 20 past 6

Would be a positive step