Ayr United v Hamilton

Big game this for us with having a couple of weeks off and needing to get back on track, going to be massively boosted by the return of Alex Kirk meaning we'll have a proper centre back pairing for what seems like the first time in about 6 weeks. 

Do have a slight worry that with this bonkers league Hamilton are due a freak result (alas Arbroath yesterday) but i hope that's not the case.

With the news Kirk is back i'd imagine McAllister will slot into RB as i can't see Bully dropping McAllister for Hewitt straightaway but who knows, would say the RB position will probably only be the only position up for debate now for the weekend all being well. In saying that there may be an argument for Ecrepont coming in at LB as Reading has been average at best for a while now but not sure.

Albinson 

McAllister/Hewitt? Kirk McGinty Reading/Ecrepont?

Mullin Murdoch Dempsey Chalmers

McKenzie Akinyemi    

Hope Ayr aren't opening a big section for away fans on Saturday as except for the HAFWSO bus contingent & the few (fool)hardy souls who go to every game I don't see the away support breaking much more than 70

Ayr should be beating us comfortably at home, we are playing aimless tactic devoid football that offers no threat going forward whilst simultaneously offering up at least 1 easy goalscoring chance to the opposition hence why we've lost so many games.

The Accies support are depressed/scunnered/pissed off & unless there are major changes in player effort, tactics & significant outgoing/incoming on the squad front then we'll be down by mid-Feb.

Seriously think we could go rest of the season & not win another league game - we are THAT bad.

Not decided if I can be arsed going to this game as there's nae trains to/from Ayr this weekend & means an X77 would be required.

Probably decide on Saturday morning TBH

The goalie, midfield and attack pick themselves for us. It's as rb123 indicated.

In defence, I'd go with:

Hewitt Kirk McGinty Eccrepont

Bullen will go with (and he may well be right!):

McAllister Kirk McGinty Reading

Admittedly, it might be a bit soon to launch Hewitt in at right back. It sounds like at Peterhead, he played every position bar right back.

Reading also needs a rest, he looks devoid of any confidence. I think Finn has earnt a shot at left back given his performances at right back.

Edit - I'm assuming this match comes too soon for Houston to start. However, he could feature off the bench.

Edited by Trogdor

Ayr away is normally a good away day: we have plenty friends in their support and some good Pubs, but the prospect of another sickening defeat for "the easybeats" while shelling out another load of cash doesn't look appealing.

The Accies support have seen many terrible days among them being seven seasons without a ground, but this feels worse as the stuffing has been truly knocked out of everyone.

We are the boxer who has been knocked down too many times, but this time we can't get up.What a mess these clowns are making of our club:65% loss in our match attending home fans, two months without a League goal and on a par with the worst ever Accies team of 1970.

If Ecrepont can't get a start in his favoured left back position at home to struglers Hamilton then when exactly does he get his chance ? 

Great news that big Kirk is back , we really to win this game well and put a marker down that our wobble is behind us . We got some breaks at the weekend without kicking a ball , that won't happen too often . Need to start racking up the wins again .

Kirk being back is a major boost for us. Improves our defence and he offers something at set pieces and corners.

We should be winning against Hamilton given their recent form and the league standings but recent performances cause a slight concern.

However both teams seem to have agreed that having either very narrow wins or draws is the way to go. Every game I recall against Hamilton recently has by and large been a closely matched one. Suprised that Hamilton's form has collapsed so drastically since our televised 3-2 win away to them. I thought they looked decent going forward but their defence was terrible.

Be nice if Ayr get a comfortable win for a good start to 2023.

We are worse than shite and Ayr will win this comfortably. Our defence is abysmal and we have not scored for some time now. This mob of charlatans have won 2 games from last 19 in league

Fans are pissed off, manager is clueless, board members dont give a flying f**k about the team, and we are on a one way ticket to seaside leagues and oblivion

1 hour ago, smc4761 said:

We are worse than shite and Ayr will win this comfortably. Our defence is abysmal and we have not scored for some time now. This mob of charlatans have won 2 games from last 19 in league

Fans are pissed off, manager is clueless, board members dont give a flying f**k about the team, and we are on a one way ticket to seaside leagues and oblivion

Aye but ye play ayr united on Saturday mate 

59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hamilton have shown up well against us this year so it won't be an easy game. 

This league is crazy and I very much doubt there is such a thing as an easy game in the Championship. The fact we've beaten QP twice (one of them by 5-0) and they're sitting top of the pile is just one example. Arbroath beating Dundee at Dens is another (no disrespect to the Smokies who I know are a decent side). So I fully expect a tough game on Saturday, nothing else. 

15 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

This league is crazy and I very much doubt there is such a thing as an easy game in the Championship. The fact we've beaten QP twice (one of them by 5-0) and they're sitting top of the pile is just one example. Arbroath beating Dundee at Dens is another (no disrespect to the Smokies who I know are a decent side). So I fully expect a tough game on Saturday, nothing else. 

You will be surprised. Assuming Accies don't bring anyone in before then I can't see anything but a 3 goal + win for Ayr. Even Rankin admitted we can't defend and can't score goals - not a great combination.

Accies board member still saying we are only bottom to bad luck and bad refereeing decisions and not because we are awful

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

You will be surprised. Assuming Accies don't bring anyone in before then I can't see anything but a 3 goal + win for Ayr. Even Rankin admitted we can't defend and can't score goals - not a great combination.

Accies board member still saying we are only bottom to bad luck and bad refereeing decisions and not because we are awful

Blaming referees is pathetic.