Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 8/1/23

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think I am. I'm just pulling up MR for a sensationalist misrepresentation of what was said. It's like something Kenny McIntyre would say.

Preston said TWICE that Hearts play a different system to Aberdeen and that Duk wouldn't fit in as well. Do we play him wide instead of our current options? I don't think so. Even Aberdeen fans were recently criticising Goodwin's decision to play him there, so why would we alter a relatively prolific attack to play him out of his best position?

MR is just looking for controversy where there was none. Some players fit some teams better. Duk is a good player, clearly, but Hearts have no need for him.

And Preston certainly never said 'Duk isn't good enough for Hearts'.

Hes better than Ginnelly. 

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think I am. I'm just pulling up MR for a sensationalist misrepresentation of what was said. It's like something Kenny McIntyre would say.

This thread went all Old Firm Twitter for a few minutes.

1. Someone posts something inaccurate and misleading.

2. Others fans pile in and say how disgraceful it is. 😀

Preston said TWICE that Hearts play a different system to Aberdeen and that Duk wouldn't fit in as well. Do we play him wide instead of our current options? I don't think so. Even Aberdeen fans were recently criticising Goodwin's decision to play him there, so why would we alter a relatively prolific attack to play him out of his best position?

MR is just looking for controversy where there was none. Some players fit some teams better. Duk is a good player, clearly, but Hearts have no need for him.

You can p***k about with the whole discussion involving Preston, Miller and anyone else that was involved that I can’t remember, but the initial point is and will always be Preston said that Duk would not get in the Hearts team. That is non-deniable.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You can p***k about with the whole discussion involving Preston, Miller and anyone else that was involved that I can’t remember, but the initial point is and will always be Preston said that Duk would not get in the Hearts team. That is non-deniable.

He did. Which is a different angle to 'he's not good enough for Hearts'.

But there we are. The standard of journalism on this thread is appalling.

I'm calling MR out as the McIntyre of the North.

18 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I heard it. Stewart and Preston said the same thing in different ways.

Duk would be fine in our squad and would get gametime. But to suggest he'd put our striker with 18 goals out the team is incorrect. And that's what Preston said.

He simply never said what you said he did. You need a seat on the naughty journalist step.

8 penalties help dont they.

36 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I didn't see this game, obviously, but this seems to be the consensus. Always amazes me when a coach makes a decision that even an amateur can tell you is a dreadful idea.

Aberdeen have some decent attackers but are hopeless at the back. Why would anybody not play against them on the front foot? We went there with half a team missing and could still have scored four times.

St Johnstone have decent players going forward, so that seems a baffling idea.

St J are absolutely pish in attack. Their strength is in defence. 
Absolute shock that you are slavering condescending garbage. 

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

St J are absolutely pish in attack. Their strength is in defence. 
Absolute shock that you are slavering condescending garbage. 

They're the joint-fourth top scorers away from home in the league.

They've scored at least four more goals away from home than half the league, including five more than Aberdeen.

I don't mind abuse, but I'd like it to be well-informed and fair abuse, thank you.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This thread went all Old Firm Twitter for a few minutes.

1. Someone posts something inaccurate and misleading.

2. Others fans pile in and say how disgraceful it is. 😀

I get what you're saying but I don't agree with the conclusion.

Firstly, I think he slots into the system we're currently playing quite easily ahead of Ginnelly, who's pretty much been playing through the middle recently. Even if he didn't, I think we'd adjust the system to fit him in because he's very good.

I'd even go as far as to say Duk is exactly the type of player we're missing in an attacking sense. A more explosive goal threat. We're targeting Kuol from Newcastle at the moment which seems like an attempt to address that.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I get what you're saying but I don't agree with the conclusion.

Firstly, I think he slots into the system we're currently playing quite easily ahead of Ginnelly, who's pretty much been playing through the middle recently. Even if he didn't, I think we'd adjust the system to fit him in because he's very good.

I'd even go as far as to say Duk is exactly the type of player we're missing in an attacking sense. A more explosive goal threat. We're targeting Kuol from Newcastle at the moment which seems like an attempt to address that.

You're a traitor!

Look, I think he'd be a good player for us. All I'm saying is that Preston never said he wasn't good enough to play for us! 😀

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He did. Which is a different angle to 'he's not good enough for Hearts'.

But there we are. The standard of journalism on this thread is appalling.

I'm calling MR out as the McIntyre of the North.

You’ve worn me down. I’m out.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

You're a traitor!

Look, I think he'd be a good player for us. All I'm saying is that Preston never said he wasn't good enough to play for us! 😀

I mean this with the best intentions as I agree with you on many things and generally think you’re a decent poster. 

But your contributions to dons threads are absolutely dire. Not that everything you say is necessarily wrong but you don’t half go on about us. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean this with the best intentions as I agree with you on many things and generally think you’re a decent poster. 

But your contributions to dons threads are absolutely dire. Not that everything you say is necessarily wrong but you don’t half go on about us. 

Well, I'm very sorry you feel that way. But, we'd all call out and laugh at an Old Firm fan making inaccurate and daft claims about the media, and I simply apply this in an even-handed manner.

However, in the spirit of accepting criticism and acting on feedback, and indeed as a mark of my respect for your views, I will abstain from all Aberdeen threads for one week.

Unless something really funny happens.

Edited by VincentGuerin