2028/29 - Where will we be?

With around half the league games played and the weather slowing the pace down, I fancied answering something that has come up now and again.

"How long will it take until everyone in the pyrimid finds their level" 

Using the tables/form as they stand NOW this season, then strictly following the ranking system compiled by @mcruicat https://scotscores.theroonba.com/ (not perfect but very bloody close!) and rolling through the seasons. There are a few 'mistakes', some deliberate but nothing that really affects the results... I think! Colts teams were completely ommited, you can argue about whether University of Stirling and Stirling University are the same team or whatever is going on at Cali Braves/Edusport but everyone else is out. 

What surprises were there?

Spoiler

Next season's Highland League Relegation Playoff was a hilarious accident. Renamed "The Unflushable Jobby Final" 

Potentially 2 being relegated from the Lowland League this season! 

Where are the bottlenecks? 

Spoiler

Probably suited Brora anyway... 🤷‍♂️

When will the WoS dominate the Lowland League? Or will they? 

Spoiler

Will they be there long enough to congregate? 

Do I need a hobby?

Spoiler

So wait... You don't want to see one with the leagues split differently (how they would be in an "ideal" world) to split them more evenly, adding the amateur teams into the system (if I can be arsed) then starting it using the positions of teams on the day TJ mentioned golden bogs??? 🥺

Anyway, sit tight and enjoy... 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oMwTyWxrxVJa46xR6CaV-ssAGcH-72PbT7b3oYHvRQQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

I'll start at the end, do you need a hobby?

If you're under 40 then contact a doctor asap.

Would seriously worry about any young (ish) person taking such an interest in this.

More so when you mentioned the initials TJ, that's seriously going down a rabbit hole.

If you're over 40 then respect and welcome to the sad bazza club of non league geeks.

Next bottlenecks, no automatic relegation at Tier 4 or 5 plus playoff Central holds back the Wosfl tide sweeping over the LL embankment.

I expect by the summer of 2030 at least the top 5 of the present Wosfl to have left for at least LL level if not above.

In the same time period I'd expect the likes of an Albion Rovers to end up in the LL.

Personally I'm curious how the Wosfl will adapt to losing the top 10 clubs over time.

I'd expect newcomers like Drumchapel Utd and St Cadoc's to establish themselves at Wosfl Premier level long term.

Think 14 Wosfl took part in this year's Big Scottish Cup. Would expect double that within a few seasons as clubs see the benefits all round.

TJ still to get a mention on here a decade from now.

Us geeks like elephants don't forget.

6 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

TJ still to get a mention on here a decade from now.

Only popped into my head as one of the ideas mentioned at the time might have worked…

North, East and West at tier 5 really should have happened. After that integration got binned, we’ve ended up with a Frankenstein’s monster that involves being at the mercy of the Lowland League. When it was brought up again it was already too late 

It will be “interesting” knowing what we know now, to see what might have happened… oh, just me then 👀

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

If you're under 40

No comment but I’ve had my fun! Beats playing FM and spending months following some other random algorithm. This didn’t take as long as it looks and cured a bout of insomnia so hopefully will be a while before I can be arsed doing it again.

If it doesn’t achieve anything else, it at least shows how the relegation works in the different leagues and how the teams coming down from above affect the lower leagues.

Looks like only 2 down from the west leagues for most of the next few seasons anyway if all goes to form and 4 down for the east a lot of the time

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

If it doesn’t achieve anything else, it at least shows how the relegation works in the different leagues and how the teams coming down from above affect the lower leagues.

Looks like only 2 down from the west leagues for most of the next few seasons anyway if all goes to form and 4 down for the east a lot of the time

Thanks for making us the proverbial yo-yo team, it'll be some ride 🤣

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Would be even more interesting if we could compare to a sheet which has auto promotion for the EOS/WOS (or two up from three if you include the SOS).

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Thanks for making us the proverbial yo-yo team, it'll be some ride 🤣

It certainly won’t be dull, wee Burnie still punching though 😏

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Would be even more interesting if we could compare to a sheet which has auto promotion for the EOS/WOS (or two up from three if you include the SOS).

If I can agree on a start point, it’ll take about 2 coffees and a smoke once I’m home from work to do it…

Try it now and you can change the tab from “Real” to “Prom+”

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oMwTyWxrxVJa46xR6CaV-ssAGcH-72PbT7b3oYHvRQQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

It’s nearly there and I haven’t been greedy…

L2, Highland and Lowland must have 1 relegation unless no licensed champions below.

L2 playoffs

HL vs LL - Winner guarantees promotion and the “Tier 5 Cup”

Loser will play 9th from L2 for the last place.

HL playoffs

North Region vs Midlands - Winner guarantees promotion, loser goes to playoff final.

2nd bottom of HL vs North Cale League (if licensed) - Winners go to playoff final.

PLAYOFF FINAL FOR LAST LEAGUE PLACE

LL Playoffs

WoS vs EoS - Winner guarantees promotion, loser goes to playoff final.

15th in LL vs SoS - Winners go to playoff final.

PLAYOFF FINAL FOR LAST LEAGUE PLACE

While everyone else is doing their playoff finals, the 2 winners of the North Region vs Midlands and the WoS vs EoS can play each other for a Tier 6 Cup thing…