Glasgow Gretna myth …busted!

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

That looks fucking shite. Looks like they could have a decent terrace running down either side of the pitch if they wished (maybe even with a couple of rows of seats behind, like at Cappielow), but instead they appear to be going for an incredibly pish all seater load of shit. 

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's the plan with that 'stadium' are they putting five rows of seating all around it? That looks like a half arsed joke.

What you see is the extent of the immediate provision. Presumably they'll look to put some standing areas - even if just flat like Meadowbank - or even temporary stands behind either/both goals.

They originally intended to replace the existing uncovered west stand:

existing.jpg
34314494793_f520ef3702_b.jpg

with a larger west stand, and another stand down the east side:

proposed.jpg
Lesser%20Hampden%20Stadium%20Development
maxresdefault.jpg

However instead the existing uncovered west stand had been replaced by a directors box:

FmbjXpVWYAAcwAV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

leaving a single stand for regular supporters down the east side:

FmbjVnKWYAI2eMT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(There are future plans for a - similarly shallow - stand behind the south goal):

newspic_10589.jpg

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That looks fucking shite. Looks like they could have a decent terrace running down either side of the pitch if they wished (maybe even with a couple of rows of seats behind, like at Cappielow), but instead they appear to be going for an incredibly pish all seater load of shit. 

The "Royal Box" is a joke. Maybe scope for terracing behind the goals I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What you see is the extent of the immediate provision. Presumably they'll look to put some standing areas - even if just flat like Meadowbank - or even temporary stands behind either/both goals.

They originally intended to replace the existing uncovered west stand:

existing.jpg
34314494793_f520ef3702_b.jpg

with a larger west stand, and another stand down the east side:

proposed.jpg
Lesser%20Hampden%20Stadium%20Development
maxresdefault.jpg

However instead the existing uncovered west stand had been replaced by a directors box:

FmbjXpVWYAAcwAV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

leaving a single stand for regular supporters down the east side:

FmbjVnKWYAI2eMT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(There are future plans for a - similarly shallow - stand behind the south goal):

newspic_10589.jpg

Absolute fucking garbage massively lacking in imagination and ambition.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

The "Royal Box" is a joke. Maybe scope for terracing behind the goals I suppose. 

Aye that's an utter howler.

According to planning permission documents somebody else posted permanent capacity will only be 999... instead of 1,774 under the 2-stand plan.

Note the 2-stand plan envisaged the back of each stand being terraced... seen in this concept photo of east stand:

newspic_10590.jpg

It's been built all-seated.

(Adding the future stand behind the south goal would increase capacity to 1,450-1,500).

Edited by HibeeJibee

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Queens Park want to be a Premiership team yet are building a (at best) League 1 stadium.

Horrendous minter.

It'd be shite even for League 2. You have to consider cup draws and big playoff games too. Lesser Hampden in its current state is absolutely unacceptable.

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Queens Park want to be a Premiership team yet are building a (at best) League 1 stadium.

Horrendous minter.

Even with south end added sometime in future it'll be smaller than any in SPFL bar Meadowbank + Cliftonhill.

Flats planned for north end but could do some temporary lash-up job... do Morton still have St Mirren's kit stand in bits somewhere?

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Even with south end added sometime in future it'll be smaller than any in SPFL bar Meadowbank + Cliftonhill.

Flats planned for north end but could do some temporary lash-up job... do Morton still have St Mirren's kit stand in bits somewhere?

Meadowbank has a decent capacity (1700 odd I think). Dumbarton and East Fife only have one stand so are limited to 1000 I think. Cliftonville can, if needed, hold a decent amount behind one goal as well as the main stand.

If Lesser Hampden really is under 1000 then I think it will be the lowest capacity in the entire SPFL.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Meadowbank has a decent capacity (1700 odd I think). Dumbarton and East Fife only have one stand so are limited to 1000 I think. Cliftonville can, if needed, hold a decent amount behind one goal as well as the main stand.

If Lesser Hampden really is under 1000 then I think it will be the lowest capacity in the entire SPFL.

I was meaning if and when they build south end.

New Bayview and Rock both seat ~2,000 so will remain bigger either way.

Cliftonhill was down near or even below 1k, but as you say they put in some steps behind a goal which has bumped it up again (not sure if by enough to stay above a 'finished' Lesser though).

Meadowbank is basically 500 plus flat standing such as QP may consider.

EDIT: going from SPFL website Cliftonhill is 1,238 so would be bigger than Lesser for now but not if/when south end added.

Meadowbank is bizarrely shown as previous 16,500.

Edited by HibeeJibee

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was meaning if and when they build south end.

New Bayview and Rock both seat ~2,000 so will remain bigger either way.

Cliftonhill was down near or even below 1k, but as you say they put in some steps behind a goal which has bumped it up again (not sure if by enough to stay above a 'finished' Lesser though).

Meadowbank is basically 500 plus flat standing such as QP may consider.

EDIT: going from SPFL website Cliftonhill is 1,238 so would be bigger than Lesser for now but not if/when south end added.

Meadowbank is bizarrely shown as previous 16,500.

Was at Meadowbank last Saturday. It's easily the worst ground in the SPFL but does hold comfortably well over 1000. The attendance was given as 1320 last weekend. Was given at 1232 when we played them in August.

Nearly 4 years later and this is where we are and what they’ve come up with? I was looking forward to QP getting their own ground on the south side, but this whole setup looks fucking dreadful.

Looking forward to the scramble for the 50 tickets that’ll be allocated to away fans.

10 hours ago, Spiders67 said:

Don't really know where you've explained the great idea of starting a pile on here? 

Writing a load of pish man🤣

The topic is about the Academy. Simply sharing good news that all QP supporters should proud of. Why are you so ashamed of it?

Now it’s deteriorated into the ground. Nothing new on this topic that hasn’t previously been posted here. The football development is going great. The stadium redevelopment is a shambles. Let’s focus on the good things at the club. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks