🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My opinion is that the match is null and void, and doesn't count. There was a player playing who shouldn't have been, and therefore I don't believe it should count as an official match. Others may disagree.

I assume yellow cards etc will still count for suspensions?  

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can't be long now until Bring Your Own Socks appears to claim there's some small print that allows Queen's Park an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Geneva or something, because well, you never know apparently. 🙄

As we speak the appeal is winging its way to Geneva.

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My opinion is that the match is null and void, and doesn't count. There was a player playing who shouldn't have been, and therefore I don't believe it should count as an official match. Others may disagree.

I think it's a difficult one and possible to view either way.

If you go back far enough in 2007 we played an ineligible Jamie Adams in a Scottish Cup tie. He played against Cowdenbeath in the last 32 and against Hibs in the last 16 but had been an unused sub for Kilmarnock earlier in the tournament which back then got you cup tied (rules have been changed since). Nobody noticed, we lost against Hibs and went on our way. Until the final came along and some player or other was cup tied for the same reason. Commenting on it the bold Ian McCall, by then dismissed as QoS manager, publicly said "that can't be right Jamie Adams did the same for Kilmarnock and QoS and was allowed to play". One backdated investigation later we got a £20k fine. They couldn't throw us out because they'd played a further two rounds since we'd already been knocked out. Queen of the South, Cowdenbeath, Hibernian will all count those two matches as valid matches but we were ultimately discovered to have played an ineligible player.

Game took place, it's not been replayed, yellow and red cards will count. My view is the match is not null and void, it's simply had its result overturned. I would count it. Do the SFA publish official competition scorer stats anywhere? Would be interesting to see if they continue to count the Queen's Park goals.

A more difficult question is whether for instance examples like that Elgin v Spartans game or the Stenhousemuir v Dunfermline one where a replay was ordered would see the first game expunged or not. Thankfully not something I have to worry about.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

40 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Best of luck against Livie in the next round Sandy.

Thanks Bud, if it's any consolation you were the better team and the box passing of Thomas, Savoury ad Murray in an earlier game was the best I've seen since we got relegated from the Prem, an absolute delight to watch.

That btw doesn't take away the fact that I want to beat the shite out of you next time!

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Thats daft.

A team draws, one of the managers acknowledges his teams weakness in the draw and brings in players to bolster his teams performance for the replay.

Not that that happened in  our case but it would be possible without the rule.

When is McInnes getting sacked? he can't be too far away from it.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

What's next?! Livi thrown out of the competition for plastic pitch? Inverness to win it all by default :D 

Inverness will likely join the very small number of teams to have been knocked out of the Scottish Cup twice in the same season.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Nice of Sky to use the correct trophy in their tweet…

Sky also seem to think that Queens were thrown out for fielding  the ten players who were correctly registered rather than for fielding the one who wasnt

23 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Sky also seem to think that Queens were thrown out for fielding  the ten players who were correctly registered rather than for fielding the one who wasnt

Didn’t even clock that 😂 they’ really don’t give a f**k about scottish football 

17 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Right decision, however I do feel sorry for the QP fans who traveled and were ultimately misled by the club. Given the financial clout now within club, I do hope they do the right thing to atone by refunding the supporters for the wasted trip.

Yeah, this ^^^.

I watched Leann Dempster's interview at half-time last night in the league game v Ayr.  She apologised profusely to the QP fans for the error ... well, aye OK, decent of her to do that.  Then I thought, wait a minute, she's the bloody Football Director or some other such fancy title - isn't she responsible (amongst other things) for making sure all such football related administrative aspects of the club are in order?  Most clubs of our size can't afford to have a highly paid person dedicated to such things and many of us make do with part-time volunteer types covering these administrative aspects (which they do admirably well).  Shouldn't she have been tendering her resignation for such a screw-up?  Or at least refunding the QP fans who travelled up to the highlands out of her own extremely well-lined pockets?