🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

14 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I take it that we will be using our B team to give ICT a slight chance of progressing. 

So big time now, assuming Lowland League applications next season.......which ironically is where you will also find Gretna!!!

Edited by bdu98196

On 14/01/2023 at 22:25, Stephen Malkmus said:

Our pedigree in this competition will see us past Queen's Park comfortably. It was very pleasing to witness us hoisting the trophy in this mob's home stadium a few years ago. 

The passage of time can trick all our memories. Was it not about 30 years ago that Caley and Thistle agreed to merge so that you could join the Scottish League? Quite aspirational and ambitious at the time. And indeed ICT did well, pushing through the leagues and having a good number of seasons in the top tier, top six from memory at that. Scottish Cup winners as you say which entitled you to play in the Europa Cup.

And all done by big strapping highland laddies, five cans of sardines and and two Mother's Pride loaves. Aye right!

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thomas on the wing will be a threat, he was a handful for Delaney on Sat.

I feared for Delaney on Saturday, twice he got caught out badly early in the game, got booked, threw the ball away and was verging on a card scarlet in colour.

Credit to him though, he imposed himself and although the second half turned into something akin to a basketball game, he limited the damage in his area of influence.

Even with a midfield that was again compromised on Saturday, high flying, slick passing Queens Park didn't dominate us so I'm rather optimistic that another enjoyable and perhaps successful afternoon is in prospect.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The passage of time can trick all our memories. Was it not about 30 years ago that Caley and Thistle agreed to merge so that you could join the Scottish League? Quite aspirational and ambitious at the time. And indeed ICT did well, pushing through the leagues and having a good number of seasons in the top tier, top six from memory at that. Scottish Cup winners as you say which entitled you to play in the Europa Cup.

And all done by big strapping highland laddies, five cans of sardines and and two Mother's Pride loaves. Aye right!

I think ‘agreed’ is maybe pushing it a bit (if you ask the Thistle fans), but whatever, they merged. 
Merged from Caley into, em, Caley essentially. 

We weren't quite as crisp on Saturday and a few passes went astray, not something that you see often. I'm expecting us to be a step up from where we were. After all, this cup's got our name on it. Ten times.

I'd also expect ICT to play deep again; well, it was fairly successful.

It'll come down to whether we can get the space to get the shots in, and whether they're on target. The big keeper's handling didn't look 100%. I'm going for him to spill one and Savoury or Murray to be there to send the QP masses wild.

13 hours ago, sophia said:

Credit to him though, he imposed himself and although the second half turned into something akin to a basketball game, he limited the damage in his area of influence.

Thomas moved to midfield in the latter stages of the first half otherwise Delaney would have seen a red.

I couldn't understand why Coyle made the change as Thomas was clearly making the moves for Murray and Savoury.

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The passage of time can trick all our memories. Was it not about 30 years ago that Caley and Thistle agreed to merge so that you could join the Scottish League? 

There had been numerous applications over the years, we were kept out by one individual who said that the state of the A9 at the time, which was routed through many villages, would mean too long a journey for his team and a hazard in the winter.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

There had been numerous applications over the years, we were kept out by one individual who said that the state of the A9 at the time, which was routed through many villages, would mean too long a journey for his team and a hazard in the winter.

I think that the ski bus to Cairngorm used to take about 5 hours from Glasgow. 

Edited by spiders4ever
Additional

2 hours ago, RiG said:

A lot of snow up in Inverness just now and temperatures look pretty low until Saturday. This game must be at risk shirley?

Depends where you look.

XCWeather barely has it above freezing on Saturday whereas the BBC has shorts and sandals seven degrees and bright sunshine 

Edited by sophia

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

.The big keeper's handling didn't look 100%. I'm going for him to spill one and Savoury or Murray to be there to send the QP masses wild.

4 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If the grass under the snow isn't frozen, we'll get the away fans to give the pub a miss and bring their brushes and shovels to clear the pitch.

That's very decent of you but how long would it take?