🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

Great shame. Despite the decent forecast for tomorrow, it depends on whether the grass is frozen under the snow. Personally, I'd be up for chancing it. An afternoon in one of Inverness' many burlesque establishments would be very agreeable if the game was off.

Nice place, nice people, I have found.

Quite a bit of a thaw just now with much of the snow disappearing. Walked across a park and the ground is soft under foot not frozen so at the stadium with that grass being covered by snow the ground would have been protected from freezing. Though there is a lot of ice about on the roads and pavements.

Could this be a tactical delay ploy while we wait on even more players coming back? Allardice and Samuels could be included I've heard.

10 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Could this be a tactical delay ploy while we wait on even more players coming back? Allardice and Samuels could be included I've heard.

Don’t have any issue with it, even if that’s what you are doing. I’d hope we’d do similar if we were getting players back and the other side were likely to make changes. Got to do whatever you’ve got to do to make sure you’re in the most beneficial position. 

44 minutes ago, qpfc said:

The same Inverness that put a statement out that they’d play their reserves against Hamilton in the cup cause they were too scared to get another injury cause league was deemed as priority ? 

We've been playing our reserves all season, including last Saturday when the League 'leaders' still couldn't beat us, I think you are referring to using our youth team.

12 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

We've been playing our reserves all season, including last Saturday when the League 'leaders' still couldn't beat us, I think you are referring to using our youth team.

Aww aye looking at the lineup against us, I forgot Ridgers, Billy McKay, Devine, Welsh, Carson, Henderson and Daniel McKay make up the backbone of the Inverness reserve side. 

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Aww aye looking at the lineup against us, I forgot Ridgers, Billy McKay, Devine, Welsh, Carson, Henderson and Daniel McKay make up the backbone of the Inverness reserve side. 

Considering Henderson has only just arrived at the club, you have listed 6 players only some of whom have been present. We have fluctuated from around 5 to 9 first team players out injured this season, so by any respect that means 'reserves' have been playing mostly. None of which changes the fact that the league leaders couldn't beat a mid-table team with (by your list) four first team players missing - definitely points dropped rather than one gained.

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Considering Henderson has only just arrived at the club, you have listed 6 players only some of whom have been present. We have fluctuated from around 5 to 9 first team players out injured this season, so by any respect that means 'reserves' have been playing mostly. None of which changes the fact that the league leaders couldn't beat a mid-table team with (by your list) four first team players missing - definitely points dropped rather than one gained.

Trying too hard 

Don’t think a lineup defines whether or not it’s points dropped. Even still, You’re on form, at home and had a lineup on the pitch which could compete with almost everyone in the league still and that cannot be denied. Saying that lineup is a reserve side is entirely inaccurate. A point away from home to a resurgent Inverness side is absolutely fine. We had chances but equally it took a save of the season from ferrie to stop us losing. Don’t understand where the term ‘points dropped’ comes into that bracket 

If anything it’s points dropped for yourselves considering the wild talk prior to the game of going for the title 

Edited by qpfc

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Nothing wrong with an away point against an experienced club like Thistle. It was a great game with both sides playing good football.

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Trying too hard 

Don’t think a lineup defines whether or not it’s points dropped. Even still, You’re on form, at home and had a lineup on the pitch which could compete with almost everyone in the league still and that cannot be denied. A point away from home to a resurgent Inverness side is absolutely fine. We had chances but equally it took a save of the season from ferrie to stop us losing. Don’t understand where the term ‘points dropped’ comes into that bracket 

If anything it’s points dropped for yourselves considering the wild talk prior to the game of going for the title 

Two wins since Oct is nothing to shout about and certainly only the most highly optimistic (or delusional) would have thought that was title form. Beating two teams who I think most will confirm are dross even by the standard of this league is not resurgent, however I don't want to belittle the achievements of QP last wknd. The fact that teams still see results against us as positives is clearly a testament to our strength when more players return considering there is nobody 'out of sight' in the title race. 

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Two wins since Oct is nothing to shout about and certainly only the most highly optimistic (or delusional) would have thought that was title form. Beating two teams who I think most will confirm are dross even by the standard of this league is not resurgent, however I don't want to belittle the achievements of QP last wknd. The fact that teams still see results against us as positives is clearly a testament to our strength when more players return considering there is nobody 'out of sight' in the title race. 

image.thumb.jpeg.db1f9b0f9bd40285411651527abd5878.jpeg