The Jam Tarts vs The Dons

37 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Weve won a trophy more recently than Hearts!

I was nice and chose to ignore 2 of those 3 cups came during a sevco esque spending money you didnt have period. Enough to almost go bust.

1 legitimate trophy since 1963! We have 16 in that time period by the way and ZERO relegations ever.

The fact you've finished top 3 in the top flight back to back only once in 60 years should be another clue that you are not and have never been "third force"

“Sevcoesque?” You are making annual losses of £5m per annum. 😄

Still, I’m sure the one wee cup was worth it. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

“Sevcoesque?” You are making annual losses of £5m per annum. 😄

Still, I’m sure the one wee cup was worth it. 

Id argue being days from going bust is very much sevcoesque! Especially when that overspending (cheating) won you trophies!

Did you pay 4p in the £ back or something to your creditors?

Edited by afc_blockhead

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is this a match thread?

No, it's a contestant for Saddest Knob Comparison Thread in P&B History.

It's making me feel nostalgic for the St Mirren match thread and all those images of Kye Rowles in the approximate vicinity of a bouncing football.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Is this a match thread?

These things evolve. It just needs one smart arse to make a comment not related to the match, this is then countered by other smart arse remarks. Before you know it the thread is fucked.  I never really held out much hope for this thread from the beginning. 

Tough game for us, this - Shinnie is a good signing for aiberdeen, added to some other decent players - hoping that guy who was sent aff against the sons of william will be suspended.

Doubts over Cochrane and Halliday - hopefully Kingsley at LWB with Devlin slotting into CM - maybe freshen up the front line, but we'll be along usual lines anyway.

Wrap up - it's gonnae be freezin'. 

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Not to mention becoming fan owned and spending millions on upgrading our stadium.  Imagine that eh?   

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And that fan is Ann Budge

Not since she transferred ownership of the club in August 2021 although as that was only 505 days ago it's an understandable mistake

It does seem odd for an Aberdeen fan not to be bang up to date on events at Tynecastle normally they're all over us

22 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Tough game for us, this - Shinnie is a good signing for aiberdeen, added to some other decent players - hoping that guy who was sent aff against the sons of william will be suspended.

Doubts over Cochrane and Halliday - hopefully Kingsley at LWB with Devlin slotting into CM - maybe freshen up the front line, but we'll be along usual lines anyway.

Wrap up - it's gonnae be freezin'. 

Do you mind? We're trying to talk about club finances and everything else that isn't football.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Cannae get enough of the whole 'whae's the third biggest club in Scotland' debate, m8. ;)

Wonder what Dean Windass is up to these days?

More to the point have you ever had a brief romantic liaison with someone from Ayrshire?

I am pretty worried about this game. We looked completely dead on our feet at the end of the game on Sunday and sounds like we are missing minimum 3 players plus Stewart, which could be seen as a positive but without another CB not so much. Will see what this team is made of though, big test and if we are as committed as we were Sunday then we should get something from it. Can't wait though, love Hearts away.