No home support Vs Rangers* 21/01/23

double deluxe

1 hour ago, JCFooty72 said:

Whats actually going on with the boycott whats the reasoning behind it?

Was expecting a decent crowd after the last result but seen that article online.

St Johnstone fans have raised concerns regarding the away allocation, pricing and feel they were fobbed off by the board.

19 hours ago, AJF said:

St Johnstone fans have raised concerns regarding the away allocation, pricing and feel they were fobbed off by the board.

I know Rangers (& Celtic) fans have had the piss ripped out of them with ticket costs for years but I do wonder at what level they might make a stand.

If it was £40 they'd probably still pay it. What about £50?

On 17/01/2023 at 16:52, Steve McQueen said:

I know Rangers (& Celtic) fans have had the piss ripped out of them with ticket costs for years but I do wonder at what level they might make a stand.

It's an interesting question. Clearly if they have sold out, £30 must be deemed OK, but in reality it is not. Ultimately all football fans are getting shafted and Rangers and Celtic fans more than most. Probably £30 feels OK for them as they get charged that and more all over the place.

For Saints, the ticket prices I'd say are the bigger issue than the shifting of stands and so the club are under no illusion that there are limits now. I actually think the cumulative lost revenues as a result of this, but outwith this game, will amount to more that they'd have ever made from this game. Fans will be less willing for other games and ST's etc going forward.

Rangers fans, you'd think, should be 100% behind any fans complaining about ticket prices being too high.

Sadly I fear that there maybe more bad news for Jeremy Clarkson if his team gets knocked out of the cup.

We'll give St Johnstone a goal head start and fanny around for most of the first half,  we'll grab a couple of goals in the second half and have our usual nervy finish.

On 18/01/2023 at 23:43, Theyellowbox said:

It's an interesting question. Clearly if they have sold out, £30 must be deemed OK, but in reality it is not. Ultimately all football fans are getting shafted and Rangers and Celtic fans more than most. Probably £30 feels OK for them as they get charged that and more all over the place.

For Saints, the ticket prices I'd say are the bigger issue than the shifting of stands and so the club are under no illusion that there are limits now. I actually think the cumulative lost revenues as a result of this, but outwith this game, will amount to more that they'd have ever made from this game. Fans will be less willing for other games and ST's etc going forward.

Rangers fans, you'd think, should be 100% behind any fans complaining about ticket prices being too high.

I absolutely support any fan action that protests or takes a stand against ticket pricing. As you mentioned, we are probably not as cheesed off about the price as much given we’ve been paying similar prices for x amount of years but it isn’t right.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I absolutely support any fan action that protests or takes a stand against ticket pricing. As you mentioned, we are probably not as cheesed off about the price as much given we’ve been paying similar prices for x amount of years but it isn’t right.

I think Rangers and Celtic fans would have every right to protest over ticket prices they get charged, including by their own clubs. From memory, Rangers fans got absolutely shafted for ticket prices for champions league games?

On 17/01/2023 at 16:52, Steve McQueen said:

Fans of the cheeks are pretty subservient when it comes to this, Rangers especially. They have by far the most expensive home and away tickets in the country and pretty much every away game kicking off at midday yet you rarely see any kind of united protest against such things. You just need to look at Germany or even Liverpool to see that fans have the power to change these things but they seem to think turning up despite getting shafted by their club/tv companies etc as some kind of badge of honour.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think Rangers and Celtic fans would have every right to protest over ticket prices they get charged, including by their own clubs. From memory, Rangers fans got absolutely shafted for ticket prices for champions league games?

We did. It was ridiculous what the club charged us for our 3 match package. I believe it was the maximum allowed by UEFA. 

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

We did. It was ridiculous what the club charged us for our 3 match package. I believe it was the maximum allowed by UEFA. 

What was the price of those games?

I met some Liverpool supporters on the day of the game and they quoted me some eye watering sums for the away end. 

38 minutes ago, Molotov said:

What was the price of those games?

I met some Liverpool supporters on the day of the game and they quoted me some eye watering sums for the away end. 

There were different price bands depending on where your seat is, but mines personally was £174 for the 3 matches. Almost £60 a match is ridiculous but they knew they could get away with it with it being our first experience of champions league group stage football in a decade.

Edited by AJF

Examples of pricing in Germany / England are just a red herring. 

They aren't reliant on gate money as a major source of income, as TV money and sponsorship are mind boggling in comparison to Scotland.

Edited by Auld Heid

On 19/01/2023 at 16:26, bennett said:

Sadly I fear that there maybe more bad news for Jeremy Clarkson if his team gets knocked out of the cup.

We'll give St Johnstone a goal head start and fanny around for most of the first half,  we'll grab a couple of goals in the second half and have our usual nervy finish.

If we do our usual and give away the first goal, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes tits up. The saving grace has been that we score next but until we get our defensive set up right, a second goal conceded will kill us off. 

It would be nice, for a change, to score a couple in the first half and romp home for a convincing victory, but I've got a cousin in Perth and I fear our next conversation might not go well for me.