Alloa vs Falkirk

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

How that PK is not given first half is incredible 

Not had a watch of the highlights yet to see it from that angle, but I was behind the goals about 15 meters or so away and it looked a brilliant tackle at the time - will get a watch of the highlights later though. 

47 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Not had a watch of the highlights yet to see it from that angle, but I was behind the goals about 15 meters or so away and it looked a brilliant tackle at the time - will get a watch of the highlights later though. 

Yeah it didn't look even debatable behind the goals, it was an excellent tackle. 

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Yeah it didn't look even debatable behind the goals, it was an excellent tackle. 

Of course it did with yellow and black tinted sunglasses or whatever your colours are 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course it did with yellow and black tinted sunglasses or whatever your colours are 

Incident had no impact on the final result in a game Falkirk deserved to win after defending well and tucking away their chances, so no reason at all for any perceived bias from me or for me to defend the ref. But he called it bang on. Perhaps you were standing behind someone again. 

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The Alloa tv highlights say it all with the pen shout. Absolute stonewaller, gets the ball but that’s after going through Rowe.

The highlights aren't conclusive at all but if I was watching them and having not been behind the goals I'd say it probably was a pen. With a clear view and much closer to the incident though it was an excellent tackle which won the ball. Didn't "go through Rowe" either. To be honest Rowe dithered and gave the defender a chance but it was still a high risk tackle and had to be executed perfectly, which it was. Great defending and great refereeing. 

14 minutes ago, printer said:

You've seen the highlights and you still think "incredible" as opposed to "he got the ball although there was some follow through"?

2 minutes ago, printer said:

Yeah, I've see the highlights, both your and ours. My issue is simply with your use of the word "incredible", which is plainly nonsensical.

The referee was 5 yards from it. It was incredible it wasn’t given IMO. The lad comes through Rowe before touching the ball. It I was obvious at the time and even more obvious on the highlights 

I've watched the penalty highlights about a dozen times and still can't decide if the defender touched the ball or Rowe first. If really pushed to decide however I think I'd probably say he just got to the ball. What I'm not so clear about is the rule now regarding tackling from behind and going through a player, I thought that had been outlawed therefore should a penalty not have been given anyway?

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The referee was 5 yards from it. It was incredible it wasn’t given IMO. The lad comes through Rowe before touching the ball. It I was obvious at the time and even more obvious on the highlights 

Fair enough m8, if that's your opinion.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I've watched the penalty highlights about a dozen times and still can't decide if the defender touched the ball or Rowe first. If really pushed to decide however I think I'd probably say he just got to the ball. What I'm not so clear about is the rule now regarding tackling from behind and going through a player, I thought that had been outlawed therefore should a penalty not have been given anyway?

Indeed, I don't think it's 100% clear either way.

IMO, based on the Alloa highlights, Strachan just gets enough on the ball to make it a good tackle. He does then catch Rowe and, like you, I'm not 100% sure what the law is there.

Re tackling from behind, I think the only thing the laws specifically say about that is to emphasise that a tackle from behind which endangers an opponents safety should be a red. I don't think that applies here as it was more from the side and the force wasn't great enough. Could be wrong as it's a while since I've really studied them.

32 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Would appear that the ref did indeed get a penalty shout wrong in the first half 😂. Can't get them all right. 

received_1257968591423599.jpeg.c30a79c9712cc1afbf60effbd7e65acf.jpeg

I must admit I didnt see Brad Mckay getting two footed at the time. Yer number 8 there looks absolutely horrified by it. Vile.