P&B Weight Observers Thread 23/24

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Cocaine.

Not only will you lose weight, you'll also lose your family, dignity and will to live!

Tried that for years, I was always that pesky person who never developed a habit but also never lost any weight.

Like those fuckers who get the shits and shite away 2 stone. Jealous.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm a fat kunt these days.

I've two dodgy knees and canny be fucked exercising. How do I change things?

I don't have the dodgy knees, but I know exactly how you feel. I'm been telling myself for years I need to lose weight, and I have the occasional bit of success, then lose the will again. The best I did was a good few years ago when I went to a nutritionist at work, the fact I went to see them every few weeks gave me something to aim for, and a sense of guilt/embarrassment if I didn't work on my weight. As soon as I stopped going to them, although I knew what to do, I just couldn't do it.  

• 4 weeks later...

In high school i was always quite podgy/broad shouldered. I was about 6ft but fit as a fiddle. Played centre mid and box to box was no problem. In 2018 i hurt my back running and it took me a while to get over it. Now 2023, i’m 30 and can barely run round the block. 

3 weeks ago i went on a “better lifestyle”. I’m now eating breakfast which is usually a bowl of cereal, Toast or a belvita bar at 9 ish (at work). Eating my lunch around 1 ish which is a ham/Chicken/Tuna salad, skinny whip bar, baked crisps and cup of veg soup i make in the soup maker (no salt just tones of veg and pepper season). Then i’m having tea around 6 ish with a yogurt after. I’m walking home from work 3 times a week (2.5 miles-4500 steps roughly) and I’ve started playing 6’s again on a Wednesday. Eating at correct times and calorie watching is definitely been my help.

I’ve lost 10 pounds in the first 3 weeks. I can breathe better, move better and the proud feeling isn’t a bad one either. Long way to go and there will be bumps but aye it’s been a good start.

I think I posted on an earlier version of this thread a few years back.  I'm at 91kg now which isn't too bad for my height and age but I'd like to be a bit lighter.  I'm pretty active with jogging, walking and five-a-sides but I just consume too many calories - portion sizes, crisps / chocolate, booze.  That plus travelling for work a lot recently hasn't helped.  

I just logged back into My Fitness Pal which really helped me in the past with gradually losing weight.  Counting calories can take a bit of joy out of eating but I find it keeps me accountable.  

My target is losing 6kg in six months.  

Edited by resk

If anyone wants a copy of the weights routine I used during my 8 week plan then just send me a message. I sent it for a few people on here before (not sure if they stuck to it). It’s a 4 day split with two lower and two upper days. I still roughly follow it to this day. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s finally time to get serious about losing weight. Over the last two years I have lost a couple of stones but given where I started from it’s not that noticeable. A few years ago, I went to a nutritionist at work, and I followed a diet plan fairly successfully for about six months. However, the company in a cost saving measure stopped the nutritionist and though I tried, I couldn’t keep following the plan without the incentive of the regular visits and pep talk.  

I was going to dig out the spreadsheet I used to track my portions but thought that there must be an app to use instead, so I downloaded the NHS weight loss app. After adding breakfast to the app this morning, it’s an eye opener. A simple breakfast of a cup of coffee and two slice of buttered toast with peanut butter is over 500 calories. Given I’m trying to consume less than 3000 calories a day, it’s frightening how apparently so little food can use up so much of your allowance. I always thought that my portion control was reasonable, but I’m waking up to the fact it is anything but, so I can see the next few weeks is going to be difficult trying to get them to a sensible level.

9 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

It’s finally time to get serious about losing weight. Over the last two years I have lost a couple of stones but given where I started from it’s not that noticeable. A few years ago, I went to a nutritionist at work, and I followed a diet plan fairly successfully for about six months. However, the company in a cost saving measure stopped the nutritionist and though I tried, I couldn’t keep following the plan without the incentive of the regular visits and pep talk.  

I was going to dig out the spreadsheet I used to track my portions but thought that there must be an app to use instead, so I downloaded the NHS weight loss app. After adding breakfast to the app this morning, it’s an eye opener. A simple breakfast of a cup of coffee and two slice of buttered toast with peanut butter is over 500 calories. Given I’m trying to consume less than 3000 calories a day, it’s frightening how apparently so little food can use up so much of your allowance. I always thought that my portion control was reasonable, but I’m waking up to the fact it is anything but, so I can see the next few weeks is going to be difficult trying to get them to a sensible level.

Good luck! 

Butter plus peanut butter sounds grim irrespective of the calories. Nutella plus peanut butter is where it’s at. Or used to be. Probably not the right thread for encouraging Nutella.

anyway, good luck!

On 12/09/2023 at 18:07, Derry Alli said:

I've lost 15kg in just over a year. I just can't get the final 3kg off whatever I try. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

1.5kg to go.

Ignore that last post. Just out Bel's butchers in Edzell. 

Steak n Gravy Bridie, Italian posk sausage roll and a BBQ pulled pork pie. Fully expecting that weight back on by 5pm. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Did my monthly weigh in a couple of days ago. 15 1/2 stone, so down 12 pounds in September. Particularly pleased with that cos i wasn't running for three of those weeks (injured, not slacking). Got into 36 inch trousers at the end of August, so down a foot in a year. 

NHS bmi calculator says i'm obese at 5'11", but only overweight at 6'. It doesn't do fractions and i'm 5'11 1/2.  Rounding up is correct isn’t it? 

If it is, i'm officially down to "fat c**t" from "big fat c**t", which i'm quite happy with. 

Good luck to everyone going for better health and taking these steps, I really get the energy on here. :thumsup2

I'm going to try going full carnivore in the new year.

Going through a transitional period just now, no alcohol, weaning off sugar/carbs, no ultra processed, etc all leading up to that. Eating a lot more red meat, some days nothing but. Avoiding wheat and soya. Soya is in bloody everything nowadays. Also have used fasting. I'll fast for 24 hours every two weeks and have already fasted for three days back in August which I sailed through. F**ked up coming off it though, despite knowing what to do. Need discipline, need more discipline.

Discovered the wonders of bone broth, supposed to be very good for you. Gives your body the minerals and healing compounds to help the body heal and repair. Have so far used chicken bones. Going to try out lamb. Low in calories for anyone interested.

I've gradually put on weight as I've got older, never lost weight. I'm currently 97kg, overweight and have issues with my bone joints, knees and hip. Having problems with my fingers, losing dexterity and they can be painful somedays and the thought of being unable to write or not even being able to pick up a small item without dropping it is to much. I really need to lose weight and be more active. As my weight has increased so has my body dysmorphia and I can't continue like that its ruining my life. I feel like if I don't do something now I never will.

Carnivore...............yeah this is going to be interesting. 🫣

P&B's own Guinea Pig

Edited by CityDave94

Struggled with a chest infection and then a sickness bug last few weeks so didn’t weigh myself till last Wednesday but weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost exactly 2KG this week so very happy.

Thats me lost 12.2 KG in the last 11 weeks. Still a long way to go but very happy with it so far.

• 1 month later...

2kg off since last post. Very pleased. Even more so that the then constant joint and tendon pains are gone, now sleeping better and have much more energy both important in keeping this going. Can visibly see I'm carrying less fat on my body, my jaw outline is back. 😆 Aiming for 90kg as my weight in six months, not been that weight for around ten years. I must have been lacking the important nutrients to repair my own body.

Absolutely no cravings, especially for sugar/high glocose foods which matters a lot to me.

Discovered that I like Kefir, ..............good for gut health.

How is everyone getting on?

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

2kg off since last post. Very pleased. Even more so that the then constant joint and tendon pains are gone, now sleeping better and have much more energy both important in keeping this going. Can visibly see I'm carrying less fat on my body, my jaw outline is back. 😆 Aiming for 90kg as my weight in six months, not been that weight for around ten years. I must have been lacking the important nutrients to repair my own body.

Absolutely no cravings, especially for sugar/high glocose foods which matters a lot to me.

Discovered that I like Kefir, ..............good for gut health.

How is everyone getting on?

Slowed down for October, only lost about 3 pounds. I reckon I shit out at least 2lb following an unblocking event the very next day.

been having injuries off of running. Started with a calf strain then recurring hip issue (I suspect tendonitis). So now doing more core and strength, which I understand helps prevent these things. 

nov weigh in coming up and am not hopeful of getting back to previous rates but should have lost more than October. I will try to shit before weighing.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Slowed down for October, only lost about 3 pounds. I reckon I shit out at least 2lb following an unblocking event the very next day.

been having injuries off of running. Started with a calf strain then recurring hip issue (I suspect tendonitis). So now doing more core and strength, which I understand helps prevent these things. 

nov weigh in coming up and am not hopeful of getting back to previous rates but should have lost more than October. I will try to shit before weighing.

Keep in mind that if you are strength training you are building muscles so your weight might not come off that fast anyway. Its not a bad thing if it helps you in the long run to keep you injury free which in turn keeps you pointed in the right direction for your goal.

8 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Keep in mind that if you are strength training you are building muscles so your weight might not come off that fast anyway. Its not a bad thing if it helps you in the long run to keep you injury free which in turn keeps you pointed in the right direction for your goal.

Yeah, I lost weight about a decade ago then put it all back on again. The 2012 model had considerably more mass under the flab. It’s been a bit of a surprise that that’s not there anymore so I’m not too bothered about the weight loss slowing if it means I’m more hench all round.

Also into probably about the last 10% of the weight as well so it was always going to slow down.  

Good luck with yours. That carnivore thing sounds like a worrying fad though. You sure that’s a good idea?