Scottish Cup Round Five

Lex

Would personally like to see:

Darvel v Falkirk
Linlithgow Rose/Raith v Motherwell
Hamilton v Hearts
Cove/Ayr v Elgin/Drumchapel

Inevitably the two most boring ties will get picked, I think the Darvel game is a certainty for the BBC, and they'll probably go for Dundee United v Killie for the other one.

22 hours ago, Desp said:

Rangers v Partick Thistle - Friday 10th @ 7:45pm (Viaplay)
Hamilton v Hearts - Saturday 11th @ 12 Noon (BBC)
Celtic v St. Mirren - Saturday 11th @ 5:30pm (Viaplay)
Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock - Monday 13th @ 7:45pm (BBC)

Was this just a guess rather than the actual announcement?

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Was this just a guess rather than the actual announcement?

Aye, was a guess at the game.  It's out the window now as surely the BBC will keep going with Darvel in the next round.

24 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Hamilton Vs Hearts is a sure fire BBC pick. Biggest team avilable and they will possibly pick the Darvel game to follow up the previous tie.

I hope this is the case so we (Motherwell) will get a 3pm Saturday kick off.

I will echo that. 3pm on a Saturday with a wee jaunt over the Forth rail bridge ideally. None of this Monday evening malarkey.

We can leave that to Hamilton v Hearts. A win win. An Accies hammering is always quite pleasing. An Accies win as unlikely as it would be would mean another lower league team in the semis should we overcome Raith. 

12 hours ago, welldaft said:

I will echo that. 3pm on a Saturday with a wee jaunt over the Forth rail bridge ideally. None of this Monday evening malarkey.

We can leave that to Hamilton v Hearts. A win win. An Accies hammering is always quite pleasing. An Accies win as unlikely as it would be would mean another lower league team in the semis should we overcome Raith.

Quarters.

I imagine they'll stick Darvel on the Monday night again. Déjà vu and also means they'll know who they could face if they go through - assuming they do the same with the next draw.

If it is Hertz early on the Saturday, at least we'll hopefully be the first name in the hat for the last eight, and can safely watch the rest of the round unfold.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Viapremier back to their best after the allure of an Edinburgh derby caused them to blow their loads in the last round.

Have no interest in watching Darvel again especially even against less of a tinpot outfit in Falkirk this time.

You want Monday night fitba, you II take what Auntie Beeb gives you! It’s Darvel, and you’ll like it, OR ELSE!

More amusingly will be watching the next draw if Darvel somehow get by Falkirk to see if they will finagle it to match them against a team they have a realistic chance of winning against or if we could see the spectacle of something like Darvel v Celtic…