Queens Park 🕷️ v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When fans think their team is pish, it’s usually because your opponent makes you look pish. This was more than just 3 points last night. For the guys to lift themselves like that after what the club did to them gives me great hope that we can actually go on and win this league. I found out last night that the players actually were told about the “error” before they left Inverness. Some journey home that must have been. 

Once again, no failures. The two at the back are just having their best lives at the moment and everyone else gathers energy from that. Boateng is a dream. Excellent introductions from both Shields and Oakley. In every position though we were better than our opponent, more determined.

Our fixtures until the end of March are mostly at home and against the lower half of the league. We’ve decent cover in every position. We’ve come through a really tough January and despite everything the board has thrown at us, the team are still flying and the fans still solid. We’ll take some shifting.

Queens Park we’re better than us, but ultimately both goals came from horrific individual mistakes. 

So many heads gone over this result. 

There really wasn't that much between the sides, Queen's deserved the win over all but the first goal was critical. Fans get too enthusiastic after every win and lose their heads after any defeat. Our defeat wasn't anything to do with the ref, although his performance wasn't great, it was down to a couple of poor decisions and mistakes.

The pen was a stonewall pen (although we had no way of knowing that from inside the ground with our view) and, even watching it at the ground, the Ayr shout for a goal didn't look to have completely crossed the line either.

Championship players are Championship players because all of them have a mistake in them and cannot produce their best every game all season. We really shouldn't turn on them - the window is closed and we are gong to need them all to contribute at some point of the season and they pretty much all will be asked to do so. Young players not getting pelters for every mistake is only going to help them perform, rather than retreat into their shells.   

The reality is there are about four or five teams in this League that are all much of a muchness and on any given day beat the others. We are not going to win them all, but if we aren't too unlucky with injuries then we should finish top four.

We can play better and will. Queen's will drop points too. Take it on the nose, dust ourselves down and move on. It was a bad day at the office. There are some lessons to be learnt, probably. That's football.

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
typos

Yeah, but Dundee will certainly drop points too.

But for sure, Dundee must be favourites to win the League, have been all season. It's going to be pretty tight though, and I would be surprised if it's decided before the penultimate game of the season, if not the last.  

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Of course it isn’t. He was good last night but he was also a big part of your collapse against us at the start of the season and was rotten in the 5-0 game. Alex Kirk hasn’t put a foot wrong this season and I’d rather have Musonda than Kilday. 

It helps him that he’s got Charlie Fox next to him. Much the same that it helps McGinty that he has Kirk. 

I’d say that’s a slight disservice to Kilday. Think there’s probably the perception that Kilday is just your bog standard middle of the road championship or even league 1 level defender and up until this season that would be a fairly accurate statement but he’s genuinely been outstanding this season. He had to carry Eze through many games and Ayr fans know best on what Eze is like at the best of times. I think for amazing as Fox has been, there’s definitely a few that would suggest that purely on performances this season, Kilday has been the best performing man at the back for us 

Fwiw I really rate musonda but he just seems permanently injured 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Queens Park we’re better than us, but ultimately both goals came from horrific individual mistakes. 

My take was that on the first one QP made a sweeping series of passes down the pitch before Shields excellent delivery. The Ayr defenders were caught out and on the wrong side of McPake. Even at that the penalty still had to be converted, and was, with an excellent strike.

For the second, Davidson made a bold run into the box, again after some slick passing down that wing, and feinted a cross which put the LB off balance. Once past him, good composure and a well paced and accurate ball into the centre of the goal eliminated the keeper. All MacAllister did was deny McPake a tap in. 

Both teams were better matched in the second half but I was surprised at how much route-one was played in the first.

14 hours ago, QPFC67 said:

Kilday's been the best CB in the league this season. Not even a debate.

Kirk and Fox are the two best centre halfs in this league. Been impressed by O'Connor at Morton every time I've seen him too, absolutely bullied Murray at Ochilview.

1 minute ago, Spiders67 said:

Kirk and Fox are the two best centre halfs in this league. Been impressed by O'Connor at Morton every time I've seen him too, absolutely bullied Murray at Ochilview.

Kirk and Fox have been injured for parts of this season. Just feel that gives Kilday the edge for this season.

11 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

So many heads gone over this result. 

There really wasn't that much between the sides, Queen's deserved the win over all but the first goal was critical. Fans get too enthusiastic after every win and lose their heads after any defeat. Our defeat wasn't anything to do with the ref, although his performance wasn't great, it was down to a couple of poor decisions and mistakes.

The pen was a stonewall pen (although we had no way of knowing that from inside the ground with our view) and, even watching it at the ground, the Ayr shout for a goal didn't look to have completely crossed the line either.

Championship players are Championship players because all of them have a mistake in them and cannot produce their best every game all season. We really shouldn't turn on them - the window is closed and we are gong to need them all to contribute at some point of the season and they pretty much all will be asked to do so. Young players not getting pelters for every mistake is only going to help them perform, rather than retreat into their shells.   

The reality is there are about four or five teams in this League that are all much of a muchness and on any given day beat the others. We are not going to win them all, but if we aren't too unlucky with injuries then we should finish top four.

We can play better and will. Queen's will drop points too. Take it on the nose, dust ourselves down and move on. It was a bad day at the office. There are some lessons to be learnt, probably. That's football.

This is all too too reasonable, and not at all in the spirit of Pie and Bovril. I suggest you add some hysterical references to Gretna, crowd wanking, and some recycled GIFs, which will restore your standing. Seriously though, some good points here. That's football. It's great.