Saints v Hibs

24 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You then play Motherwell, who will have a new manager, United away (only one point from them this season), Hearts, then St Johnstone away.

Top six for Hibs is a coin toss at this point. The recent fixtures have been negotiated well enough, but it's been a great run of fixtures to have.

Hopefully our defence will be stronger by then and Nissy will be back

9 hours ago, AndyM said:

Awful match, horrible weather at Jon Obika Stadium but delighted to get the 3 points with the Hibs support noisy and brilliant. 

Superb pies at St Mirren according to my hungry pals who were trying the all the varieties . "This is fuckin superb. A million miles better from some of the the dugshite they serve up at other grounds".😆

I think it’s a great stadium.

10 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Mate, everybody know's we were the last Edinburgh Club to win the Scottish Cup and the League Cup. 

The last Edinburgh Club to win relegation though? Ljsl9nQ.png

How many Scottish Cups and League Cups have Hibs won compared to Hearts?

13 hours ago, Elixir said:

How many Scottish Cups and League Cups have Hibs won compared to Hearts?

Congratulations on being good before 1906 and in the 1950s - you must remember it fondly. 

Hibs have won more in my Dad’s 59 year lifetime.
The same number in my 35 year lifetime.
The same number in my 16 year old cousins lifetime.
And more in my made up 11 year old nephew’s lifetime. 

Basically to have actually experienced Hearts win more than Hibs, you have to be part of an exclusive 15 year age range of 17-32, or be 60+ and basically dead. That’s pretty poor considering all the tens of millions that have been taken and squandered from Lithuanian peasants, Gorgie businesses, and from young Hearts fans inheritances in that time. Bit of a riddy in fact.

Edited by Austinho

13 hours ago, Austinho said:

Congratulations on being good before 1906 and in the 1950s - you must remember it fondly. 

Hibs have won more in my Dad’s 59 year lifetime.
The same number in my 35 year lifetime.
The same number in my 16 year old cousins lifetime.
And more in my made up 11 year old nephew’s lifetime. 

Basically to have actually experienced Hearts win more than Hibs, you have to be part of an exclusive 15 year age range of 17-32, or be 60+ and basically dead. That’s pretty poor considering all the tens of millions that have been taken and squandered from Lithuanian peasants, Gorgie businesses, and from young Hearts fans inheritances in that time. Bit of a riddy in fact.

That's a very long-winded way of avoiding saying that Hearts have won far more Scottish Cups than Hibs, and despite having not won it since the Cuban Missile Crisis, that Hearts are also still a more successful League Cup team than Hibs.

We've won the big one - the most prestigious one - thrice in my lifetime, something unmatched by any Scottish club outside of Parkhead or Govan in that period. That includes gubbing your rabble twice at the national stadium along the way. Given everything else Hearts have inflicted on Hibs over the years, I'd probably be bitter in your shoes as well, tbf.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Does every match thread involving an Edinburgh team decend into this these days? 

Only Hibs threads M9, most of us dont bother with them except the odd passing piss take, but they are making absolute tits of themselves on our (and Aberdeen) threads at the moment.

Fannies