Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It certainly didn't help my mental health but as football's a funny old game, I'm going to predict a draw. Clearly I have no idea how we will recover but hope springs eternal. 

Fingers crossed. Will be brilliant when Dunfermline get another crazy comeback then you beat us.

2 hours ago, DiamondT said:

Going to be interesting this one. We have shown we are more than capable of putting a few past Dunfermline who where completely rattled when we got going. However seeing yet another collapse when we go down to 10 men is concerning.  Strong belief McPake is going to Motherwell with appointment expected this week. So that would be interesting how that would effect The Pars. And we will definitely miss Smithy but still have McGregor who can definitely do a job and I've heard that LJ might be back to us this week from a St Mirren fan which would be a boost. Expecting a reaction from our guys and an Airdrie win. (As long as we keep 11 men on the park) ♦️

Find it unlikely that Motherwell would go for McPake if i'm honest I think he'll finish the season with Dunfermline. I'm certainly not feeling confident at all going into this it will be a very difficult job to be able to pick up the players after Saturday for any manager never mind a 30 year old player manager. Where is your source for LJ potentially coming back from St Mirren? (other than from a fan you spoke to) They only recently recalled him from his loan. I'd like to think they'd be a reaction but from the poor interview after the game and the comments from McCabe in the paper I think the players confidence might have taken a massive hit. 

I admire your optimism but I'm not expecting an Airdrie win at all, as i've said on here numerous times Dunfermline have only been beaten once this season and are top of the league for a reason.

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Find it unlikely that Motherwell would go for McPake if i'm honest I think he'll finish the season with Dunfermline. I'm certainly not feeling confident at all going into this it will be a very difficult job to be able to pick up the players after Saturday for any manager never mind a 30 year old player manager. Where is your source for LJ potentially coming back from St Mirren? (other than from a fan you spoke to) They only recently recalled him from his loan. I'd like to think they'd be a reaction but from the poor interview after the game and the comments from McCabe in the paper I think the players confidence might have taken a massive hit. 

I admire your optimism but I'm not expecting an Airdrie win at all, as i've said on here numerous times Dunfermline have only been beaten once this season and are top of the league for a reason.

As I say mate it was just a quote from a St Mirren fan I know who said Jamieson is looking to get back to us as he feels he won't get near any playing time. Just need to see on that one. 

Totally agree it will be hard for the boys to recover but facing the same opposition straight away should ignite a fire in the bellies to put things right. They'll also take confidence from how they got into that lead. I don't doubt how good Dunfermline are and they are top for a reason but like Saturday if we score first they will get nervy. My fear is only us beating ourselves again tbh. 

Against my better judgement heading through to EEP on Saturday. I’d grab a draw and run if we could but can’t see us getting anything. Saturday was our chance to get back in the race and we blew it. Where’s the best place for parking near the stadium?

15 hours ago, 2lgm said:

Against my better judgement heading through to EEP on Saturday. I’d grab a draw and run if we could but can’t see us getting anything. Saturday was our chance to get back in the race and we blew it. Where’s the best place for parking near the stadium?

Roughly any side street around East End mate. Put Garvock Hill in your SatNat and you'll find a space around there or one of the many side streets, all within a 5 minute walk to East End. Earlier you turn up the closer you'll get to the ground but even turning up at 2:50 you'll still get a space within a 5 min walk.

Hamilton was a walking red card on Saturday and Chalmers was as much use as an inflatable dartboard. Middle of midfield is needing changed to combat against the nippy Airdrie players. We were panicking and allowing them to bully us constantly with their quick play. Different approach required.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Head east, along Carnegie Drive to the big roundabout, at the towns police station, take the 1st exit off the roundabout, then take an immediate right to a huge carpark. Less than 5 minute walk to the ground. You'll see the carpark I'm talking about.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

I can't see Airdrie repeating that 3 goal lead they chucked away last Saturday. We'll be much better organised to allow that 2 weeks in a row.

I believe the Pars will take a narrow victory from the game. Maybe 2-1.

Don't see anything other than a home win. They sussed us out last week and have the hex on us. We might be one of the best footballing teams in the league but lack of experience on the playing and the management side will cost us. Rhys can't play when he's managing and he can't manage when he's playing. Either way, I'll be there.

Yeah, Leys Park is always a strange recommendation for away fans IMO - wrong end of the ground, further from the motorway if you're using that, a nightmare to get out of after the game, etc. Maybe if you're stopping off in town before or after but not just for the game itself I wouldn't say. Any of the side streets off Halbeath Road are better bets.

I always park at Transy Grove. If you park there around 2.30pm or before, you'll get a space. 2 minute walk and your quick on the road if you're heading the Kincardine Bridge way (which I would recommend for fans heading from Airdrie)