The Travel Vloggers Thread

Highland Capital

On 03/03/2023 at 09:53, Michael W said:

Noel Phillips is just there to review the airline and the airport, no? A waste in my view as well given he goes to some pretty interesting places, but it's a genre. 

I've only watched a few of his videos, didn't mind them albeit he can be a bit huffy as outlined already. No interest in watching his reviews of a £7k Business Class ticket on Qatar or Singapore Airlines, though. The whining is at least justified when down sitting down the back on some tinpot SE Asian airline that is about four weeks from going bust.  

Its the business class reviews that I don't tend to watch. I guess its his job so he flies in and out to get the flights for content.

Don't know if anyone follows CallumAbroad but his stuff is unreal, guy from Coatbridge who goes travelling around the world.

I think he's in Iraq at the moment, was kicking about the favelas in Colombia not long ago and hanging out with Escobars brother.

9 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Don't know if anyone follows CallumAbroad but his stuff is unreal, guy from Coatbridge who goes travelling around the world.

I think he's in Iraq at the moment, was kicking about the favelas in Colombia not long ago and hanging out with Escobars brother.

I saw him pop up on my Twitter due to being a Rangers fan early doors and I've followed him for a while. He has some crazy good content. His Pakistan videos are really good to watch, integrates himself with the culture very well. 

I do worry though as he seems a bit naive that he could end up in some bad situations, quite sadly after getting some views he seems to have connected with the weird rapey bald n bankrupt guy and that incel lord Miles guy that has twice now been arrested by the Taliban. I think even very recently the Miles guy has again been detained by the taliban and Callum was apparantly quite close to going on the same trip that had them captured. 

5 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I saw him pop up on my Twitter due to being a Rangers fan early doors and I've followed him for a while. He has some crazy good content. His Pakistan videos are really good to watch, integrates himself with the culture very well. 

I do worry though as he seems a bit naive that he could end up in some bad situations, quite sadly after getting some views he seems to have connected with the weird rapey bald n bankrupt guy and that incel lord Miles guy that has twice now been arrested by the Taliban. I think even very recently the Miles guy has again been detained by the taliban and Callum was apparantly quite close to going on the same trip that had them captured. 

Has that lord miles been released? I do think that he is quite naive too, he was recently on a trip and he put a video up of his hotel being under gunfire.

I do think that he could end up in trouble sometime, he was talking about going to Kyiv a couple of months ago too. 

I liked his videos in Saddam Hussains compound, he also had good ones in the pyramids in Egypt. I don't know how he gets bye though when YouTube don't monetise his videos as they say he promotes violence with going into favelas etc.

• 3 months later...
On 14/04/2023 at 11:13, KD1711 said:

This guy...

randy-marsh-huge-balls-costume-wheelbarrow-01.png

Used to watch Globetrekker back in the day. Hosted by an English guy called Ian Wright, Americans  Megan McCormick and Justine Shaprio amongst others. Basically they went around the world to and reviewed off the beaten track types of places as well as fairly well known places. It was fairly backpackers type of travel reviews. Absolutely loved the show. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone watch ‘jetlag’ its quite geeky but i can absolutely binge on those videos. 

Yes. Absolutely yes. 

Even subscribed to nebula to get the early access and podcasts. Extremely watchable content (including the wendover and hai vids). 

It reminded me of the amazing race only less predictable and an actual very likeable group of contestants. 

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Yes. Absolutely yes. 

Even subscribed to nebula to get the early access and podcasts. Extremely watchable content (including the wendover and hai vids). 

It reminded me of the amazing race only less predictable and an actual very likeable group of contestants. 

Yes, i thought id dislike Ben and Adam as they can seem at first a bit moany but they grow on you. The concept is for me fantastic, the challenges, the cards, the strategy and a great insight into some fantastic places. The Japan capture the flag was superb! 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, i thought id dislike Ben and Adam as they can seem at first a bit moany but they grow on you. The concept is for me fantastic, the challenges, the cards, the strategy and a great insight into some fantastic places. The Japan capture the flag was superb! 

Yeah - the fact they shoot it themselves and have designed the concepts is really impressive. 

Think I preferred the New Zealand series to Japan but I’m far too excited about Tag 2 which should hopefully be coming out soon. 

13 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Yeah - the fact they shoot it themselves and have designed the concepts is really impressive. 

Think I preferred the New Zealand series to Japan but I’m far too excited about Tag 2 which should hopefully be coming out soon. 

The disguises in the Paris tag one were superbly funny. Agree the New Zealand one was superb, the research they must put into it is incredible, its for me better than any travel show ive seen on tv. 

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The disguises in the Paris tag one were superbly funny. Agree the New Zealand one was superb, the research they must put into it is incredible, its for me better than any travel show ive seen on tv. 

Have you ever seen the amazing race? They’ve spoken about before how it’s kind of them trying to do a more authentic amazing race but with elements of taskmaster involved. I can see it. 

The fact they are legit on street view from that station in France is brilliant. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 20:23, RuMoore said:

And that's him now in Afghanistan apparantly detained by the Taliban...

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's still tweeting..

Oh aye, his "detention" seemed to be a bit of a leading term but probably accurate to an extent. 

I've got a lot of time for the guy but can't say I support the decision for any of these guys that go to such places.