The Famous Caley v The Hammies

40 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The schedule seems a bit skewwiff with us playing the Hammies twice in a few days.

Game next Tues 21st is the one that was postponed on Sat 17th Dec during that spell of freezing weather.

Edited by cdhafc1874

52 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Caley fans, what’s the closet(and best) pub to the stadium? Getting the train up tomorrow and due in just before opening time so any pub recommendations most welcome. 😀

There is a bar at the stadium but you’d be much better off staying in the town for as long as possible.

Id recommend the Imperial. It’s across the road and about 30 seconds to your left as you come out of the train station. There is also a taxi rank right outside the door so easy enough to get a taxi to the ground.

You’ve got the Gellions, Foxes, Black Isle Bar, Phoenix and other dotted around the town too if you are fancying a bit of a tour. All reasonably close to each other. 

If you are planning on staying in the one place there is also the Innes. It’s not exactly in town but it is on the way to the stadium does good pints and very good food so I’ve heard.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

There is a bar at the stadium but you’d be much better off staying in the town for as long as possible.

Id recommend the Imperial. It’s across the road and about 30 seconds to your left as you come out of the train station. There is also a taxi rank right outside the door so easy enough to get a taxi to the ground.

You’ve got the Gellions, Foxes, Black Isle Bar, Phoenix and other dotted around the town too if you are fancying a bit of a tour. All reasonably close to each other. 

If you are planning on staying in the one place there is also the Innes. It’s not exactly in town but it is on the way to the stadium does good pints and very good food so I’ve heard.

Could be wrong but I don’t think there’s any food on a Saturday.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The Nip Inn is the greatest pub in the world so that gets my vote

A shoutout to the Tarry Ile, Thistle Inn, Back bar of the Gellions, Downstairs in the Market Bar and the Keg. All great places.

Tbf I meant the Innes but I’ve not been in on a Saturday for a while. I’m probably remembering when Colin had the place rather than Craig 😂

3 hours ago, lochnesscaley said:

At the Innes? Normally food on a Saturday these days 

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think @The Mantis was talking about The Imperial.