Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Joanna Cherry gave less than full throttle support for Ash Regan this morning on GMS, more like apologetic and grudging. 

I got the distinct impression it was like a shrug of the shoulders and least worst option in her view.

27 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Weighing it up based on the information provided so far, It looks like Yousaf is not telling the truth. Thats not to say im correct just thats the impression I get from it.

So its a potential mark against him not so much for missing the vote but for what appears to be an attempt to create a false narrative about why. On that topic if that is the case and it was done on purpose due to pressure he received. It then also becomes a question about his leadership quality. Whoever gets the job needs to lead not be lead and it seems here along with other examples thats hes easily lead rather than leads. Also he should be strong enough to explain why he missed rather than attempt a deflect, those sort of situations will occur in future is he going to do same then?

It certainly isnt cleared up and more questioning on it seems fine by me for someone going into a potential FM role.

I suppose this is another example of why this is a choice of three fucking dismal candidates.

Humza, whether he is being honest or not could have dealt with this better, just as Forbes could have. To have two candidates balls up a straightforward situation really doesn't fill me with any hope whatsoever. Ash Regan gives off serious bunny-boiler energy.

They're all shite and it'll probably be a spoiled ballot next time round for me. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yousaf’s friend and lawyer arranges a statement supporting his version of events and we’ve all to just blankly accept it without question? Aye ok. 

I wouldn't engage with him on this matter. His mind is made up. #TeamHumza

45 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I got the distinct impression it was like a shrug of the shoulders and least worst option in her view.

I find it really hard to believe that any serious analysis of the candidates results in anything other than a “least bad” endorsement, whomever that be for.  It’s pretty much a clusterfuck of mediocrity, with all three candidates fundamentally flawed.  I could very well see this going all Liz Truss.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I find it really hard to believe that any serious analysis of the candidates results in anything other than a “least bad” endorsement, whomever that be for.  It’s pretty much a clusterfuck of mediocrity, with all three candidates fundamentally flawed.  I could very well see this going all Liz Truss.

I suspect that's what Cherry's banking on, preparing the ground for her own pitch after a disastrous next election.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I wouldn't engage with him on this matter. His mind is made up. #TeamHumza

I'm not as it happens, I just think trying to nail and judge him for this thing is petty and naïve.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not as it happens, I just think trying to nail and judge him for this thing is petty and naïve.

Apologies if you are not.

However, your giving him the benefit of the doubt and parroting the line from his campaign. When the basic facts wrt. dates show that his version of events doesnt actually stack up.

Your hypothesis could be correct with regards to preserving the relationship with the Muslim community and the Pakistani consulate. If that's the reason though he should just say it. He's left it so long that everyone will draw their own conclusions now.

However, my gut feel is he's trying to ride two horses. Namely, I don't allow my faith to affect my legislating and I had an unmovable meeting so missed the final stage of the equality marriage vote. I'm certain the second statement is false irrespective of the motivation.

I dunno. When you start to say that Humza missed the vote because of unspecified reasons, but ignore his previous support and votes, his continued support and votes for further legislation and that in this case it was a final vote with cross-party and majority support where his vote was not vital.

You add in the fact that being absent is not a vote against and it seems the accusation is a bit thin.

Not to mention his support, membership and representation for the SNP, the party that has introduced and formulated all this legislation.

There is also his challenging the s35 which he is under no obligation to do. As the other two candidates clearly demonstrate.

I've been watching the hustings and he explains that his growing up as a minority in Scotland makes him more sensitive to issue of rights and representation. I can believe that.

A lot of context has to be removed to make it seem as if there is something mutterful amiss, and it doesn't appear to amount o whole lot more than a manufactured outrage. I watched the Beth Rigby interview and there was f**k all there too. Salmond looked well-fed though.

The hustings are lot less confrontational and more conversational than the press would like. So they have to look for dissent and gossip to make into something that the mouth-breathers will latch on to. What 's interesting is that there is no real scandal or corruption.

Running multiple sock accounts at once now mate? 

On 03/03/2023 at 11:03, orfc said:

You think you're all being sarcastic now, but the way indy types have turned on a sixpence against their former heroes like Salmond, Cherry and Wingsy I bet you'll be saying it for real in a year or two

16 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

The longer time goes on, the more I'm convinced that the SNP are the dodgiest party ever known to man.

Humza Yousaf will win this, mark my words.

Wingsy exposing yet more underhand, rule breaking behaviour here

https://twitter.com/WingsScotland/status/1632445147383312386?s=2

35 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

The longer time goes on, the more I'm convinced that the SNP are the dodgiest party ever known to man.

Humza Yousaf will win this, mark my words.

Wingsy exposing yet more underhand, rule breaking behaviour here

https://twitter.com/WingsScotland/status/1632445147383312386?s=20

You've led a very sheltered life.

48 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Running multiple sock accounts at once now mate? 

Nope 🙂 - Wingsy is just how he's known to all his unionist chums. "That b*****d who wants independence" to you Judean People's Front lot.

Sir Wingsy for FM 🙂

6 minutes ago, orfc said:

Nope 🙂 - Wingsy is just how he's known to all his unionist chums. "That b*****d who wants independence" to you Judean People's Front lot.

Sir Wingsy for FM 🙂

The response is actually even more tragic than the accounts. Chapeau.