Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

What do you dislike him for?

Not taking the piss or anything, but I thought he was part of Common Weal which to my understanding is left wing and all about wealth distribution, social justice etc.

I'd have thought he'd have been well liked on here?

He's a raging misogynist by all accounts, not to mention having an ego like Richard Branson. His 'rape' questioning of a female colleague was pretty low. He's fallen out with every organistation he's been involved with. Even the Jimmy Reid Foundation weren't 'radical' enough.

robin mcalpine raped.png

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Looking forward to working with convicted criminal Sheridan who must be one of the most discredited figures on Scottish politics. He puts on events in George Square with the ‘Scottish Resistance’ where they play Braveheart, that’s the level.

More seriously he and the figures around him have been vocal in spreading conspiracies and denial around Russian war crimes in the war in Ukraine. He’s an utter complete arsehole, a loser and a sex case weirdo.

A step up from sleepy cuddles then, getting a bit risqué now is she not with swinging Tommy 😂

4 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

He's a raging misogynist by all accounts, not to mention having an ego like Richard Branson. His 'rape' questioning of a female colleague was pretty low. He's fallen out with every organistation he's been involved with. Even the Jimmy Reid Foundation weren't 'radical' enough.

robin mcalpine raped.png

He'd fit in well with the SWP.

22 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

robin mcalpine raped.png

Thanks Cru.

Don't know much about him at all, so this is all news to me.

29 minutes ago, renton said:

Anyone watching?

I did, still waiting for Kate to offer an honest prospectus for a more Angela Merkel type vision for the party, no change from Humza or Ash either. If it carries on I think Humza will walk it as the only adult in the room, unless 2nd preference votes do him in. If Forbes wins it I can see her lasting as long as Kezia Dugdale, who she reminds me of a little.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I did, still waiting for Kate to offer an honest prospectus for a more Angela Merkel type vision for the party, no change from Humza or Ash either. If it carries on I think Humza will walk it as the only adult in the room, unless 2nd preference votes do him in. If Forbes wins it I can see her lasting as long as Kezia Dugdale, who she reminds me of a little.

honest?

Honestly!

Truth be told, there's been the square root of zilch in terms of vision from Humza and if he thinks being the establishment appointment is enough, well good for him but that seems a bit too much like John Major for my liking.

What is it about the female leader of a party that draws your comparison?

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

honest?

Honestly!

Truth be told, there's been the square root of zilch in terms of vision from Humza and if he thinks being the establishment appointment is enough, well good for him but that seems a bit too much like John Major for my liking.

What is it about the female leader of a party that draws your comparison?

Well she ain't Angela Merkel, maybe it's more of an age thing. All I see is buzz words and zero strategy. End child poverty! Convert the No voters! Expand the tax base! Speed up the A9! Free up land ownership! If she starts giving "how"s I might take her more seriously, even if it's the shift to the right she's been hinting at but is too scared to say out loud.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well she ain't Angela Merkel, maybe it's more of an age thing. All I see is buzz words and zero strategy. End child poverty! Convert the No voters! Expand the tax base! Speed up the A9! Free up land ownership! If she starts giving "how"s I might take her more seriously, even if it's the shift to the right she's been hinting at but is too scared to say out loud.

And Humza?

Is he being held to the same high standard or is he getting a free pass?

What is he offering?

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Hmmm, I seem to remember when Big Ange Postecoglou was being regarded as a fifth-choice fanny, and yet here we are.  Sometimes we don't always get the candidates we would like, and sometimes the ones we don't rise above our expectations.

On that basis I could maybe hold my nose very tightly and see if Forbes can stop the good ship SNP crashing itself fully onto the rocks of electoral doom.

But meantime, share your alternative with us.

Hate to keep repeating myself, but I’m not sure how some people can’t see this. Kate would be an absolute disaster of epic proportions. Humza is the best of two bad options. 

Was trying to think last week of who it was Forbes reminded me of, and aye, right enough, it's Kezia Dugdale. She just gives off the same vibe of being liable to land herself in a shitstorm of her own doing every single time she opens her mouth, and being nowhere near astute enough to recognise when she's being dragged into pointless, petty bunfights she'd be better off avoiding altogether.

Humza still inspires no confidence really, but I agree with the earlier sentiment that spending another few years standing stock still and going nowhere is still infinitely preferable to potentially losing a huge chunk of your vote because your party leader is an easily manipulated loose cannon.

She could learn a lot from Nicola Sturgeon, specifically that rather than entertaining much of the pish thrown at her by the media and political opponents, trying to explain and justify the reasons for your disagreement often just serves to legitimise the pish itself, and it's often far more sensible and expedient to just shut it down by ridiculing the premise or replying with a unambivalent and concise one word answer.

32 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Was trying to think last week of who it was Forbes reminded me of, and aye, right enough, it's Kezia Dugdale. She just gives off the same vibe of being liable to land herself in a shitstorm of her own doing every single time she opens her mouth, and being nowhere near astute enough to recognise when she's being dragged into pointless, petty bunfights she'd be better off avoiding altogether.

Humza still inspires no confidence really, but I agree with the earlier sentiment that spending another few years standing stock still and going nowhere is still infinitely preferable to potentially losing a huge chunk of your vote because your party leader is an easily manipulated loose cannon.

She could learn a lot from Nicola Sturgeon, specifically that rather than entertaining much of the pish thrown at her by the media and political opponents, trying to explain and justify the reasons for your disagreement often just serves to legitimise the pish itself, and it's often far more sensible and expedient to just shut it down by ridiculing the premise or replying with a unambivalent and concise one word answer.

She'd be an absolute fucking liability. That's something like three times now she's turned in a clown/minefield performance and that's without even factoring in opposition politicians. 

I can't believe we're at the stage where Humza is considered s shout because it will be the least disastrous of the three options. Either way i think we can safely confine independence to the bin for at least 7-10 years. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

She'd be an absolute fucking liability. That's something like three times now she's turned in a clown/minefield performance and that's without even factoring in opposition politicians. 

I can't believe we're at the stage where Humza is considered s shout because it will be the least disastrous of the three options. Either way i think we can safely confine independence to the bin for at least 7-10 years. 

I'm trying to figure out what a good option looks like? Nicola Sturgeon has an almost unique ability to speak to folk on a human level that puts her heads and shoulders above pretty much 99% of all other politicians, a leader as much as anything else.

Not sure we can really be surprised the rest aren't in the same league. Yousaf and Forbes shouldn't be condemned for merely being politicians. I don't even think Yousaf is that bad a politician. He gives a reasonably cogent, polished talking point, knows how to get through a debate and has a survival instinct. People can debate his track record at various departments but I'd ask who was the last good cabinet minister in any of the UK Parliaments?

If all political careers end in failure then cabinet ministers are the perfect example. You get 18 months to 2 years sitting in a department trying to deliver programmes that need 5 or 10 year periods to mature. If any of them deliver anything it is almost pure luck to be sitting in the seat when the civil service gets round to administering a policy.

Forbes isn't Dugdale. She's Truss. She's got it in her head that she has a unique vision that the country needs. Yet She's not given any thought as to how her vision is supposed to keep the current SNP voting bloc together while she goes out to pull in centrist/right wing votes. 

In some ways her straight talking should give her an advantage and be an electoral asset that if you squinted at it in the right light might look Sturgeonesque, but it's not combined with a good instinct. She blunders into discussions she can't subsequently control and doesn't therefore make that good a fist of making the point. She may well be better than Yousaf if it came to policy delivery in a technical sense, but not in terms of maintaining popular consent as far as I can see.

Regan is barely much more than her tartan jacket costume.

Edited by renton

8 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Hate to keep repeating myself, but I’m not sure how some people can’t see this. Kate would be an absolute disaster of epic proportions. Humza is the best of two bad options. 

You are repeating yourself but whilst you use such hyperbolic language, you should have the self awareness to understand why you might be coming from a place with just a dash of subjectivity 

7 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Either way i think we can safely confine independence to the bin for at least 7-10 years. 

While it's easy to point to this as a failing of the SNP, and there have been failings, they could have maintained a flawless strategy over several years that pushed support to consistently 60%+ and this would still be the case regardless. If you have a UK government absolutely set on intransigence no matter what by simply saying no to a referendum regardless of how undemocratic that stance is, it's wishful thinking to suggest the SNP can somehow strategise their way to independence from that position if they simply change their tactics.

Until such time as there's a hung parliament with the SNP having the seats to be kingmakers, this isn't changing.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

While it's easy to point to this as a failing of the SNP, and there have been failings, they could have maintained a flawless strategy over several years that pushed support to consistently 60%+ and this would still be the case regardless. If you have a UK government absolutely set on intransigence no matter what by simply saying no to a referendum regardless of how undemocratic that stance is, it's wishful thinking to suggest the SNP can somehow strategise their way to independence from that position if they simply change their tactics.

Until such time as there's a hung parliament with the SNP having the seats to be kingmakers, this isn't changing.

I think we've effectively gone from a faint hope to absolutely none, obviously a new leader devoid of charisma is a large part of that, but longer term I think the Alba nutbags have poisoned the well somewhat also.