Fairytale Killers v Alloa

It’s getting to the point that I’m honestly not enjoying games due to the performances of the ref. Every week we get landed with some utter clown show c**t of a ref. The clubs in the lower leagues need to start mouthing to the powers that be, the standard is horrific.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s getting to the point that I’m honestly not enjoying games due to the performances of the ref. Every week we get landed with some utter clown show c**t of a ref. The clubs in the lower leagues need to start mouthing to the powers that be, the standard is horrific.

That was Premiership officials today. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You are joking, they were utter pish.

I don’t actually think they were, to be honest. I’m thinking back to the game and apart from a couple of wrong ones the stand side lino got and the referee being a bit picky at times, I can’t think of anything they got massively wrong.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as the usual standard.

I thought the ref and linos were rank rotten. They continually got decisions wrong. The standard in this league is awful. I mind moaning about Collum when we used to get him in the championship, but he was miles ahead of any we get now and handled Monday nights game really well.

21 minutes ago, printer said:

I was watching the game, but I know the laws, unlike you I'm guessing?

Watched the ref constantly pull Falkirk back to the spot the ball went out of play for a throw in (and quite rightly so) and then let the Alloa players gain 5/10 yards up the park. Not sure what law covers that lad you tell me x 

26 minutes ago, printer said:

I was watching the game, but I know the laws, unlike you I'm guessing?

You're at it. Presumably you weren't watching that closely then, given (for example) your full back tried to take Gary Oliver's shirt off him during the game, rather than, you know, waiting til the end?  Hilarious nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Watched the ref constantly pull Falkirk back to the spot the ball went out of play for a throw in (and quite rightly so) and then let the Alloa players gain 5/10 yards up the park. Not sure what law covers that lad you tell me x 

There isn't, but it only happened in your head, not in reality.

1 minute ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

You're at it. Presumably you weren't watching that closely then, given (for example) your full back tried to take Gary Oliver's shirt off him during the game, rather than, you know, waiting til the end?  Hilarious nonsense. 

We weren't playing full backs, we had a back three with two wide midfielders/wing backs.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m honestly not enjoying games

I get the impreession if you are not winning games  by a barrowload you lot are not happy

check where you were last season and calm down . We were not exactly impressed with the ref either .

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The ref. was dreadful. One example: Donaldson clearing the ball, Sammon slides in and fouls him, ref gives nothing (because he wasn't looking), turns round, sees Donaldson rolling about and gives the foul.

I'm surprised at this from you. The usual morons I'd expect it from.

You really believe the ref gave a foul for an incident he didn't see on the basis he saw a player on the ground rolling about? You do know the ref is miked up to his assistants, who will bring his attention to incidents he misses?

1 minute ago, printer said:

I'm surprised at this from you. The usual morons I'd expect it from.

You really believe the ref gave a foul for an incident he didn't see on the basis he saw a player on the ground rolling about? You do know the ref is miked up to his assistants, who will bring his attention to incidents he misses?

Being miked up means nothing really. We seen that when the ref pointed one way for a throw and the linesman pointed the other way. 

The ref was horrendous but thankfully didn't affect us winning.

20 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I get the impreession if you are not winning games  by a barrowload you lot are not happy

check where you were last season and calm down . We were not exactly impressed with the ref either .

You get the wrong impression then. I don’t expect us to win any game by barrowloads and I’m delighted with the progress we are making under John and Paul. 

At no point did I moan or make out the ref was against us, I said they were crap and that was for both sides. The standard is horrendous and this is every single week. They don’t even get the basics right. We had an offside decision given against us earlier this season from our throw in.

I’m told a lot of the issues are because of the amount of officials now required for VAR in the top flight and the lower leagues are getting left with the dross. I don’t know how true this is but every week they are garbage and that’s for both sides.