The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

16 minutes ago, orfc said:

So the majority can't have been that unhappy with her? Sounds like a few agitators to me. SIR STUART WINGS OBE covers a few reasons why they might have done this. Gonna be a labour seat anyways.

No Idea, I'm not in the SNP, those that I know are absolutely despise her 

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

They held an internal election to reselect her, any members that didn't vote votes went to the status quo and that's why she was reselected.

24 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

No Idea, I'm not in the SNP, those that I know are absolutely despise her 

So, as a non-member, how do you you know the election system give votes "to the status quo". That's not the system in use in my constituency, and doesn't seem very democratic.

As far as I'm aware, the only time this system was used in Scotland was the rigged 1979 referendum, where the dead were held to have voted "No"

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Magic, so you ascribe a return to that 1970s utopia where we can all talk about corner shops and takeaways in that Alf Garnett style?

If you think that young prospective voters are in the slightest bit interested in the "traditional support" including Ewing, then you are fucking deluded.

p.s. its Kool Aid

Give that another read because you've completely missed the point there pal. But thank you for clarifying the spelling of a soft drink name

37 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, as a non-member, how do you you know the election system give votes "to the status quo". That's not the system in use in my constituency, and doesn't seem very democratic.

As far as I'm aware, the only time this system was used in Scotland was the rigged 1979 referendum, where the dead were held to have voted "No"

Because I know members

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Because I know members

Either they are taking the piss, or you are misunderstanding them.

Here's a copy of the The Constitution, Rules and Standing Orders of the Scottish National Party

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/uploads/SNPConstitution2020.pd

On page 122, it states

14.3 All selections of parliamentary candidates will be carried out on the
basis of one-member-one-vote using the principles of single
transferable voting.

Nothing there about not voting meaning that you vote for the status quo.

32 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Either they are taking the piss, or you are misunderstanding them.

Here's a copy of the The Constitution, Rules and Standing Orders of the Scottish National Party

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/uploads/SNPConstitution2020.pd

On page 122, it states

14.3 All selections of parliamentary candidates will be carried out on the
basis of one-member-one-vote using the principles of single
transferable voting.

Nothing there about not voting meaning that you vote for the status quo.

Only going on what I was told fella, no misunderstanding. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:40, Michael W said:

I wonder if she tried Labour first and was told they weren't interested. 

I wondered that as well. Labour seeing the benefit of having their own candidate coming in fresh to a winnable seat rather than having Cameron's considerable baggage, not being open to an attack from the Tories which would probably create headlines in England come a campaign that this shows their closeness with the SNP and are soft on independence, and seeing her go to the Tories as well means they can fire up the "vote SNP, get Tory" line.

The latter is a bold move for a party who'll have Christian Wakeford as a candidate at the GE, but you could see their logic even though a move to Labour would have been more directly damaging to the SNP.

Lisa Cameron 2 weeks before jumping to the Tories when she realised she was going to be deselected by her constituency party.

“We obviously haven't achieved an independent Scotland as yet but that is a work in progress and has to be the priority for people and has to be what we're doing the work on, even when we're standing up in the parliament and speaking in debates on behalf of constituents.”

“The number two priority just now is the cost of living crisis for constituents across our area.

“I have hundreds of people contacting me about that. Every single month.

“They are really struggling because we're still in a Westminster austerity situation, where the people who are the most vulnerable, including many, many disabled people across our constituency have found that they have borne the brunt really of cuts and changes.”

“People in Scotland voted to Remain in the EU and we've been dragged out of the EU, with all of the benefits.”

“The main thing that binds us together as a party is independence.

"I think another aspect of our move towards independence is reaching out to people, no matter your background, no matter your views on the SNP or independence is showing that we're credible."

The hustings took place on September 27th and she defected to the pro-UK Tories on October 12th.

1 hour ago, orfc said:

Some performative attention-seeking with no substance you mean, as also documented by this:

she had been blanked by party colleagues in the Commons’ tea room and corridors and was forced to seek help from a counsellor and her GP after experiencing panic attacks and loneliness.

No wonder people are dropping dead of undiagnosed cancers and heart issues, when absolute fucking losers like her are wasting everybody's time in the NHS. 

The SNP are a shambles and it seems to be getting worse, to be fair to Humza though even though I havent been that impressed with him in the past. I think hes handled himself and recent events very well. I said in past I would still give him the benefit of the doubt when he became the leader, maybe he will surprise me.

I'm hearing that Kate Forbes will replace Humza early next year.

She wouldn't be my choice personally, due to her narrow views, but there is support within my family.

Apparently some areas of central belt voters were not happy with Humza's appointment.

Edited by SandyCromarty

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm hearing that Kate Forbes will replace Humza early next year.

She wouldn't be my choice personally, due to her narrow views, but there is support within my family.

Apparently some areas of central belt voters were not happy with Humza's appointment.

When you say you’re ‘hearing’ I’m assuming these are the voices in your head?

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When you say you’re ‘hearing’ I’m assuming these are the voices in your head?

No surprise to read that you're using schizophrenia for a cheap shot. How very inclusive of you.