A Bullet Doidged? - Hibernian vs Kilmarnock

Really solid performance

Should've scored more

Conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games which was a disputed VAR goal.

Attacking front foot football on display

Killie offered nothing.

MotM between, CJ, Jeggo and Fish and it goes to Jeggo. Nothing spectacular but he does the work of two men and is always available to take the ball. Exactly what we needed. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

MotM between, CJ, Jeggo and Fish and it goes to Jeggo. Nothing spectacular but he does the work of two men and is always available to take the ball. Exactly what we needed. 

It’s actually “Eegs, Jimmy and Big Willy”, as has been clarified in this thread. But I agree with you in principle. 

That was rotten from us, Walker and Wright kept us in it. Obviously might have been different if Marshall hadn't pulled off what looked like an excellent stop in the first couple of minutes, but that was as good as it got.

Slightly puzzled by the reaction from our support to the team selection though. It isn't what I'd have picked, but it can hardly have come as much of a shock that he stuck with the same midfield as last week, when we picked up our first away win in a long time. You can clearly see the logic, even if it didn't work out.

The most comfortable 2-0 win you will see, if it had been 4 or 5 it wouldnt have been a surprise.

Youhan is great to watch, but likes to beat players 3 times.............

That defence is much better without Porteous in it. Fish was my MotM, closely followed by CJ or Jeggo.

Thats Mcgeady done for the season, I imagine.

Beaton doesnt like to let games flow, and for the sending off I didnt even think it was a yellow. Have to watch it agian, but Var is pish.

Killie were really poor (McKenzie aside). I think they could be in bother at the end of the season.

McInnes tactics are horrible...............mind when some were wanting him as Hibs manager? 😬

12 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Interesting to hear almost all of the Hibs fans around me booing and shouting "oh FFS" and "get on with the game" stuff at the VAR incident.

hibs_var_feb23.thumb.jpg.eddf87b3b8337799123b070ebdb15b8b.jpg

Still, besides an excellent reflex save in the first half and the goal-line clearance at the end, we offered very little and with better finishing it should have been more than 2-0 to Hibs IMO.

We are not a good side the now.

Mash Up Cat GIF

Ooh la la, check out Monsieur West Stand. 

It’s well documented and I’ve been on record saying this before but the turnaround in Josh Campbell is unbelievable.

When he came into the team I did think it was bizarre that a guy that spent the previous season at Edinburgh City on loan was being chucked in and I felt that was honestly about his level.

Hes proven absolutely everyone wrong, Lee Johnson deserves a lot of credit for his redemption. That backheel that set up Youans chance was a moment that he wouldn’t have even attempted last season, his confidence is clearly just in a completely different place.

CJ Egan-Reilly & Fish rightly got some praise for their performances yesterday but I felt Campbell was the stand out.

On 18/02/2023 at 17:03, Tommy Tappin said:

Really solid performance

Should've scored more

Conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games which was a disputed VAR goal.

Attacking front foot football on display

Killie offered nothing.

Fish was my motm.  Looks a player.  Hope we keep him.  Invest the Porto money on him pronto. 

3 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s well documented and I’ve been on record saying this before but the turnaround in Josh Campbell is unbelievable.

When he came into the team I did think it was bizarre that a guy that spent the previous season at Edinburgh City on loan was being chucked in and I felt that was honestly about his level.

Hes proven absolutely everyone wrong, Lee Johnson deserves a lot of credit for his redemption. That backheel that set up Youans chance was a moment that he wouldn’t have even attempted last season, his confidence is clearly just in a completely different place.

CJ Egan-Reilly & Fish rightly got some praise for their performances yesterday but I felt Campbell was the stand out.

Campbell has been outstanding this season and I take back any criticism what I said about him. 

Get Fish and Youan signed up on permanent deals in the summer. 

We do need these players if we do end up playing in Europe. BBF9198E-6D77-4ACC-85BE-7FF9ACD29277.png.33c4784dd49a10711583b52475b0886e.png

On 18/02/2023 at 17:46, Estragon said:

I've no idea how we're still in this y'know. Next weekend absolutely massive. 

Ach yer 10th and clear of the Dundonians and the Dingwallers. You'll be fine. (I hope, if only for the fantastic pies).