Airdrie Vs The Bairns

Can't really complain with the end result.   Missed penalty,  midfield slow in passing forward,  mcgill wrong decisions in good positions.  Overall a poor performance.   

Falkirk definitely a different than last year.  Seemed to have a spare man out wide all afternoon.  Created more today than the last 5 times we played them. 

Naismith is a contender for the best player in the league and was excellent today but I'm sure when he sees the replay of him getting bumped from the side and throwing himself on the deck holding his face he himself will see how much of a fanny he looks.  Hope his manager speaks to him about that.   

On to mextweek in our quest to lose the play off final as usual. 

3 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Can't really complain with the end result.   Missed penalty,  midfield slow in passing forward,  mcgill wrong decisions in good positions.  Overall a poor performance.   

Falkirk definitely a different than last year.  Seemed to have a spare man out wide all afternoon.  Created more today than the last 5 times we played them. 

Naismith is a contender for the best player in the league and was excellent today but I'm sure when he sees the replay of him getting bumped from the side and throwing himself on the deck holding his face he himself will see how much of a fanny he looks.  Hope his manager speaks to him about that.   

I actually think Airdrie will be doing well to make the plays offs never mind the play off final. Having just played Alloa twice in quick succession I think they look a better all round side and then there’s Edinburgh City who seem to have Airdrie’s number. 

8 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Who is Naismith?

Only able to see the second half. Falkirk worthy winners. 

actually thought at 2-1 we were set to equalise, once the third went in we were awful and only poor finishing/decision making by a previously clinical Falkirk stopped a rout.

Will be interesting to see who wins the league now. We need to get our act together quickly to try and make the play offs. 

Thought we actually started the game pretty brightly in the first 5 minutes or so. Airdrie popped up with the first goal though and you could see that gave them a lift, they were excellent for the next 15 minutes or so. It was a little bit like a basketball match at that point with play raging from one end to the other. We just felt our way more and more in to the game and were getting a lot of joy down the wings whereas everything Airdrie were trying to do was through the middle of the park. 

Telfer took a few penalties for us and zinged them all very cleanly right in to a corner, so no idea what he was up to today with that effort. Clearly gave us a boost and we came out and dominated the second half. My only criticism really is we could and should have scored 3 or 4 more goals but for some terrible finishing and Kennedy and Allan both being greedy b*****ds and not squaring for tap ins.

Kinnear looks similar to Hogarth - aka a young English premiership goalie and a big upgrade on PJ Morrison, in all aspects of his game but particularly in his distribution. Nesbitt my MOTM today, thought we was terrific. When he plays well, we play well. Good to see Kennedy grab a couple of goals as Morrison had been out-shining him on the other side of late.

Looked like a blatant penalty for a handball just before our second goal - would like to see it again but I dont know why we simply haven't been getting these decisions this season. Especially after Airdrie's goal (which looked offside) and them getting a penalty themselves. Didnt matter in the end thankfully.

Airdrie were poor at TFS the last time we played though were missing some key players tbf. I was expecting a lot more from them today, especially with them being at home and given how close they ran the Pars recently, but they weren't great again. Certainly wouldnt have any fear facing them in the play offs now.

Kucheryavyi looked class again when he came on, an absolute baller who just doesnt lose possession. If McGinn or Henderson are carrying any kind of knock I'd rest them against Peterhead and give him a start. Oliver with another battling performance and goal, fair play to him. Burrell must be wondering how he is going to get any minutes at all let alone a starting place which is pretty mental considering what he has contributed when he has played. Another good win, just need to keep it going and hope the Pars slip up. 

Had visitors for a wee while so that saved me from posting. It's all it's and buts over several key moments but once we went 3-1 down , it was all over yet again. Well done to Falkirk who looked way better than Dunfermline for long spells today. Much as it pains me to say I hope a real chase is on at the top two while we really need proper management if fourth is to be gained. Even then, it's another season in the seaside leagues given our play off record. Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Well done to Falkirk and there impressive following heard 1100 fans in the stand,    good game, better team won on the day,   a team that perhaps you cannot afford. 😏😏,    that's us played the top 2 back to back,  different styles not much in it,   oh wait the Pars have a 5 point lead,   they are this year's Cove,  so title will go to our Fife brothers.....Enjoy the chase

As stated before we are lifers, in the seaside league,  if you guys stay in it much longer and your austerity hits, you could well be the same..

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Well done to Falkirk and there impressive following heard 1100 fans in the stand,    good game, better team won on the day,   a team that perhaps you cannot afford. 😏😏,    that's us played the top 2 back to back,  different styles not much in it,   oh wait the Pars have a 5 point lead,   they are this year's Cove,  so title will go to our Fife brothers.....Enjoy the chase

As stated before we are lifers, in the seaside league,  if you guys stay in it much longer and your austerity hits, you could well be the same..

Get well soon, mate.

41 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So sad it’s funny. The most bitter and raging “well done” in history! 👏 🤣

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Strange kind of game I thought in that we were both excellent and pish at different times. The defence was all over the place in the 1st half and I thought Donaldson was having his worst game for us at that point. Mackie was erratic in the 2nd at times too although both Rowe and McCann had good games. I thought Oliver was isolated and ineffective, yet he scored again so fair play. I thought Nesbitt started poorly yet may well have been MOM by the end. Kinnear looked quite solid with his double save in the 2nd half being a highlight. Big Henderson had a good game although McGinn probably needs a rest and I'd play Max in his place next week. Can't understand why McGlynn didn't bring Burrell on as Airdrie were having to chase the game and were leaving lots of room at the back. Neither Allan or Wright were up to much with Wright missing a sitter for the second game in a row. Our counter attacking was effective in the 2nd though and we really should have scored a few more.

A word on the pitch; don't know if it was the number of pellets or whatever but a few people stubbed toes or stumbled on it with Mackie almost gifting a goal at one point.

Just got to hope that we can beat Dunfermline twice and keep the momentum going.