HAFC 🔴⚪ v ICTFC 🔵🔴

16 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Good win for us in the match circumstances & takes us off bottom of the league for 1st time in a long time!

Finally to Billy McKay - GIRFUY ya cheating wee diving p***k, enjoy your suspension 😂

I don't think my arse has ever collapsed quite as much as it did when the ref blew his whistle to book him. Was certain he was giving a penalty. 

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Grow up Hamilton.  No-one is impressed.

I was. Bottom of the league at kickoff - and they trousered you.

Even as a Morton supporter, it's heartwarming to see a struggling team pull themselves up by the bootlaces and hit a great run of form. Fair play Accies.

Edited by Chippyminton

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me!

But I suppose we have to put the loss down to our major injury crisis.

Once we get all the many injured players back, you'll see, we'll go onto a great winning streak as Dodds really knows what he's doing and we'll prove all you boo boys were so wrong over the last months.

We lost tonight because we are defensively terrible and can’t take our chances at the other end - this has happened too often recently.

A majority recognise injuries contributed to bad results and performances previously - but they are not a major factor now. 

Many believe we need a managerial change and I agree, I can’t see Dodds turning this around unfortunately and we need to make a change temporarily or permanently. 

@SandyCromarty who has actually said Dodds is a good manager? I’m curious as I’ve not seen anyone say it 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

f**k no. Equally culpable IMO

Remember that post where I mentioned had a dream about Ian McCall ending up as our gaffer? Also f**k no!

There won't be time to bring in a new HC before the Dundee game so if Dodds does go they will have to do until someone else comes in.

Fair play to Hamilton, feel like we could still be playing and they would still be throwing themselves in front of shots like their lives depended on it. Won’t be relegated playing like that

Dodds really is incompetent, 75 minutes in and that’s when he made the first changes of the night. Accies looked like they changed their shape early in the second half and we did absolutely nothing. Who knows what Delaney has done to be dropped but I much prefer Harper in the midfield with Delaney at left back.

Carson playing on one leg for 45 mins was atrocious (he got a strapping on at half time and took it off less than a minute into the second half 😂 says a lot about the medical team)its no wonder we have a terrible injury record this season . No surprise that playing Wallace Duffy the centre half out at right completely nullified any threat down that side, not like anyones pointed out to our glorious leader we’d not signed a right back in 2 years 👀 

Was sat about 100 yards away so can’t comment on the Mckay penalty claim but who knows what the second booking was for. Hopefully the boy up front for Accies got Devines jersey at full time as he had it halfway up his back at one point. 

Thoroughly disappointing evening and finally….#DoddsOut 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

How embarassing it must be that you can't beat us then

I was sitting just in front of the auld  fella tonight.Great patter as always and as I kept reminding him, he is our lucky charm as we have went on a great run since he reappeared...Ayr excepted.

I thought Caley had five great chances first half,us four although I am still puzzled how the guy who hauled Tiehi back  was not sent off...Ref Never even gave a foul.

Ditto for the handball which a few Caley fans admitted outside was a Penalty and sending off.

We would have lost this game six weeks ago, but the fighting spirit and togetherness from the Players/Management and Fans was there for all to see.

I omit the Boardroom as they are again hindering the squad by not bringing in another striker. Tiehi has been running on empty last 25 minutes the last 4 weeks, but there is no-one there to lighten the load apart from playing left back Shiels up front.

Dereliction of duty again from that mob in the Boardroom.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me!

But I suppose we have to put the loss down to our major injury crisis.

Once we get all the many injured players back, you'll see, we'll go onto a great winning streak as Dodds really knows what he's doing and we'll prove all you boo boys were so wrong over the last months.

NorthStand10 hit me with a red for this post.

Seems like he gets upset when I criticise Dodds.

As I said the last time he did this and given he joined in January I reckon he is close to the core.

Now he'll come back with an anti Dods rant again.

I thought we were actually decent in spells last night. Easily better than the performance at the weekend though that's a pretty low bar. Henderson was seeing a lot of the ball down the right and he linked well with Carson who got much further forward to support him than he did on Saturday. MacKay on the other side was...okay but his touch often let him down as we've seen so often. Most of our early chances came from crosses or set pieces and there were some decent saves from Fulton in the Hamilton goal. Accies main threat going forward seemed to be our defending as we looked a bit of a shambles at the back giving the ball away a lot of the time and struggling with the physicality of the Accies forward line.

No real surprise that when the goal did come it arrived via poor defending from ourselves. A short corner was whipped in and O'Reilly rose unchallenged and sent his header into the net possibly via a bounce off the ground which took it away from Ridgers. Similarly, given our joy down the right side when we did take a chance it wasn't a massive shock to see it come from a cross into the box. Henderson (I think) sent a low ball in and Accies only partially cleared the ball to the edge of the box and Allardice strode onto it and coolly passed it into the net. A deserved equaliser.

Into the second half and Duffy missed what looked to be an easy chance when he headed wide from a corner and Mckay (Billy) played MacKay (Danny) in but he took a very heavy / awkward touch which looked like it came off his shin before it hit the post.

Then followed some real controversy as Shaw gave the ball away and Accies broke down the ICT right which led to a chance which looked destined to hit the net but for a "block" by Harper (I think) on the line. It looked at the time he had blocked the shot with at least one of his arms but inexplicably Colin Steven and the assistant referee gave nothing. I guess they were unsighted but we definitely got away with one there.

Not long after that Accies did take the lead when MacKay was chasing back and he clipped the Accies player in the box and sent him tumbling. Clear foul and I think a yellow was fair. I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to take out the player I think it was a very tired attempt at a challenge. Regardless, Smith scored with ease from the spot and we were behind once more.

After that we seemed to lose our composure and Mckay went down in the box under a challenge but was booked for a dive. Seemed a bit harsh from where we were but things got even worse when he went down under another challenge in the middle of the pitch and was shown a second yellow presumably for kicking / lashing out or maybe just dissent. Again, I thought it might have been slightly harsh but that's probably with blue and red glasses on.

As he walked off Dodds was barracked by a large number of the ICT supporters in attendance. A half hearted thumbs up suggests he knows his time is almost done here.

11 hours ago, approximately dave said:

There won't be time to bring in a new HC before the Dundee game so if Dodds does go they will have to do until someone else comes in.

How about P&B users get a go.........................winner stays on?

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

NorthStand10 hit me with a red for this post.

Seems like he gets upset when I criticise Dodds.

As I said the last time he did this and given he joined in January I reckon he is close to the core.

Now he'll come back with an anti Dods rant again.

I hit you with a red because you are singling a person or people out - you accused me of singling folk out last week, slightly hypocritical no?

You remember last Monday don’t you Sandy? When you couldn’t form a comeback to my reply that highlighted I am indeed not a happy clapper