Managerless Plastic Whistle v Raith Rovers nil

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mitchell aside, that’s probably full strength for us. He’s a downgrade on Sneddon definitely, but I can only actually remember one game (Dundee at home) where he had a proper horror show of a performance, so it might be fine. 

This will be the first match we’re tried without Brown (missed 117 minutes total all season, out of a possible 3,390), and it gives every Raith fan a sinking feeling. We’ll see what happens, without Matthews to replace him, I just hope we don’t try dropping Stanton deep.

Said it before when we thought he might miss the Motherwell game, but I think Brown is the single most integral player we currently have. He's probably not the best player, but he's the most irreplaceable. 

Huge onus on Brad Spencer to (symbolically) shift across and fulfil that more controlled, conservative role in the base of the midfield. I'm a huge Spencer fan and he's definitely got the footballing intelligence to know how to do it, but it's not his natural game. Presumably he'll have Stanton to help him out, but we'll miss Sam at 10. McBride hasn't looked as completely lost recently, but he's undeniably a downgrade on Stanton. 

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This will be the first match we’re tried without Brown (missed 117 minutes total all season, out of a possible 3,390), and it gives every Raith fan a sinking feeling. We’ll see what happens, without Matthews to replace him, I just hope we don’t try dropping Stanton deep.

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Said it before when we thought he might miss the Motherwell game, but I think Brown is the single most integral player we currently have. He's probably not the best player, but he's the most irreplaceable. 

Huge onus on Brad Spencer to (symbolically) shift across and fulfil that more controlled, conservative role in the base of the midfield. I'm a huge Spencer fan and he's definitely got the footballing intelligence to know how to do it, but it's not his natural game. Presumably he'll have Stanton to help him out, but we'll miss Sam at 10. McBride hasn't looked as completely lost recently, but he's undeniably a downgrade on Stanton. 

Hope we use Spencer as a 1 versus dropping Stanton deep…4-1-3-2?

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

That would certainly be 'high risk, high reward', but he's stuck with the 4-2-3-1. Stanton alongside Spencer, as predicted. 

I just think to loss of Stanton deep is pretty big, and Spencer can certainly fill a sweeper role…the two wide players would have to drop back a bit more, but Connolly and Easton should be good to do that.

Big shout for a Thistle penalty. Looked like Lang just barged the striker over after letting the long ball go over his head. Would’ve been screaming for it had it been the other end. I like Lang but he really does have an error in him. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Big shout for a Thistle penalty. Looked like Lang just barged the striker over after letting the long ball go over his head. Would’ve been screaming for it had it been the other end. I like Lang but he really does have an error in him. 

Exactly the same as the one we did concede in the last minute at Cappielow. Defender touch tight to the striker so he just tips himself forwards. Literally, we've seen them given. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Substitute nearly any Championship players name for Lang there, and you’ve summarized why they are playing at this level and not higher up perhaps?