What to do in Inverness tomorrow

mac.i

With the kids being off school tomorrow I gave them the choice of a day away in the train.

They decided on Inverness so tickets have been bought. It's years since I've been to Inverness so what are the must see things to do with a 10 and 13 year old? We've got between 5 and 6.5 hours from noon.

56 minutes ago, mac.i said:

With the kids being off school tomorrow I gave them the choice of a day away in the train.

They decided on Inverness so tickets have been bought. It's years since I've been to Inverness so what are the must see things to do with a 10 and 13 year old? We've got between 5 and 6.5 hours from noon.

There's a couple of climbing walls, skating rink and swimming pool with chutes and stuff, and you can hire electric bikes for skooting around or going along the canal and or river.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, mac.i said:

20 years since my last visit ti Inverness. Took kids to Fort George and went out onto the Moray Firth in the hope of seeing some dolphins. (I think it might just be a ruse, these cetaceans probably don't exist......)

Bellfield Park, the Ness Islands and Whin Park are all near the river.  Beyond Whin Park is the new Archimedes Screw near the newest bridge across the Ness.  On the other side of the river, you can go along the canal.  Heading south towards Dochgarroch is a bit of a walk. 

Instead, heading north along the canal, you pass Tomnahurich hill.  It is a cemetery that includes a grave for the Lion Tamer.  If you are okay with cemeteries, the view from the top of the hill is quite nice. 

Alternatively you can skip that and continue along the canal, across Telford Road, across the train line, all the way to the north end of the canal where there is a nice view.  Heading back along the canal, you can cross the train line again and later on turn left to continue along the water side and then back into town.  You might even go pass Clachnacuddin Football Grounds!  Yikes!

Thanks everyone, the day was filled with a couple of hours in the museum & art gallery, hot chocolates for the kids, visit to Primark 🤦🏼‍♂️and a wander along the Ness over both "bouncy bridges".

Bank of dad didn't suffer too much on this occasion, both went pretty much right to bed when we got home and didn't surface until late morning today so definitely a success 🤣🤣🤣