Cove Rangers vs Dundee FC - 4/3/23

9 hours ago, The Derry said:

McGhee Fisher Sweeney

Kerr ---------------- Clampin

Byrne Williamson

Mulligan

Robinson Jakubiak 

Ashcroft, McMullan, Anderson, McCowan, Cameron, Maguire, Hannant all on the bench for options.  

God there's some shite in this team.  

On paper that looks like the best formation we could employ with the players at our disposal.  For the sake of our season, please  e mail Bowyer.

9 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Aye same, convinced myself it surely can’t be as bad as Tuesday night. 

If McGhee’s announced in midfield I might just head back down the road though.

I can't see a world where Bowyer is radical enough to change McGhee from midfield.

I'm hoping for smaller changes but I doubt those will happen either!

On 01/03/2023 at 16:50, The Master said:

Any Dundee fan who's daft enough to be going to this*, there's roadworks at Stonehaven that added 20 minutes to my drive to Aberdeen on Monday and yesterday.

It might not be so bad on a weekend, but these things can be unpredictable so maybe better to leave a little earlier to be safe.

*I, personally, am daft. 

Bit late to the party but they're finished those roadworks.

I think something weird is going on. Kerr took a kicking and got subbed off on Tuesday, so it's understandable he's not even in the squad, but where are McGuire and Tolaj? A wild Byrne has suddenly appeared, and lo and behold, Mulligan on the bench yet again so LB can inevitably bring him on at half-time after the starting 11 has proved to be a shambles.

It's getting to McPake levels of 'WTF?' now.

Mulligan shouldn't be starting as he's been rotten all season and you can get away with one of Mcghee or Maguire in midfield as long as Williamson is in there with his creativity.

No Kerr also a big bonus and a chance for Clampin to show what he can do on the other side.

Confident of a win with that line up - my main gripe would be McMullen starting again but he can also be a match winner. If his end product is dire once again its time for a prolonged spell on the bench.

No excuses that line up should manage to win today.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think something weird is going on. Kerr took a kicking and got subbed off on Tuesday, so it's understandable he's not even in the squad, but where are McGuire and Tolaj? A wild Byrne has suddenly appeared, and lo and behold, Mulligan on the bench yet again so LB can inevitably bring him on at half-time after the starting 11 has proved to be a shambles.

It's getting to McPake levels of 'WTF?' now.

Bowyer said some people had knocks and others had been out with an illness, which will likely be Maguire and Tolaj. Byrne has been available but just unused, same with Robertson, and both are rightly or wrongly behind in the pecking order.

It's really not that weird.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, The Derry said:

Fisher Ashcroft Sweeney

Hannant ------------------- Clampin

Williamson McGhee

Cameron

McMullan Robinson

or 

Fisher Ashcroft Sweeney Clampin

McGhee Williamson

McMullan Cameron Hannant

Robinson

I'd imagine the latter is far more likely, though on Tuesday it was more often a 4-1-4-1 with McGhee pushed even further forward than Cameron. If that's the same again today with Williamson left playing in front of a back four and nobody within miles of him, then we might as well just pack up and go home.

17 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

A raft of players missing. Our best 3 central midfielders in Fyvie, Yule and Scully all not available. Shay only fit enough for the bench, Brody out for the season and to top it off Mitch unexpectedly out.

I'd be surprised if we sneaked a goal let alone a point. Will be a tough ask but we are desperate and need to play for our lifes.

We're 11/2 at home, says it all 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

36 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Mate phoned an hour ago, he’s going too and was offering a lift. But unlike him, Ludo and BSA I don’t have the enthusiasm. Hope you see a good win lads. 

I'm not attending today, Spud! 

Cammy and Maguire both out with injuries.

I think Bowyer is trying to give the lads an opportunity to make amends for Tuesday by sticking to the same line up (as much as possible). Questionable decision that though.