Heart of Midlothian v The Better Saints

27 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Sibbick and Devlin dropped. No Humps?

20230304_140433.jpg

Humphrys took a knock against Motherwell but shouldn't be out for too long according to Neilson. In other words, we'll never see him again.

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Looks like McLennan through the middle in a 5-3-2.

Aye. He looks up front with May. Carey playing the role Hallberg has been, with Hallberg dropped deeper.

Fairly even game so far, Hearts just get their luck with the goal and Clark, somehow, keeping Wrights chance out.

Cant be long until Hearts fans completely turn on Neilson though, hopefully we can sneak a win and jump start that process.

Arguably I'd say we've been better than the win over united or the first half vs St.Mirren. 

Shakey defensively to start with and you could feel a goal like that coming. Much the better side since with only a brilliant save and some bad finishing keeping it level. May involved in all our good moments.

Lot of negativity in the stands with people suggesting that was fucking dreadful but I’m not sure I agree. Played some nice football and created a few really good openings but the absence of Nicky Clark is pretty noticeable. Not a lot in it at all and neither team look particularly great defensively.  

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Lot of negativity in the stands with people suggesting that was fucking dreadful but I’m not sure I agree. Played some nice football and created a few really good openings but the absence of Nicky Clark is pretty noticeable. Not a lot in it at all and neither team look particularly great defensively.  

I’d agree. The stuff going forward has been good generally and we’re creating a variety of chances, but defensively we look poor again. The main issue and it’s not his fault is Brown and his lack of left foot. Go to a back 4 and we’d look more solid I’d wager. The hearts 72, Hill is so casual on it and May’s going to nick it off his toes eventually. 

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I see both sides.

We've not played badly and are currently matching the 3rd best side in the country.

But it remains clear we're held back by the manager forcing players out of position to fit his back 5 fetish.

A good squad who can play good football being, unnecessarily, forced to have weak links.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Good time to score for Hearts there, their fans were right on top of them and they were looking questionable at best all over the park.

Who is the 72 for Hearts btw? Not sure about him at all.

James Hill. England U21 player on loan from Bournemouth