Club Legends

On 02/03/2023 at 06:44, Steve McQueen said:

Wotherspoon, May & O'Halloran with 3 trophies are certs.

Booth, Gordon, Kane all part of the greatest achievement in Scottish Domestic football must be close.

On 02/03/2023 at 06:51, RandomGuy. said:

Id say the only certified club legends are Wotherspoon and May. Locally born childhood Saints fans who have played hundreds of times for us and won 3 major trophies.

Others are close but for me just lack something that would make them on the same level. O'Halloran has 3 medals too but feels a step below those two. Others like Gordon/Kane will be remembered but not on that level IMO. One offs like Rooney just werent here long enough for it either despite their impact IMO.

Liam Craig and Murray Davidson have a reasonable claim too. Despite only being here a short time I’d still throw Rooney in as a legend, though I accept I could be alone in thinking that. 

Absolutely mental the number of players we’ve had recently who fall into the legend/icon/hero category. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Liam Craig and Murray Davidson have a reasonable claim too. Despite only being here a short time I’d still throw Rooney in as a legend, though I accept I could be alone in thinking that. 

Craig definitely, was just on about current players.

Muzz i think joins others the tier below a "legend". He'll be one who'll be remembered by the generations that seen him but im not convinced he'll be one who'll be massively remembered past his time, which is the criteria ive tried to use.

Wotherspoon/May will have the local connection, long term service, and 3 winners medals. That means theyll forever be brought up when talking about the clubs history. Craig as the record appearance holder will remain talked about until thats broken and probably beyond.

Edited by RandomGuy.