Title race

43 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I will settle for nothing less than Dundee as a concept being tried before the Hague for being a war crime.

The Hague are shite.

We'd fucking hammer them.

31 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Dundee won it then 

No chance. We've not beaten Morton this season and then we're away to ICT, with 1 league win there ever. 

Far from over, especially if thistle or QP put a few wins together 

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

No chance. We've not beaten Morton this season and then we're away to ICT, with 1 league win there ever. 

Far from over, especially if thistle or QP put a few wins together 

The emotional swing of the last couple of weeks back the other way if Queen’s beat the Accies and Ayr while Dundee lose to Morton and ICT would be top level. Then Dundee beat Cove and Queen’s lose to Morton to set up a last day classic…

..but who would the SPFL assign to call the match, for maximum seethe on both sides?

Optional version, Queen’s draw Morton, so a draw last day promotes Queen’s and Dundee have to win to go up…

We've bought a bit of breathing space but it's far from over given we've got Morton and ICT to come - not exactly teams we get an easy ride with.  On the other side, we've got Cove at Dens.  Morton worries me most as a poor result then ICT to follow may well test our bottle to the extreme and at the same time give a lot of hope to the other challengers. 

Big, big day for all on Saturday.

Realistically Thistle aren't winning all 4 remaining games, and even if they do Dundee only need 2 wins from 4 games. QP would need to better Dundee's results over the next 3 games with the harder fixtures and still would most likely need to win on the last day. Hoping it comes down to that for the drama.

6 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Realistically Thistle aren't winning all 4 remaining games, and even if they do Dundee only need 2 wins from 4 games. QP would need to better Dundee's results over the next 3 games with the harder fixtures and still would most likely need to win on the last day. Hoping it comes down to that for the drama.

But Thistle aren't our only challengers, or even the closest one.  Queens only need to pick up 1 more point than us over the next 3 games to leave them with a face-off with us.  Admittedly, we've go Cove up our sleeve.  

Everything could be looking a whole lot less rosier on Saturday night if we fail to win, especially as we then have to go to one of our bogey teams, ICT.  We've certainly put ourselves in the driving seat but no more than that.  

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

But Thistle aren't our only challengers, or even the closest one. 

Well indeed, which is why I dismissed us entirely. Queen's have a shot but they have a more difficult run than Dundee and need to outperform them over those 3 games, a, tough task given current form but clearly not impossible.

We're far more likely to finish 5th than 1st.

Edited by Virtual Insanity

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

Well indeed, which is why I dismissed us entirely. Queen's have a shot but they have a more difficult run than Dundee and need to outperform them over those 3 games, a, tough task given current form but clearly not impossible.

As I said, everything could look a lot different come Saturday evening - Dundee beating Morton is far from a given and I'm genuinely not just saying that.  Then we have to go to ICT, a really tough place for us.  If we go into the Cove game no worse off than we are now relative to our challengers I'll be over the moon.  

I'm not buying into the idea that any of you guys are out of it, far from it.  I might be if we have 3 more points on the table after Saturday. 

Not sure how Queens Park have a more difficult run in. Both teams have to play Morton plus of the bottom two. Morton will be a tough game for both and a win each against Cove/Hamilton.

QP have a game against an Aye side in rotten form while Dundee are going up against The Caley and we are in great form, plus Dundee are terrible up here.

I’d say it’s Dundee who have the tougher fixtures.

22 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Not sure how Queens Park have a more difficult run in. Both teams have to play Morton plus of the bottom two. Morton will be a tough game for both and a win each against Cove/Hamilton.

QP have a game against an Aye side in rotten form while Dundee are going up against The Caley and we are in great form, plus Dundee are terrible up here.

I’d say it’s Dundee who have the tougher fixtures.

I can't really see that but regardless you've factored in Ayr's poor form and you're current 'great form' but ignored Queens' current run of poor form.  

I'm less concerned about Dundee's fixtures than the fact that we haven't come close to winning in 3 games, without scoring a single goal in that time.

If, and it's a big if, we win comfortably on Friday night (while looking a bit more like the side we were 2/3 months ago) and Dundee drop points against Morton then I may start to believe there's still a title race.