Title race

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I'm less concerned about Dundee's fixtures than the fact that we haven't come close to winning in 3 games, without scoring a single goal in that time.

If, and it's a big if, we win comfortably on Friday night (while looking a bit more like the side we were 2/3 months ago) and Dundee drop points against Morton then I may start to believe there's still a title race. 

QP have had a horrendous past few weeks but ultimately they are only a result away from being right back in it. Hamilton are the worst team I've seen at Dens this season so I fully expect you to pick up 3 points. 

Next two games are very tricky for us. A Morton team we haven't beaten this season and a trip to Inverness relying on points is never good. This isn't over yet.

50 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I can't really see that but regardless you've factored in Ayr's poor form and you're current 'great form' but ignored Queens' current run of poor form.  

Queens Parks form doesn’t really change the difficulty of the teams they are going to be playing against.

If I was a fan of one of the teams challenging for the title, no matter what form we were in, I’d rather be going to play Ayr who seem to be in a bit of a free fall over going up to Inverness who really should be going into the game having won 5 or 6 out of their last 6 games.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Queens Parks form doesn’t really change the difficulty of the teams they are going to be playing against.

If I was a fan of one of the teams challenging for the title, no matter what form we were in, I’d rather be going to play Ayr who seem to be in a bit of a free fall over going up to Inverness who really should be going into the game having won 5 or 6 out of their last 6 games.

I'd also prefer to play Ayr than go up to your place BUT...

I'd rather be playing Morton at home than away.  

I'd rather play Cove than Hamilton.

I'd rather play a relatively out of form Queens than an in-form(ish) Dundee.

(And I'd also rather be 3 points clear).

Cannot believe the change in tune from Dundee fans on here.

Giving it the big yin for the last three months, and now that they've gone top and are in great form, they're shitting themselves.

After Hamilton this week, we play three teams who we have a league record this season of P12 W1 D2 L9, and that was back when we didn't look completely incapable of playing football.

It's absolutely over, and we would now be lucky to hold off Thistle for 2nd place.

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'd also prefer to play Ayr than go up to your place BUT...

I'd rather be playing Morton at home than away.  

I'd rather play Cove than Hamilton.

I'd rather play a relatively out of form Queens than an in-form(ish) Dundee.

(And I'd also rather be 3 points clear).

Yeah that’s fair. I wasn’t really looking at the last game tbh, more the run up to it.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Giving it the big yin for the last three months, and now that they've gone top and are in great form, they're shitting themselves.

After Hamilton this week, we play three teams who we have a league record this season of P12 W1 D2 L9, and that was back when we didn't look completely incapable of playing football.

It's absolutely over, and we would now be lucky to hold off Thistle for 2nd place.

No change in tune - we are optimistic we'll win the league and have put ourselves in a good position to do that but with 3 tough games to come out of 4 nobody is counting any chickens.  

Hardly shitting ourselves. 

44 minutes ago, Dave said:

Queens Park fans have basically nae right to make comments like this. Massive gap at the top and then as soon as your team shits the bed you try to mask your frustrations by saying 'I'd rather be in the championship anyway'.

It isn't over at all. I just hope your team are as defeatist as you are.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Dundee have a propensity for Hibsing it more than Hibs.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Queens Park fans have basically nae right to make comments like this. Massive gap at the top and then as soon as your team shits the bed you try to mask your frustrations by saying 'I'd rather be in the championship anyway'.

Despite what may have been said in here I'm not sure any Queens fan truly believes they'd rather we were in the championship. I get what you are saying about it not being over however after our recent performances its hard to see where results are coming from in the remaining games. For some reason we haven't been able to  respond to the loss of Murray. Some kind if change required by Coyle starting Friday or we may struggle to stay in the play-offs. 

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I've noticed in their thread they're admitting money is not keeping up with what they're trying to do as well.

Three weeks ago they were prudent, swashbuckling and headed for the Champions League. Now the well is dry, they're shite and headed for the knacker yard pining for Simon Murray.

jack nicholson yes GIF

Edited by Derry Alli

38 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I've noticed in their thread they're admitting money is not keeping up with what they're trying to do as well.

Three weeks ago they were prudent, swashbuckling and headed for the Champions League. Now the well is dry, they're shite and headed for the knacker yard pining for Simon Murray.

jack nicholson yes GIF

I know, second in the league, still in the playoff mix, no debt, sigh... I feel like such a failure 🤣

17 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Four games to go? It's plenty for all sorts of twists and turns.

In 2014 Dundee and Hamilton were level on points and goal difference with four games to go. Then Dundee hammered Cowdenbeath 4-0 while Accies could only draw at a weak Livi. Three games to go and Dundee were firm favourites.

Next game Dundee somehow contrived to lose at Cappielow to a woeful Morton team who were plummeting down to the seaside leagues. Accies beat Alloa. Hamilton were suddenly firmly in the driving seat. They had Dumbarton away and Morton at home, and only had to match Dundee's results to go up. Dundee had Alloa away and Dumbarton at home.

Second last Saturday and Dundee cuffed Alloa 3-0. Accies were 1-1 at Dumbarton at half time, but collapsed to a 4-1 defeat.

Dundee had only to draw at home to Dumbarton to clinch the title because there was no way Accies could make up the goal difference by running up an 8 goal winning margin against Morton. No chance. Was there?

On the final day Morton duly fulfilled their manifest destiny to be utterly atrocious on one of the few occasions anyone else cared what they did, and shipped 10 (ten) goals against Accies. It wasn't corruption, it was just Morton. Meanwhile at Dens Chris Kane took a dive into the Dee penalty area in injury time that fortunately did not fool the ref (thank you Bobby Madden), and Dundee were up.

That season I didn't start to feel confident till Nicky Riley was holding the ball by the Sons' corner flag 110 yards from our goal, 3 and a half minutes into the three minutes of injury time.

Four games to go? I haven't a clue.

Spot on. It's these experiences that have given us the advantage over the diddies so far this season; when points were dropped you'd get a gaggle of the clowns each week coming and laughing. The Queens were speaking as though they were up mere weeks ago and we've had atrocious sides like The Inverness, The Morten and The Ayr at stages through the season giving it laldy.

After being told to come back in May, we're nearly there. Morten next.

Thank you.