Title race

23 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Spot on. It's these experiences that have given us the advantage over the diddies so far this season; when points were dropped you'd get a gaggle of the clowns each week coming and laughing. The Queens were speaking as though they were up mere weeks ago and we've had atrocious sides like The Inverness, The Morten and The Ayr at stages through the season giving it laldy.

After being told to come back in May, we're nearly there. Morten next.

Thank you.

It’s April. You just did what you said all those others did.

You’re welcome.

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Cannot believe the change in tune from Dundee fans on here.

Giving it the big yin for the last three months, and now that they've gone top and are in great form, they're shitting themselves.

After Hamilton this week, we play three teams who we have a league record this season of P12 W1 D2 L9, and that was back when we didn't look completely incapable of playing football.

It's absolutely over, and we would now be lucky to hold off Thistle for 2nd place.

Hope you're wrong about this---at least about it being absolutely over---- you never know.....

28 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The Queens were speaking as though they were up mere weeks ago

You've absolutely made this up. I saw plenty fans of other teams claiming we'd just about sealed the deal, and nothing but cautious optimism at best from Queen's supporters.

36 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

We were attacking the Shankly end. Nicky chose the corner flag down by the Derry. A true artist knows his audience. 

Great player with superb hair, big Smiths fan as well.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Four games to go? It's plenty for all sorts of twists and turns.

In 2014 Dundee and Hamilton were level on points and goal difference with four games to go. Then Dundee hammered Cowdenbeath 4-0 while Accies could only draw at a weak Livi. Three games to go and Dundee were firm favourites.

Next game Dundee somehow contrived to lose at Cappielow to a woeful Morton team who were plummeting down to the seaside leagues.

Courtesy of Mr. D Imrie. 😉

2014.4.19(1-0)DougieImrievDundee.gif.3906e757f732bbc936be4bf77c4269e4.gif

It's quite amusing to see QP fans seemingly giving up hope while a bunch of Partick fans are far more confident despite their worse position. We Are Thistle has a good laugh of a thread, with folk jumping through hoops to try and come up with scenarios to ensure a title parade. I do still think if they keep this momentum going (and we keep ours over QP, mind!) they'll be the Championship's best bet in the play-offs against County/Killie/United.

As for us, it's nice to have a team rounding into form just now, but these next two games look to be utter arseaches so it's hard to get very confident. Morton have successfully stifled us every time this season and we've not scored against them, never mind beat them. We're in fine scoring form now though with a setup they've not yet faced against us, so we hopefully should be more successful at breaking them down.

Caley away usually puts the fear into a Dundee fan, but given Bowyer snapped that particular hoodoo earlier this season I don't feel as apprehensive as in times past. But that's for next week.

56 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Ran to the corner as far as he could away from the Dundee fans to do that 😂

Once a wee pap always a wee pap.

I'd say he was running to the home fans, then remembered to do a GIRFUY to the away fans.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's quite amusing to see QP fans seemingly giving up hope while a bunch of Partick fans are far more confident despite their worse position. We Are Thistle has a good laugh of a thread, with folk jumping through hoops to try and come up with scenarios to ensure a title parade. I do still think if they keep this momentum going (and we keep ours over QP, mind!) they'll be the Championship's best bet in the play-offs against County/Killie/United.

As for us, it's nice to have a team rounding into form just now, but these next two games look to be utter arseaches so it's hard to get very confident. Morton have successfully stifled us every time this season and we've not scored against them, never mind beat them. We're in fine scoring form now though with a setup they've not yet faced against us, so we hopefully should be more successful at breaking them down.

Caley away usually puts the fear into a Dundee fan, but given Bowyer snapped that particular hoodoo earlier this season I don't feel as apprehensive as in times past. But that's for next week.

Caley away is more likely to cause you a problem. They seem to be on the same kind of form that got them to the playoff final last season and are only just outside a playoff spot as it is.

12 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Courtesy of Mr. D Imrie. 😉

2014.4.19(1-0)DougieImrievDundee.gif.3906e757f732bbc936be4bf77c4269e4.gif

Shows the state of Morton in 2014 that they were a one man team - and it was Dougie Imrie.

It doesn't really surprise me he has done ok as a manager. I've seen him being interviewed by the press after games when he had parked his brain in the changing room and got involved in every possible rammy with the opposing players and bench. Once he had showered, calmed down, changed into civvy clothes and was being interviewed he came across as smarter and more thoughtful than the troublemaker we'd got used to out on the pitch. To be honest Dundee fans would have loved him if he'd been playing for us, kicking and winding up the opposition.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Caley away is more likely to cause you a problem. They seem to be on the same kind of form that got them to the playoff final last season and are only just outside a playoff spot as it is.

Queens have to play Ayr and Morton away , I feel the Dee just need to win their two games at home against Morton and Cove, they can afford to lose to caly thistle and still  go to queens as champions as Dundees superior goal average would count as a point 

22 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I've noticed in their thread they're admitting money is not keeping up with what they're trying to do as well.

Three weeks ago they were prudent, swashbuckling and headed for the Champions League. Now the well is dry, they're shite and headed for the knacker yard pining for Simon Murray.

jack nicholson yes GIF

I'm assuming your referring to the comments about the money for the Lesser redevelopment, in which case your correct, that money is limited and being drip fed to us.

However there is no shortage of money for the rest of what we're "trying to do".

For all the comparisons people keep making to Gretna, the money one is miles off.... we have far more money coming in than they ever did 😉

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

I'm assuming your referring to the comments about the money for the Lesser redevelopment, in which case your correct, that money is limited and being drip fed to us.

However there is no shortage of money for the rest of what we're "trying to do".

For all the comparisons people keep making to Gretna, the money one is miles off.... we have far more money coming in than they ever did 😉

Never a good idea to boast about the money coming in, that usually doesn't end well. See Gretna :rolleyes: