Title race

17 hours ago, jaggyness said:

In the nine games Doolan has been in charge our total currently stands at conceded 2 scored 16. Is nine games long enough for you? Or if you prefer a quarter of a 

Dundee have scored more than Thistle in that period so I'm not sure how we should be afraid of a free scoring Thistle. 

15 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

What’s a good sample ? The number in Dundee’s favour. Just to remind you. Doolan has been in charge for 9 games. 1 defeat; 18 points; 2 goals conceded. That said, I think it is too much for us to make up but we are making a good go of it. Maybe enough to add pressure to the rest. Things will be a whole lot clearer by Tuesday.

It's a good return but only 3 points more than Dundee which is my point - I'm not seeing why Dundee would fear Thistle as the in-form side. 

We beat Raith on Tuesday and we're more or less toe-to-toe with you on form over 9 games.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Last I remember it was a minimum of 12 players outfield available, but I’m not sure if that applies now…as it stands we have 10 outfield players healthy plus 2 out for the season, 2 that left the field earlier today with injuries, 1 that played injured, 4 that couldn’t play due to injury and 1 out for illness. Of those that missed or were injured today, the 2 off today won’t be ready, the illness is unknown, 1 of the 4 won’t be risked and todays injured one might now be out. That leaves 3 of todays not on the bench to possibly add to 10 healthy players. I know it’s so late there’s very little fudge room in the schedule, but it would be a shite call to make us roll out with no outfield subs.

We have 2 keepers healthy at least.

*Tainted title imo

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's a good return but only 3 points more than Dundee which is my point - I'm not seeing why Dundee would fear Thistle as the in-form side. 

We beat Raith on Tuesday and we're more or less toe-to-toe with you on form over 9 games.

If you can keep your nerve. Was yesterday a point gained or two dropped ? 
Raith on their last legs and chance of making playoffs, but I expect Dundee to win and take the title out of our reach,if it has ever really been in it since October.

9 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

You really aren’t taking your club’s recent poor performances very well at all.  You genuinely didn’t think, at any point this season, that QP would win the league, did you?

No. Seventh place was my pre season prediction, a bit higher than the bookies, who had us relegation favourites.  So I have quite enjoyed the ride and watching other teams fans lose the plot over our unexpected success, thank you Dundee for that 😄

Can Rovers not just pad out the bench with youth players? That’s what The Caley have to do every season when half our squad is out for 8 months at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

No. Seventh place was my pre season prediction, a bit higher than the bookies, who had us relegation favourites.  So I have quite enjoyed the ride and watching other teams fans lose the plot over our unexpected success, thank you Dundee for that 😄

Good to hear you’re not one of the deluded ones that changed their prediction mid season and actually thought QP were going to win the league.  

Edited by Shadow Play

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Raith on their last legs and last chance of making playoffs, but I expect Dundee to win and take the title out of our reach,if it has ever really been in it since October.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Raith on their last legs and chance of making playoffs, but I expect Dundee to win and take the title out of our reach,if it has ever really been in it since October.

A point gained for me, given we were away to the team that had just beaten 2 of our rivals to get us into this position in the first place.

Most of the game was just a battle. First half was fairly even with Dundee edging it, hitting the post and forcing the only meaningful save I can remember from either keeper. Second half Arbroath dominated possession and did well to stop Us playing at all, but didn’t create much other than a couple of free kicks that went close late on.

A point is absolutely fine, as long as we get at least a point, but really 3 on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Dundee have scored more than Thistle in that period so I'm not sure how we should be afraid of a free scoring Thistle. 

Given we aren't playing you your statement is irrelevant. Anyway, Dundee should be winning the league, especially from this position. And what you said was that two games wasn't a basis for comparison so I gave you a longer one which still makes you look rather silly. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

What 'success' is that?

Now don't be mean sweetie. I think most folk would agree QP have had a lot of success on the park this year.  Most media pundits seem to think so.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/queens-park-havent-splashed-cash-29484549

Just now, Stuntiethumper said:

Now don't be mean sweetie. I think most folk would agree QP have had a lot of success on the park this year.  Most media pundits seem to think so.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/queens-park-havent-splashed-cash-29484549

If Daily Record journalists are saying it then it must be true.

6 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Most media pundits are absolute slavers with a hard on for all Glasgow clubs. 

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Read the headline. :lol:

I'm sure fairytale, dream, underdog story, pinch themselves etc.. Will also be mentioned around 40 times throughout the artical too.

Pity they are winning f**k all then fading to obscurity again.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I'm sure fairytale, dream, underdog story, pinch themselves etc.. Will also be mentioned around 40 times throughout the artical too.

Pity they are winning f**k all then fading to obscurity again.

It's the same pish we had with fairytale Gretna.